Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

eta unknown
Topic Author

Biman to Buenos Aires

Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:33 pm

Thinking both inside and outside the trapezoid, what's the chance Biman could launch a 787 flight Dhaka - Buenos Aires. Optional stop in Nouakchott for Air Mauretania west African connection traffic. Initially once weekly. I think the route would be awesome- what are your thoughts?!?

TWA772LR

Re: Biman to Buenos Aires

Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:50 pm

I don't see any economic reason to do so. LOS, LAD, ACC, JNB, CPT would be infinitely better options for a tech stop.

But I'm not opposed to it!

Joblues

Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:55 am

eta unknown wrote:
Thinking both inside and outside the trapezoid, what's the chance Biman could launch a 787 flight Dhaka - Buenos Aires. Optional stop in Nouakchott for Air Mauretania west African connection traffic. Initially once weekly. I think the route would be awesome- what are your thoughts?!?

I love it! Someone on this planet is actually thinking beyound the square!
It think it's best served through JFK. The EZE routing is going to be thin from Dhaka, but Dhaka-JFK will be full due to Bangladeshi population in N.Y catchment area. From JFK, there will be quite alot of passengers heading to EZE. If 5th Freedom is offered- better still!
https://www.greatcirclemap.com/?routes=dac-jfk-eze

Alternative is from IAD airport, however does anyone know if there's enough Bangladeshi in Virginia/Maryland catchment areas? How about Argentinian population in the VA/MY catchment areas?
https://www.greatcirclemap.com/?routes=dac-iad-eze

Another good option is also from Toronto. Biman is already serving Toronto, so adding EZE is doable- maybe on a 787 as oppose to B773 frame.
https://www.greatcirclemap.com/?routes=dac-yyz-eze

I can see the reasoning behind NKC- shorter routing but as the above post mentioned, not enough of passengers warrant this routing. If flying from North America, you can fly to EZE at least 3x weekly.

usdcaguy

Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:50 am

eta unknown wrote:

Is there even a market between the two cities? And do you think people from NKC are solvent enough to take vacations to EZE? Seems like demand from those places would fit on an ice cream cone.

Coal

Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:53 am

Malaysia Airlines used to fly KUL to EZE via either JNB or CPT (can't remember) on a 744. It was a vanity group as I remember the CEO or the PM at the time had a property in Argentina.

davidjohnson6

Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:23 am

I do not believe that the opening poster of the topic intended this to be serious discussion. I think it was more a satirical comment about another poster asking lots of questions in a very short time about some extremely unlikely long haul routes

Kiwiandrew

Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:07 am

Coal wrote:
Malaysia Airlines used to fly KUL to EZE via either JNB or CPT (can't remember) on a 744. It was a vanity group as I remember the CEO or the PM at the time had a property in Argentina.

It was actually through both JNB and CPT which made an already absurd route even more ridiculous.

eta unknown
Topic Author

Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:53 pm

davidjohnson6 wrote:
I do not believe that the opening poster of the topic intended this to be serious discussion. I think it was more a satirical comment about another poster asking lots of questions in a very short time about some extremely unlikely long haul routes

David you are 100% correct! I think the other posts have mysteriously been deleted.

n729pa

Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:01 pm

Maybe a stop in Senegal .....
Now boarding at gate B12 is flight BG551 for Dakar and Dhaka