Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

bwalker628
Topic Author

Global Crossing Airlines/Global X

Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:39 pm

I need some help learning about this company. Are they legit? reputable? most importantly safe? I've heard they are hiring captains with low hours and the comp plan is low. Also hear no union which could impact safety. Trying to figure out how they attract talented pilots. Anybody traveled with them recently? TIA!

GalaxyFlyer

Re: Global Crossing Airlines/Global X

Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:19 pm

I have a rule to never fly on unknown airlines. Website just said charters, I’d look elsewhere, if if it was a $5 fare to Australia.

airportugal310

Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:47 pm

They do a few sports charters from time to time into Long Beach. Nice enough looking used A320's. Based out of Miami I think...

davidjohnson6

Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:37 pm

They were hired by TUI in the Netherlands for July and August to take people from Amsterdam to the Mediterranean beach. Only problem was TUI made a bit of a mess of the paperwork...

The fact that TUI chose them suggests Global X are probably ok

classicjets

Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:23 am

They were operating transcons out of SFO for Breeze earlier this year. Their leadership was involved with Canada Jetlines before moving to Miami, if I remember correctly. As an FAA-certificated Part 121 operator I wouldn't have any problem flying on them, can't speak to their employee compensation though.

SoCalPilot

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:05 pm

bwalker628 wrote:
I need some help learning about this company. Are they legit? reputable? most importantly safe? I've heard they are hiring captains with low hours and the comp plan is low. Also hear no union which could impact safety. Trying to figure out how they attract talented pilots. Anybody traveled with them recently? TIA!

If not having a union means that they aren't safe then hopefully you don't fly on United Express, American Eagle, or some Alaska flights as Skywest flies regional flight for them and doesn't have a union.

They're a Part 121 airline so they have to meet the same hiring and upgrade requirements as every other US airline.

Bottom line: Yes, they're safe. I believe they do a lot of sports charters but I could be mistaken.