Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

rwy04lga
Topic Author

Airline Employee Flight Privileges On Other Airlin

Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:04 am

What flight privileges do employees of Delta, American, and US Airways have on other airlines? Add any other airlines you wish to list.

Thanks
Just accept that some days, you're the pigeon, and other days the statue

stylo777

RE: Airline Employee Flight Privileges On Other Ai

Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:06 am

Quoting Rwy04LGA (Thread starter):
What flight privileges do employees of Delta, American, and US Airways have on other airlines? Add any other airlines you wish to list.

they could standby on their flights which is the biggest privilige you could have in my eyes Big grin

F9Animal

Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:17 am

It really depends on the station. Some of the smaller airline stations get better flight benefits on other airlines. For example, most have ticket counter agreements have negotiated deals at the airport they serve. Otherwise, it usually falls into the ID90 category (90% off the lowest Y fare).

US in PHL might not get freebies from other airlines in PHL, because they have such a huge operation. But US in BOI might get to fly every airline that flies into BOI for free, because they have station agreements.
I Am A Different Animal!!

gift4tbone

Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:22 am

Here in PVD US has station agreements with WN, CO, and DL, formaly NK aswell. UA local agreement just ended. Also, it is only to places WE fly aswell. i.e. we couldn't fly CO for free to Asia. And visa versa, WN couldn't fly US for free to SXM. Also it requires a station manager approval...but it is still a very nice agreement for getting around the states.

However we could fly WN to MDW even though we serve ORD....

[email protected]
Top 3 airports: PVD 22.1%(142 flights), PHL 13.6%(87 flights), PHX 9.3%(60 flights)

ADXMatt

Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:16 am

We have interline agreements with almost all the airlines.

It ranges from ID90 to a ZED fare wich is milage based and can be used on any participating carrier.

Not a bad deal. However here in the USA with load factors sky high you need to be flexible and travel off peak in order to get a seat.

adizzy

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:20 am

I just got a job with Midwest as a Customer Service Crew member. Will I beable to get deals on any flight on other airlines like JetBlue? I am in BOS and Midwest only flys to MKE and Kansis City from Boston so I was wondering if I would have any privaleages on other carriers to get around!

N353SK

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:27 am

Quoting ADiZzy (Reply 5):
I just got a job with Midwest as a Customer Service Crew member. Will I beable to get deals on any flight on other airlines like JetBlue? I am in BOS and Midwest only flys to MKE and Kansis City from Boston so I was wondering if I would have any privaleages on other carriers to get around!

There's a page somewhere in YXnet that details all of the nonrev agreements, it just takes a while to find. You can get an ID90 or ZED fare with hundreds of airlines. Also, ask your supervisor if you have any counter to counter agreements with other airlines in BOS.

Keep in mind though that most of these interline agreements require you to have three and sometimes six months seniority before you can use them.

luvflng

Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:06 am

Quoting N353SK (Reply 6):
Keep in mind though that most of these interline agreements require you to have three and sometimes six months seniority before you can use them.

...and some 12 months
Radar Contact Terminated, Squawk VFR

burnsie28

Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:16 am

Quoting F9Animal (Reply 2):
90% off the lowest Y fare).

Highest Y fare.