Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

N62NA
Topic Author

Dinner on LAX/SFO-JFK/MIA Red-Eye Flights!

Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:39 pm

I'm booked in a few weeks on an AA red-eye flight LAX-MIA that leaves LAX at 11:20pm and the meal offerings in J (and F) are a full dinner, as one would expect on flights departing during, well, dinner hours and NOT close to midnight on this route. I checked and the AA red-eye flights to JFK are serving the same dinner as well.

To me, it seems like a nice snack after takeoff and a full breakfast offering 75 minutes before landing would be more appropriate.

Do DL and UA also offer "dinner" on their transcon red-eye flights in J?

880dc8707

Re: Dinner on LAX/SFO-JFK/MIA Red-Eye Flights!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:31 am

Flew AA in F SEA - PHL last October. Don't remember exact times but about 11p. We got nothing. They had drink service after take-off and did not even serve coffee prior to arrival. Our outbound at dinner time, we were served a horrible dried out some kind of sandwich.
This was in full fare F. Never again on AA

880dc8707

Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:00 pm

RE Above NO club access either - it does state that in fine print, but an F transcon???

zrs70

Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:06 pm

880dc8707 wrote:

Should people in full fare F be served something different than those on discount tickets or upgrades?

zrs70

Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:07 pm

880dc8707 wrote:
RE Above NO club access either - it does state that in fine print, but an F transcon???

I think Alaska is the only US carrier that allows club access for those in paid F. DL/UA/AA do so only on premium transcend flights.

IAHFLYR

Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:23 pm

zrs70 wrote:
880dc8707 wrote:

Should people in full fare F be served something different than those on discount tickets or upgrades?

Absolutely not. Regardless if I bought a discounted F fare or upgraded, everyone should and usually does get the same offerings though they might not have the exact meal you'd prefer depending on how they take the orders.

IAHFLYR

Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:26 pm

zrs70 wrote:
880dc8707 wrote:

I think Alaska is the only US carrier that allows club access for those in paid F. DL/UA/AA do so only on premium transcend flights.

Yep, AS does allow access to the club. UA does if you have one of their credit cards as I'm fairly sure AA and DL as well with some restrictions I'd guess.. We just went through ATL this week on DL and enjoyed 90 minutes or so in the Concourse F Sky Club courtesy of a regular old AMEX Platinum card and pretty sure all you need is the card and same day boarding pass, though we were in F all four legs.