Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

lollyj
Topic Author

Worldwide by Easyjet at AMS

Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:42 am

Just wanted to check if anyone has done a worldwide by Easyjet protected connection at AMS? I've got a trip to Croatia with some friends coming up in September (flights booked back in Feb before the chaos was known) and we have a 3 hour connection in AMS booked through the worldwide service which protects the connection though we have to pick up our bags and re-check them in - has anyone done this before? Just a bit nervous with all the news about the huge queues at AMS...

davidjohnson6

Re: Worldwide by Easyjet at AMS

Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:18 am

What day of the week are you flying ? Tues, Wed, Thurs might be ok... but I would not risk collecting and re-checking bags at AMS and clearing security with a 3 hour connection on any other day of the week. If you are flying from non-Schengen to AMS (eg from the UK) you need to clear immigration on arrival at AMS to reach landside checkin desks. Croatia is currently not in Schengen so you also need to clear passport control in AMS to exit Schengen when travelling from Schiphol landside to Croatia

I very much doubt easyJet Worldwide covers the risk of queues at an airport on the scale of AMS this year - it's meant to be about a first flight being delayed, not airport security chaos. I strongly recommend flying with just cabin bags and nothing in the hold... even if you have already paid for baggage. Or, try changing one or both of your flights to give yourself more time at AMS

davidjohnson6

Re: Worldwide by Easyjet at AMS

Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:30 am

Have a look also at this web page, and try entering a date close to when you will travel, or at least the same day of the week
https://www.schiphol.nl/en/my-travel-day/today