Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BigGSFO
Topic Author

Air Canada Y-class Inflight Service

Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:22 am

Question: I am flying AC LAX-YYZ in October, Y-class. What can I expect on board? IFE? Buy-on-board or a meal?

Thanks!

chrisa330

RE: Air Canada Y-class Inflight Service

Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:27 am

Still one of the few North American routes that AC flies that gets a meal.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...board/dining/na/complimentary.html

IFE will be a movie and short features. The narrowbody fleet cabin refurbishment won't have begun yet - so no PTVs.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...board/entertainment/enroutetv.html

yyz717

Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:59 am

AC's inflight service is excellent in all classes.

Your biggest beef might simply be the odd indifferent FA with an attitude problem.
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

zkeoj

Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:33 am

I did YYZ-LAX and YYZ-SFO - the former was an excellent flight, and the latter mediocre. As you might have seen in quite a few threads already, AC always seems to be a hit or miss - some excellent flights, and some not so great ones.
However, I appreciate the meal service on the YYZ-LAX/SFO run, and I never really had unfriendly crew members. On both routes they usually use A319/320, and at least the 319s are usually in pretty good shape. If you get a 767 it can be old and grubby, worn seats, etc.

Have a good flight - AC is no problem at all!
micha

aircanl1011

Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:31 am

Quoting ZKEOJ (Reply 3):
If you get a 767 it can be old and grubby, worn seats, etc.

I have found the AC B767's interiors to be well looked after and I have never seen a grubby or worn seat.

Mind you I did get a seat an a B763 to LHR that was not wired up to the entertainment system so I couldn't hear the movies. Other than that they were fine.

The F/A's are great if you like the mature kind of women

You will have a nice flight
CYMRU AM BYTH / WALES FOREVER

zkeoj

Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:02 pm

Quoting AIRCANL1011 (Reply 4):
I have found the AC B767's interiors to be well looked after and I have never seen a grubby or worn seat.

I did YVR-YYZ last year in August, and that B767 had the dirtiest interior I have ever seen on an aircraft (except OA maybe...). There was lots of garbage on the floor at the window row, seats were VERY worn and thus uncomfortable, tray tables were not clean, air condition didn't work and it was not warm but HOT (they apologised for that, and I appreciate that this can happen anywhere), etc. It was one of the most unpleasant flights I had.

But again, it's not trashing AC, because I had really great flights with AC as well - especially on the good old L1011 and more recently on the A319s...

Cheers
micha

westjet_8

Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:49 am

There domestic A320 series planes are quite comfortable, but I found there 767 service terrible. I flew 767's between YYZ and FCO and both legs they were worn, the flight out no IFE, so I would recomend avoiding the 767's but the staff does seem to be friendly.
Canadian. RIP 1999

ExPedia

Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:16 am

Agree on all comments re: spottiness here, though in fairness across the board AC's inflight service is still the most extensive of any N. American carrier today. Free headsets, movies, meals on more flights - you don't see that anymore. And their J product - especially International, where they call it Super J (no F) - is very good. As long as you get cabin crew who are better than surly, which, sadly, often you do not.
-- ExPedia