Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jumbojim747
Topic Author

Your Favourite Stewardess

Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:18 pm

Hey i want to ask people out there who are their favourite stewardess in regards to their dress and friendliness and so fourth.
Mine is GULF air.
For looks and beauty and friendly attitude
Cheers
On a wing and a prayer

767-332ER

RE: Your Favourite Stewardess

Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:19 pm

Stewardesses were before my time. I have grown up with flight attendants  bigmouth 

I would have to say for friendliness, Delta Air Lines'.
For looks...SAS, Icelandair...Asiana.
Twinjets...if one fails, work the other one twice as hard!!!

ANCFlyer

Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:31 pm

My favorite F/A worked for UA. She was Seattle Based, pretty senior, and used to make the SEA/IAD flights a lot. Her name was Mary. That was 12 years ago when I was commuting from ANC-SEA-IAD about every month.

In fact, during the Christmas Holiday season in 1995, while traveling through ORD, my wife and I bumped in to Mary having just checked in for ANC. She told me she was doing a quick turn to ORD so she could be back in SEA for Christmas day. And she was kind enough to have the gate agent upgrade us for the flight. That was pretty damned nice.

As a group, I appreciated most of the US F/As. I know that some of their terrific attention was because I ws US Chairman's Preferred, but not all of it could be a put up job.

Something I always remembered - "please" and "thank you". That will work wonders with the cabin crew. Don't forget the little gift around Christmas . . . that also made friends of the cabin crew.

[Edited 2006-04-16 14:33:09]
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

airbus3801

Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:23 am

I think the best FA uniform is BA's and I appreciated it much more after I just got back yesterday from Belfast on them to PHX via LHR. They have been the most courteous up there with CO, but so many US airlines have awful uniforms.

September11

Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:21 am

TWA flight attendants

Let's go back to early to mid 1980s ... They are old school stuff. Old fashioned. Their uniform rather look heavy. I remember some of the flight attendants wore white or red flowers on their uniform. They polish their black boots or shoes. They had high facial grooming (including hair) standards.
Airliners.net of the Future

Door5Right

Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:03 am

BCAL in the past.

SQ now!
My soul is in the sky...

cedars747

Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:39 am

Aerolineas Argentinas
Gente que quiere a la gente

Alex!!!

[Edited 2006-04-16 21:40:14]
Tengo una pasion por la aviacion /لدي شغف للطيران / I have a passion for aviation /Jeg har en lidenskap for luftfart/ J'ai une passion pour l'aviation.

Jeremy

Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:12 am

Wow, I have never seen the AR uniform. I like it!

I also like any of the Middle Eastern carriers like GF, EK, QR.

I also like the PK, AI, and UL uniforms.
You are now free to be sexually harassed and then terminated for filing a complaint--Southwest Airlines to me.

dc863

Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:15 am

My wife, who was a stew for SAS from 1969-1983.

AEROFAN

Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:33 am

The singapore girls get my vote, followed closely by Virgin Atlantic ladies
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison~

roadrunner165

Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:26 pm

I think Alaska Airlines has some of the friendliest flight attendants around. They are always cheerful and smiling.

Their customer service agents on the other hand leave a little to be desired.....

Adam

aerorobnz

Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:20 pm

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 6):
Aerolineas Argentinas

I'm sure I've met 2 of those FAs in that pic. My favourite is also one on AR..
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

N911ME

Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:56 pm

I was going to say something else, but the AR pic sold me (to the left and to the right).

FlyboyOz

Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:25 am

Well I have seen the most cabin crews are really nice and friendly -
Qantas, Air New Zealand, Alaska Airlines and United Airlines.
The Spirit of AustraliAN - Longreach

AlexPorter

Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:42 pm

Well the ones on DL have great accents, at least to/from ATL. As for service and/or looks, that is a harder call for me. It seems like most of my flights have been a mix of younger cute F/As and older, motherly F/As. The ones on F9 have had the best attitudes of the airlines I've flown (listed in my signature).
Last Flight: SCX701 MSP-PHX B738 8Jan2008

spottingpete93

Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:49 am

For me it has to be Lauda Air (LDA/NG) of Austria - Denim Jeans, waistcoats and Baseball caps - very casual but very stylish!!

Does anybody know if the merge into the AUA/OS fleet has caused Lauda to change thier uniform?

hoppe777

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:46 pm

Well this is tough, Its definately not Virgin Atlantic although Virgin Blue in Australia is fantastic. Gulf air is well recommended but i would have to say that the 2 best are Singapore Airlines and Emirates. They both make you feel as though you matter to them and are always, always friendly.

Hoppe777
Sometime in easter 10 .... yet to book :)

bhxforever

Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:10 pm

Definately AR, I hadn't seen them before I flew EZE-USH on them last year.

AsstChiefMark

Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:46 am

Quoting JumboJim747 (Thread starter):
favourite stewardess

Stewardess? Oh I remember those. I think they stopped using that term when I was a kid.

Excuse me. I have to grab some food from the icebox. Then I'm going to hitch up the team and drive the buggy into town and pick up some horseshoes at the blacksmith.

Mark

BTW...I've always liked the AA FA's...nice folks. They let me take photos onboard.

[Edited 2006-04-20 18:51:53]
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

Jeremy

Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:41 am

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 18):
Stewardess? Oh I remember those. I think they stopped using that term when I was a kid.

Only if you are politically correct, of which I am far from it.
You are now free to be sexually harassed and then terminated for filing a complaint--Southwest Airlines to me.

AsstChiefMark

Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:04 am

We don't say pilotrix. Or mechanicenne. Or dispatcherette. Or engineeress. Why stewardess?

I'm a nurse. I kindly correct people that call me a "male nurse." A nurse is a nurse regardless of gender. Maybe that's why I'm a little edgy about the use of obsolete gender-specific job titles in the 21st century.

BTW, don't get me started on "ambulance driver." That's for another time.  Wink

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

baguy

Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:06 pm

EK & BA have always been my favourite!

UAL#1fan

Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:35 am

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 20):
I'm a little edgy about the use of obsolete gender-specific job titles in the 21st century

Steward and stewardess. I don't see what's so damned offensive and sexist about that. There were two different terms. Screw political correctness. When I fly, I refer to the "flight attendants" as stewards/stewardesses.
United Air Lines -Mainliners Coast to Coast

GrinddalSK340

Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:50 am

My vote for most friendly and best dressed goes to SQ I have never experienced friendlier Crew and those Kimono looking Dresses are great..

for looks SK and RG :P
Travellin' First Class, golden roasted peanuts and Chardonay Yum the way to fly

Viper911

Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:58 am

sorry guys since im from russia we still use the term Stewardesse there, now as 767-300ER said nowadays we use the term Flight Attendants.
can someone tell me what is the difference between Stewardesses and FA?

swissgabe

Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:56 pm

Japan Airlines or ANA All Nippon. Actually the only two airlines I never had any unfriendly F/A.

Some good experiences on MH, SA, LX, SR, AY, CX, UL & QF.

Quoting GrinddalSK340 (Reply 23):
My vote for most friendly and best dressed goes to SQ I have never experienced friendlier Crew and those Kimono looking Dresses are great..

Kimono is Japanese and what SQ has is not a Kimono at all. It's rather something called Kabaya (or Sarong Kabaya) and it is typical Malay or Singaporean.
Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok

AsstChiefMark

Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:03 am

Quoting Viper911 (Reply 24):
can someone tell me what is the difference between Stewardesses and FA

Stewardess is a female term. Try calling a male flight attendant that and see what happens. Flight Attendant is a unisexual term and doesn't infer servitude...it's a more professional term.

I've heard male flight attendants say, "My name isn't Steward...it's ____ ."

Mark

GrinddalSK340

Mon May 01, 2006 5:07 am

Quoting Swissgabe (Reply 25):
Kimono is Japanese and what SQ has is not a Kimono at all. It's rather something called Kabaya (or Sarong Kabaya) and it is typical Malay or Singaporean

Note I wrote Kimono looking.. and thanks what do I know i'm european  Yeah sure  Silly
Travellin' First Class, golden roasted peanuts and Chardonay Yum the way to fly

deltagator

Mon May 01, 2006 1:25 pm

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 20):
We don't say pilotrix. Or mechanicenne. Or dispatcherette. Or engineeress. Why stewardess?

Because we also have stewards.

Quoting UAL#1fan (Reply 22):
Steward and stewardess. I don't see what's so damned offensive and sexist about that. There were two different terms. Screw political correctness. When I fly, I refer to the "flight attendants" as stewards/stewardesses.

Amen Brother! It's not like I stick my head out in the aisle and go "Excuse me stewardess. I think the man next to me is a doctor." like Barbara Billingsley in Airplane! Changing the name for the sake of changing the name is retarded. Just like in ATL we no longer have a city jail...we have a pre-trial detention center.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

crjflyer35

Mon May 01, 2006 8:31 pm

I've met two incredibly nice F/A's in my travels. Consequently, they were on my last trip. The first was Jen on UA from ICN-NRT. Not only was she extremely cute,(short blond hair...yeooww!! lol) but went the extra mile to ensure I had a nice flight. She even went so far as to ask the pilots if I could go up to the flightdeck and take some pictures, I ended up chatting with them for a good 20 minutes..good times.

The other F/A, I feel bad because I don't remember her name, was on AA from NRT to ORD. I feel her service went above and beyond, and not due to the fact I was in F class, but I felt she truly cared about my experience, and when she found I was military, showed a genuine interest, sat down for a good 45 minutes and chatted with me. In fact the whole flight crew was extremely nice (of course, they may be due to the fact I brought with me a box of Godiva chocolates for the entire flight crew for the holiday season { Wink}
Every member came back, or forward, to say thanks...it was nice.
Ok, wait for the RJ to pass, cleared to push tail south Mike, and you're cleared to spin #2 in the push.

Zkpilot

Thu May 04, 2006 7:43 pm

must say that QF have some hotties... pity that some of them are rude/don't give a damn. That said they have some excellent F/A's as well.
NZ has excellent F/A's (bout I'm bound to say that since I work for NZ and my flatmate is a F/A lol). LA has some serious talent going on there...
AC, AS can't really comment on as it was mostly older F/A's on their flights I went on and the service was just basic. SQ has good service their female F/A's have to fit in the onesizefitsall dress! TG is similar to SQ although I find them more relaxed and personal which I prefer to SQ's artificialness.

Yes its not about the looks, its about the service, but hey love the looks  Wink
64 types. 45 countries. 24 airlines.

Zone1

Fri May 05, 2006 2:57 am

My favorite F/A I've had was one who worked for UA named Anja-Maria. RoseFlyer and I were flying FRA-IAD on the upper deck right in the bulkhead row. She was quite hilarious and made jokes with us the entire time. It really made the flight my most memorable. We actually sent United an e-mail about how good she treated us on that flight. I posted a trip report up here, and she actually found it and read it. She found my blog in my profile and actually commented about the trip report. I thought it was pretty cool. You can read the trip report here: https://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/57350

In my experience, the nicest F/As overall have been DL's though. They always seem to be friendly no matter what is going on.
/// U N I T E D

PacNWjet

Fri May 05, 2006 4:28 am

Several years ago I flew United from Portland to Seattle. One of the flight attendants on the flight that day was one of the crew members who survived the United DC-10 crash in Sioux City, Iowa. The day I flew with her from Portland to Seattle was her first day back on the job after the accident! The PDX-SEA flight was sparsely populated that day, so we had a chance to chat. She told me amazing stories of heroism on the doomed Sioux City flight. I was in awe of her courage. It was like flying with an angel from heaven.

stirling

Fri May 05, 2006 12:46 pm

Air France.

Hands down.

Love those surly little French girls. Makes me almost wanna get slapped.
Delete this User

clintoncutty

Fri May 05, 2006 3:00 pm

Quoting Stirling (Reply 33):
Air France.

Hands down.

Love those surly little French girls. Makes me almost wanna get slapped.

took the words right out my mouth.... BA isnt too bad in their little skirts

LFutia

Sat May 06, 2006 11:43 am

Big version: Width: 1024 Height: 731 File size: 445kb

Leo

[Edited 2006-05-06 04:44:58]
Leo/ORD

LVZXV

Sat May 06, 2006 10:16 pm

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 28):
Amen Brother! It's not like I stick my head out in the aisle and go "Excuse me stewardess. I think the man next to me is a doctor." like Barbara Billingsley in Airplane! Changing the name for the sake of changing the name is retarded. Just like in ATL we no longer have a city jail...we have a pre-trial detention center.

Finally some common sense!! What really irritates me when someone I barely know or have just met walks off a plane and says "oh, X has such beautiful Flight Attendants!". On more than one occasion I agreed, only to discover the reference was being made to the males and not the females   .

I don't know where the term F/A came from, it's like "partner", deliberately designed to be genderless. "My partner is an F/A" isn't meant to suggest a thing, other than you are slightly embarrassed by your relationship.

Well, to plough through the PC jargon of the 21st century, my girlfriend is a stewardess who used to fly for BA. What's wrong with a little clarity from time to time? Life is complicated enough without burying word meanings deep beneath what is ultimately bureau-speak.

I'll never forget that scene in the movie "Alive" when the co-pilot flicks the "Fasten Seat-belt" switch on the ceiling and next to it is a switch reading "Stewardess Call" (the irony being that in this case, the US-built Fairchild was operated by the Uruguayan Air Force, whose cabin crew were if I recall correctly exclusively male!). The way it should be!  

Saludos,

ZXV

[Edited 2006-05-06 15:18:45]
How do you say "12 months" in Estonian?

PlymSpotter

Sun May 07, 2006 1:11 am

I know that its slightly biased, but I'd vote for Air Southwest having the friendliest attendants of any LCC. They are very welcoming aboard, they will sit down and have a chat with you if they have time and generally have the time for passengers which other larger airlines don't, and remember if they have seen you onboard before.

KLM, as a mainline, much larger carrier has about the best strewards I have been on in Economy, and Air Nostrum has the best in Business class. I think I know where all the friendly Iberia cabin crew go now spin 

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

FlyingColours

Sun May 07, 2006 1:36 am

Quoting LVZXV (Reply 36):
I don't know where the term F/A came from, it's like "partner", deliberately designed to be genderless

Not nesessarily, my profile says I am a "Flight Attendant", If someone asks me what my job is thats usually what I say and its simply because someone asked me once on the train and when I said "cabin crew" (again a different word for FA) she thought I meant I was train cabin crew. Likewise I will also say "Flight Crew" in a loose term if the girls are really cute.

There is more to someone than their looks, especially flight attendants/ cabin crew or Stewards or Stewardess'. Trust me you can have a really great looking crewmember who is nothing but a complete arse for the day but so far I can't say I've suffered that yet  Smile

But I digress,

I'm supposed to say First Choice / Air 2000 which is honest as far as charter airlines go but scheduled wise I'd say KLM.
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

foxxray

Sun May 07, 2006 1:52 am

DL, AF and i have seen somes nice on LX too  Smile

DL4EVR

Sun May 07, 2006 12:00 pm

Quoting Zone1 (Reply 31):
In my experience, the nicest F/As overall have been DL's though. They always seem to be friendly no matter what is going on.

Exactly! And according to a F/A who I spoke to last night "DL employees have a spirit that you can't just bottle".
We Love To Fly And It Shows.

FURUREFA

Sun May 07, 2006 10:56 pm

An AA purser based in BOS... Great guy!

Matt

MigFan

Wed May 10, 2006 8:43 pm

Southwest has some of the nicest staff in my opinion. Internationally, British Airways.

Love those accents!

/M
UH-60's suck!!!

comorin

Sun May 14, 2006 3:41 am

TPAnx

Sun May 14, 2006 5:10 am

One was the woman who worked a BDL-BOS flight the day of my mother's funeral. Good looking, funny( walked down the aisle with a box of Cheesits offering an "in flight snack.) The other worked for Eastern on a TPA-BOS flight..charming, beautiful (married to a pilot and lived in New Hampshire).
We talked for most of the flight--if she had suggested that I open the cabin door and take a walk..I would have. Often wonder what happened to them..and whether they're still flying...
TPAnx
I read the news today..oh boy

shamrock350

Sun May 14, 2006 7:57 pm

I would have to say Aer Lingus but VS has some the best FAs same goes for BA and SQ.
Big version: Width: 850 Height: 860 File size: 584kb