Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LGAviation
Topic Author

Queues at ARN

Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:48 am

I am currently booked on a DL ARN-JFK sector in a few weeks. As ARN has (apparently) experienced some of the worst queues in Europe earlier this month and last month, I am wondering what to expect and how early it would be sensible to arrive (regular queue, no priority whatsoever with DL, need to check bags). While there is plenty of anecdotal and social media evidence of the continued occurrence of long queues at ARN, the airport webpage display of security queues seems to indicated that operations have largely returned to normal (at least in the relevant 8a-12p time window). Would be grateful if anyone who has recently passed through ARN and/or is familiar with the airport, could shed some light and explain what's sensationalist media coverage and what's actually to be expected.

PatrickZ80

Re: Queues at ARN

Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:27 am

I wouldn't call them the worst queues in Europe. There are queues indeed, but compared to other airports it's quite reasonable in Stockholm. Depending on the time of the day, the queue can be anywhere between 10 minutes and an hour. Temporary security staff has been hired for the summer season. On top of that, terminal 4, which was closed during COVID-19, has reopened to create extra capacity.

Normally you need to be at the airport 3 hours before a long haul flight. If you add an hour for security and are at the airport 4 hours before departure, you shouldn't have any problems.

LGAviation
Topic Author

Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:43 pm

Thank you, This is helpful.

Judging by the reports of the situation in AMS and various UK airports, I wouldn't call them the worst in Europe. Just very different from ARN's stellar performances when I visited/transited before.

Thunderboltdrgn

Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:38 am

PatrickZ80 wrote:
I wouldn't call them the worst queues in Europe. There are queues indeed, but compared to other airports it's quite reasonable in Stockholm. Depending on the time of the day, the queue can be anywhere between 10 minutes and an hour. Temporary security staff has been hired for the summer season. On top of that, terminal 4, which was closed during COVID-19, has reopened to create extra capacity.

Normally you need to be at the airport 3 hours before a long haul flight. If you add an hour for security and are at the airport 4 hours before departure, you shouldn't have any problems.

Not possible, passengers are currently not allowed to arrive earlier then 3 hours before their flight at ARN.

Efter att Swedavia natten mot lördagen införde att resenärer som kommer mer än tre timmar före avgång hänvisas
till särskilda väntrum utanför terminalen blev köerna kortare, uppger Swedavia.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/stock ... pa-arlanda