Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MPadhi
Topic Author

Tips for making the most of business class flight?

Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:27 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm about to take my first ever (and probably last) flight in business class and wanted to make the most of the experience. I'm a seasoned economy traveller and know all the pitfalls to avoid, like checking SeatGuru to make sure the "window seat" actually has a window. However, there is not seat guru entry for my aircraft so was hoping ANet could help me out!

I'm going to be flying on a Vistara 787-9, and was a little confused by the icons on their website: https://www.airvistara.com/gb/en/vistara-experience/on-board/seat-map/boeing-787-9-dreamliner

Do all of the window seats in business class have well aligned windows? And does the link above mean that half of the seats face away from the window?

And finally, are there any other things to take advantage of in business class that someone who always flies economy might miss out?

Thanks in advance! :)

PI4EVR

Re: Tips for making the most of business class flight?

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:19 pm

Refer to Google and Images. Type in Vistara Airlines 787 Business Class to review the type of seat and cabin layout. Note the seats are staggered if the seat console is at the window or on the aisle, which explains some of the visuals of the seat map. No missing windows are noted in this forward cabin.
Look for the review of "takeoffwithguru" who has a detailed trip report that includes what seats to avoid, along with features of the seat.
Think of yourself as important so enjoy the entire experience. Check-in, Lounge, Priority boarding, cabin service and food, and the ambiance and comfort of the airplane.
Buy an inexpensive bag of candy (with individually wrapped pieces for safe handling) to present to the F/A when you are greeted at your seat. That small gesture of kindness will pay huge dividends on your travel experience.
Enjoy the flight and have a great trip!
P.S. It might spoil you so be prepared to not be excited at your next Y class journey!

stlgph

Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:31 pm

It appears by the seat map that some rows the seat is closer to the aisle than the console and vice versa. I definitely prefer my seat being closer to the window and off of the aisle. That way when the attendant brings you something you can have it set right there on the console or put your glass there and have it refilled rather than reaching across you each time. Being "buried" back in there might create a little more for you to "climb" over to get out of your seat if you need to use the lav, but it's all manageable.

Be sure to to go to images.google.com and type in Vistara 787 business class and see what you see.

A review here might help you-
https://onemileatatime.com/vistara-787/

Enjoy.

eastafspot

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:20 pm

MPadhi wrote:

I'm about to take my first ever (and probably last) flight in business class

This and

PI4EVR wrote:
P.S. It might spoil you so be prepared to not be excited at your next Y class journey!

This are so true :smile:

LBA1432

Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:03 am

PI4EVR wrote:
Refer to Google and Images. Type in Vistara Airlines 787 Business Class to review the type of seat and cabin layout.

As well as this I find youtube a handy tool too, see if there are any vlogs or video reviews!

MPadhi
Topic Author

Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:05 pm

Thanks all for the tips - the fly with guru was particularly insightful in picking the ideal seat.

I'm not sure I can go back to flying in Economy again :'(

GalaxyFlyer

Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:23 pm

“Life is Short, Write the Check”, says a friend.