Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Aman777
Topic Author

Airlines With Attractive Flight Attendants

Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:50 am

I have not flown on many different airplanes, but the few that I have, did not seem to have very attractive flight attendants, after all, that’s one of the factors I consider when purchasing a flight ticket. Its nice to have a great service, but that same service with an attractive lady just tops it off.

So which airline(s) around the world are renown to have good looking flight attendants?

F27XXX

RE: Airlines With Attractive Flight Attendants

Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:54 am

Quoting Aman777 (Thread starter):
attractive flight attendants, after all, that’s one of the factors I consider when purchasing a flight ticket

One word .. MORON.
I'M BAAAAAAAACK!

squared

SQ, CX, MH, TG are the notable Asian carriers 'known' for the attractiveness of their FAs. In fact, many Asian carriers rely on that image for marketing purposes. Case in point: SQ. Its marketing relies heavily on the iconic Singapore Girl.

SQuared

B744F

, that’s one of the factors I consider when purchasing a flight ticket.

Makes no sense to me, airplanes aren't strip clubs

uniuniunium

Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:56 am

Quoting B744F (Reply 3):
Makes no sense to me, airplanes aren't strip clubs

*cough*Hooters Air*cough*

OOer

Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:59 am

Ok....why moron? Everyone has its preferences...nothing wrong with that!!!!! I always love to see an attractive flight attendant on board!!!! In the US I believe that the regionals have the best looking flight attendants because most of them are very new and very young!!!!

MarshalN

Quoting Uniuniunium (Reply 4):

Good point!

F27XXX

UH huh huh huh huh ... whoa . .. Beavis did you hear that? Hooters Air .. UH huh huh huh huh he said hooters ..
I'M BAAAAAAAACK!

CTHEWORLD

Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:02 pm

How about hot guy attendants?

Frontiercpt

Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:07 pm

Lol, CTHEWORLD, I have yet to see one...I am looking forward to the day when that happens, lol.  Big grin
Oliver

Indy

Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:13 pm

Im still hunting high and low for Bikini Airways  Smile
IND to RDU to OKC in 18 months. This is what my life has become.

BDKLEZ

Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:19 pm

Personally I've always found the VS and the KL girls quite hot!
Trespassers will be shot; survivors will be shot again!

jetdeltamsy

Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:33 pm

So which airline(s) around the world are renown to have good looking flight attendants?

And which airlines have butt-ugly flight attendants?

What a question.
Tired of airline bankruptcies....EA/PA/TW and finally DL.

roseflyer

Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:37 pm

The only airline in the world that truly relies on the attractiveness of cabin staff is of course Hooter's Air. But I have flown them before and although you have two nice little Hooter's girls playing games during the flight you are actually served by a lumbering granny employed by Pace Airlines.

Overall go to Asia if you want young women. The majors in North America have not hired anyone recently for the most part, so it seems like everyone is getting old. If you want young, go to a regional or an LCC that is actually hiring people, but attractiveness isn't really what describes most flight attendants. If you want to see attractive people and lots of them, go to Southern California, particularly around Santa Monica or Westwood in LA and you will see good looking people. Just don't expect it on a plane.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

exFATboy

Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:41 pm

Quoting Uniuniunium (Reply 4):

Well, the Hooters Girls aren't actually FAs, they're there in addition to the professonal FAs.

Having said that, while I've never actually factored FA attractiveness into my buying decisions, I've recently spotted very cute FAs on both JetBlue and Delta.

Quoting CTHEWORLD (Reply 8):

Well, on a JetBlue flight to Vegas back in July, the two cute girls seated next to me were discussing exactly how much they would like to join the "Mile High Club" with the male FA on the flight. So it does work both ways.

supa7E7

Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:55 pm

Saw a Korean Air full crew standing around at NRT.

wow - mmkay?  yes 
"Who's to say spaceships aren't fine art?" - Phil Lesh

jetdeltamsy

Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:09 pm

Quoting RoseFlyer (Reply 13):
The only airline in the world that truly relies on the attractiveness of cabin staff is of course Hooter's Air.

Airlines throughout the world rely on looks when hiring flight attendants. Looks are, of course, subjective. Everybody is attractive to somebody. Looks are very important at just about every airline in the world.
Tired of airline bankruptcies....EA/PA/TW and finally DL.

RogerThat

Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:26 pm

PSA in the 1960s and 1970s had the hottest stewardess wearing orange and pink hot pants. Do you think these gals are still flying for USAir? I pray for a retro uniform.

Delta has always had classy ladies in the F/A ranks, a trait I consider attractive.

bakestar

Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:12 pm

Virgin Blue has great hosties! A few graced the pages of FHM or Ralph magazine a year or so back, very nice.

However with the age discrimination case won against them, things might change.
fly'nhi

USF100FAN

Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:30 pm

My vote goes to SONG

F27XXX

Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:43 pm

Quoting ExFATboy (Reply 14):
Well, on a JetBlue flight to Vegas back in July, the two cute girls seated next to me were discussing exactly how much they would like to join the "Mile High Club" with the male FA on the flight. So it does work both ways.

There's nothing more pathetic (and funny! )than watching straight girls get all hot over a guy who'd probably sooner dive face first into the lav!

Male F/A ... helllllooooooooooooooo!

Tony  cheeky 
I'M BAAAAAAAACK!

StarCruiser

Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:06 pm

In the old days there were strict height and weight requirements for those then called stewardesses. IIRC they also had to be single and the interviewer had to find them very attractive. With the rise of the women's movement companies began to realize how blatantly sexist their policies were and changed them. A few years later male flight attendants also were allowed by airlines fearing sex discrimination lawsuits. I think that's great.

In any event, the F/As are there for safety, not to put on a show. They serve us beverages and snacks to keep us in our seats for our safety. We are now instructed to keep our seatbelts fastened at all times unless headed to the lav. Such was not the case back in the 1950s and 60s when pax would freely roam around or even sit in the lounge. Yes, youngsters, there were lounges on aircraft.

AsstChiefMark

Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:23 pm

very attractive flight attendants, after all, that’s one of the factors I consider when purchasing a flight ticket

Did you somehow materialize here from a previous generation? People don't buy airline tickets for an eye candy show. That's what strip clubs are for.

Geez. What a sexist pig comment.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

aloha73g

Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:24 pm

Aloha and Hawaiian.....Island Beauties my friends  Smile

Inclde all the other Pacific Island airlines on the list too....Air Tahiti Nui, Air Pacific, etc.....I've just never flown them myself.

Aloha!
Aloha Airlines - The Spirit Moves Us. Gone but NEVER Forgotten. Aloha, A Hui Hou!

bjornstrom

Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:36 pm

I have flown a bit with CX and TG - not many hotties there. SQ is the answer.
Eurobonus Gold | Hyr Apple Mac iPhone | Frequent Flyer | Leasing expert

SLUAviator

Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:44 pm

Quoting RoseFlyer (Reply 13):
The only airline in the world that truly relies on the attractiveness of cabin staff is of course Hooter's Air.

NOT TRUE!!! Can you say Skywest Airlines?
What do I know? I just fly 'em.......

zeekiel

Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:46 pm

Quoting Bakestar (Reply 18):
Virgin Blue has great hosties! A few graced the pages of FHM or Ralph magazine a year or so back, very nice.

Give me a hell yeah!

I still have that FHM magazine with Virgin Girls and they are stunning. It must have been good publicity for the airline in a magazine like that.  Smile

I am flying with them between Sydney and Melbourne in the first week of next year, so we'll see how they are doing.

Cheers

Zeekiel
Bring back the New Zealand Air Combat Force

SQ2

Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:57 pm

u can call me a pervert but i don't mind
SQ rank#1 to me, then i think asiana, ana, japan airlines, cathay pacific, china airlines, they are the best, well, some of the fa in dragonair, air china, eva, korean air, malaysia and thai they are pretty attrative. maybe because they are young and their airlines are too picky or standard are too high
SQ always my 1st choice

sfotraveler

Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:59 pm

Yeah we all appreciate young hotties but this thread seens a little offensive. Honestly, every great flight I can think of has been with a very senior crew...don't care what they look like - friendly conversation and competent attentive service to me is way more important.

PIA777

Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:16 pm

Quoting SQuared (Reply 2):
SQ, CX, MH, TG are the notable Asian carriers 'known' for the attractiveness of their FAs. In fact, many Asian carriers rely on that image for marketing purposes. Case in point: SQ. Its marketing relies heavily on the iconic Singapore Girl.

I agree. I was walking into YVR last April and the Japan Airlines Flight
crew was walking out followed by the Chinese Airlines FAs, they were
all good looking.

PIA777
GO CUBS!!

ricardofg

Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:27 pm

hands down...AIR PLUS COMET!!! never seen so many ramp guys standing on the jetway when they were at YYZ

CrazyHorse

Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:50 pm

On my last QF flight from BNE to SIN there were some really attractive FA´s on board.
In my opinion it is not important if an FA looking attractive or not, it is important if an FA making good service and is frindly to the pax.

loisencroach

Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:00 pm

Quoting Jetdeltamsy (Reply 12):
And which airlines have butt-ugly flight attendants?

Hands down....Alaska Airlines. I think they put them on the SEA-ANC legs just to make it longer.

I would have to agree that your best bet is with an Asian carrier. I haven't experienced that kind of service in the air since 1996.

Do I think this topic is sexist? Yes...in the same regard that women drool over Firemen..those lucky bastards.

[Edited 2005-11-02 09:10:35]

SQ2

Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:19 pm

actually, customer serivice is more important than the look, but asian airlines, they want both
SQ always my 1st choice

EurostarVA

Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:42 pm

Middle East Airlines (MEA), IBERIA, Lufthansa

Air Berlin, Turkish Airlines, Emirates!
If there is a will, there is a way

Fly-K

Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:47 pm

Check this out:
http://www.flykingfisher.com/airhostess.htm

The 1960s are still alive at Kingfisher!

"A wonderful stewardess... a hot supermodel...

What would you like to be? Well, how about both?

So, what's the plan?

The Kingfisher 'Flying Models' hunt is a super hot opportunity where Mumbai's finest and hottest women will be selected from thousands of aspirants by our panel of expert judges. Those beautiful women who are selected will go on to become the 'Flying Models'.

Why are they called the 'Flying Models'?

That's because these beautiful women will also be trained and groomed by some of the best known names in fashion and will be a part of Face 1 - Kingfisher's national modelling agency. Which means that not only do they have an exciting job flying with Kingfisher Airlines, but they also get a readymade launch pad to boost their modelling career. Now, that's doing two things one loves and getting paid for it as well!

OK, so how do you take part?

You need to be
single and between 20-25 years of age
a warm, caring and congenial personality
fluent in English
between 5'5" - 5'10" in height
a resident of Mumbai
somewhat conversant in any Indian language"
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been...

BAtriple7

Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:31 pm

Well I find SQ's ad campaigns to be really offensive. The whole, 'Singapore Girl, you're the only way to fly' etc. can only come out of a country which has some very 1950s attitudes about women! I often wonder.

AirbusA6

Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:51 pm

The Far Eastern carriers tend to have a more traditional attitude, in which being a flight attendant isn't a long term career, but rather something that young attractive girls do before getting married and 'settling down'. From internal Chinese flights, I sense that the job is considered quite glamorous, and a way out of humdrum normal life, which I guess is somewhat akin to the golden days of flight in the West in the 50s and 60s?
it's the bus to stansted (now renamed National Express a6 to ruin my username)

mika

Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:04 pm

Quoting Fly-K (Reply 35):
Check this out:
http://www.flykingfisher.com/airhostess.htm

The 1960s are still alive at Kingfisher!

"A wonderful stewardess... a hot supermodel...

What would you like to be? Well, how about both?

So, what's the plan?

The Kingfisher 'Flying Models' hunt is a super hot opportunity where Mumbai's finest and hottest women will be selected from thousands of aspirants by our panel of expert judges. Those beautiful women who are selected will go on to become the 'Flying Models'.

Why are they called the 'Flying Models'?

That's because these beautiful women will also be trained and groomed by some of the best known names in fashion and will be a part of Face 1 - Kingfisher's national modelling agency. Which means that not only do they have an exciting job flying with Kingfisher Airlines, but they also get a readymade launch pad to boost their modelling career. Now, that's doing two things one loves and getting paid for it as well!

OK, so how do you take part?

You need to be
single and between 20-25 years of age
a warm, caring and congenial personality
fluent in English
between 5'5" - 5'10" in height
a resident of Mumbai
somewhat conversant in any Indian language"

Even though i do think that it is borderline offensive and a little tasteless to openly say that you would like a hot stewardess on your flight so much that you go out of your way to get it...i got to say big thumbs up for Kingfisher!  bigthumbsup  bigthumbsup  bigthumbsup 

I like what i see but i don't like to admit it or to speak of it in the open  Smile It's just a question of class.

LPLAspotter

Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:24 pm

I think this one spells well for SQ. My mouth dropped the few times I flew them.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Andrew Hunt - AirTeamImages

Nuke the Gay Wales for Christ

Koenie

Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:33 pm

most ugly girl FA's I've seen: Iberia but for the girlies among us.. you can sometimes have real nice male FA's

Most beautifull girlies: Air Baltic

FOMEA

Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:39 pm

From what i could see,
MEA, TK, VS .

Regards
F-OMEA

[Edited 2005-11-02 12:41:21]
On the internet you can be anything you want..its strange so many choose to be Stupid.

Glareskin

Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:48 pm

TK, EK, SQ, some of the Lauda girls too.

Quoting F27XXX (Reply 1):
One word .. MORON.

Maybe you two better find a gay airline!  yuck 
There's still a long way to go before all the alliances deserve a star...

AirbusA6

Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:44 pm

Quoting Glareskin (Reply 42):
Maybe you two better find a gay airline!

Not a gay airline, but it was noticeable that the BA flights to SF and EWR/JFK I've been on did seem to have a higher than average percentage of male attendants...I'd guess many of them were gay, they were also some of the best attendants I've been served by....(difficult choice between them and attractive, but less friendly young females, it depends on your mood that day!)
it's the bus to stansted (now renamed National Express a6 to ruin my username)

kgfive

Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:57 am

For what it's worth my views are as long as the representative of the Airline, no matter whether Male or Female, performs their job in a professional and dedicated manner who gives a monkeys what they look like. Customer service is #1 for me every time oh and lower fares too.....but we are human and each to their own.
fill the skies

supa7E7

Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:37 am

Quoting AirbusA6 (Reply 37):
From internal Chinese flights, I sense that the job is considered quite glamorous, and a way out of humdrum normal life, which I guess is somewhat akin to the golden days of flight in the West in the 50s and 60s?

That's pretty astute. Chinese are going through a period when everybody dreams of flying and only 1% of the population can afford it. Much like the West in the 50s-60s. So yes the FAs look glamorous because they ARE glamorous! It's not easy to get such a job!

Heck, a young airport employee in PVG treated me so fine, I just about asked her out-- she was a pretty sophisticated girl and way too good looking -- she'd be working in an investment bank in the USA. In that respect countries can be so different - the people on the front lines and their lot in life. Always changing, too.
"Who's to say spaceships aren't fine art?" - Phil Lesh

kingsford

Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:44 am

Hot male FA's on LH and BA
Hot male manly FA's on QF

SWA TPA

Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:22 am

Wow! I am surprised nobody has mentioned Southwest (WN) yet as far as a US carrier goes! We have our fair share of beautiful girls and some damn hot guys as flight attendants too!
Anybody here old enough to actually remember our orange hot pants and lace up thigh high white boots? I was born a year after WN started flying so I don't remember them. Only pictures to serve as a reference. In headquarters they have a hall that is lined with many mannequins wearing the various uniforms we have had over the years. That orange hot pants one was something to behold!
I can only imagine what those HOU-DAL flights were like! Especially when they were giving away the free liter of Wild Turkey when they were competing with Braniff! LOL! (I hope I have the Wild Turkey story straight)

SWA TPA
I believe I can fly.....

i530j

Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:14 am

Hooters Air is the way to go
"I love you, I love the kids..." then the phone went dead.

jumpseatflyer

Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:19 pm

LUFTHANSA. Her name was Melanie... she read the safety card to me in German. She was beautiful. I was so turned on...

US Carriers? Forget it. The pilots are better looking. Yes, they are usually men, and I am a straight man. The pilots are still better looking.