1. What year was your first ever flight? 1993
2. What airline was it? Delta
3. To where? LGA
4. By flight number, what is your best flight experience? CO622 MSY
6/13/04- on 757-300, the 9th and final 753 delivered to Continental. The flight was 8 hours delayed due to storms in Houston, but the flight crew and gate agents made the time fly, including turning the plane into a movie theater, while offering the Continental passengers (4 delayed flights) free pizza, chips and burgers etc. We could board/deplane as often as we liked so long as we always had our boarding passes. And the flight attendants on that flight were Continental's finest I'm sure- never have I received such warm, personal attention. During the delay, the flight crew of 5 made, and succeeded with, a strong effort to learn every passengers name. Between the 5 of them, we were adressed by name by the 3rd hour of the delay. We played games (you could win $25 CO
vouchers!), watched movies, ate and drank- and the 8 hours passed by so quickly. It was the absolute BEST flight experience I have ever had. And the 50 minute flight was 90 due to weather en-route- and they still managed 2 drink services on the 100% full 757-300. The Delta Airlines passengers waiting to go to Atlanta, who were delayed by 6 hours, looked on enviously as the Continental passengers really enjoyed all the services offered by Continental.
5. Your worse experience? SunJet- both flights I was on. Just horrible. Delayed out the wazoo (26 hours EWR
, 14 FLL
) due to lack of equipment- both times ended up getting TMA planes, which were leased from TransAer, and those crews were very nice. The SunJet employees couldnt have given less of a damn. Horrible.
6. What part of a flight do you like best? Final approach
7. Have you flown jump seat? Ive flown in the copilots seat on a Twin Otter in Alaska during the entire 33 minute flight if that counts
8. Have you flown a light aircraft (even a ‘trial’ flight) Me personally fly it? No.
9. Have you flown a commercial Airliner? – if so, what a/c’s No.
10. Have you flown in a sim? – if so what a/c’s Nope
11. What’s the highest you have ever flown – and on what flight? FL430 IAH
B777 Ship 008 CO50
12. Have you done the mile high club? – if so what flight# to where? Nope
13. What is you most favourite airliner? Hard to choose. The A320 family ties the 757-200.
14. Your second favourite? 767-400
15. What airliner do you dislike, and why? (can leave blank if you wish) Not a fan of first generation 737s (100-500 series). Just never liked them, no real reason why. Don't care for the A300/A310s either.
16. What is your favourite airline? Continental, Northwest and jetBlue tie for first.
17. What is your favourite airport? AUS
18. Who do you most admire in commercial aviation? David Neeleman
19. If you wanted to work in commercial aviation, what would it be? Upper management with a major airline
20. How may times have you flown as rev pax this year so far? 16 segments so far
21. How many times will you fly as rev pax this year? I have 3 more segments booked, and will probably be adding another 6, depending on how things balance out for my CO
22. What was your most recent flight? CO1983 YYC
connecting to CO50 IAH
23. Have you chatted up an F/A? Ive chatted WITH an F/A. What exactly is chatting up?
24. Did you get a date? Ah. In that case, no...
25. Did you get more than just a date? No
26. A v B wars: whose side are you on, and why? Neither.
27. If you could change anything about airlines in general, what would it be? Free Elite-for-Life for people whose name is Ben Kaufman
28. If you could change anything about airplanes, what would it be? IFE can be nice, but on the longest flights, its STILL a long boring flight. Allow for technology thatd make planes even faster.
29. If you could change anything about airports, what would it be? More things to do for long layovers and delays.
30. If you offered a free flying lesson in any commercial airliner of your choice, what airliner would it be? And why? Dont know. I could easily be happy with any of 5 or 6 choices.
31. What the most embarrassing thing you have ever done in commercial aviation? Tripped onto an airplane when I misjudged the gap between the jetway and the boarding door- it was amusing to everyone in first class