Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Demoose
Topic Author

XL Airways Questions

Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:39 am

Myself and Jetset7E7 are off to Kavos this summer and we're flying with XL Airways to Corfu from MAN on one of their 767-300's. I've never flown with XLA before so any of you who have or know about them can you tell me what they are like.

In particular, the state of their 767-300's ie the cabin and fit. Also if anyone knows what the menu is for their inflight meals that would be good to know, we're on a charter flight with the meals included, not on one of their 'low cost' flights. Also wot IFE can we expect on the flight?

Any info would be great.
Cheers

Mark

Femme

RE: XL Airways Questions

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:08 am

Hi Mark

We are also booked with XL from MAN to Crete at the end of July. The only time I flew with them was last year from EMA to Kalamata on an MD80 ( DC9) and it was an absolute nail I have to say ( as in falling apart at the seams) but it did the job. I have seen many XL flights go out of MAN and their fleet looks clean etc. Sorry can't help with your query, will be interesting to see which A/C we get !

ps I posted a similar question about this Airline, think it was last year and got several posts back .. Good luck

Claire

Ryanair737

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:30 am

There is a trip report on the 76' with XL from last year - MAN-BGI-MAN W/XLA (Excel One/J) - Pics (by Mhodgson Jun 24 2006 in Trip Reports)

I think they are quite decent, but punctuality is a problem (espesh on 75/76 fleet). If your flight is on-time you should be allright, the food is standard charter fare short-haul.

aidoair

Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:15 pm

Last time i knew there were two long haul configured 767-300's with XL one cabins fitted (G-VKNG and G-VKNI) and one in a shorthaul configuration with 325 seats (G-VKNH). I presume you will be on the shorthaul as this usually does the flights from MAN. This has a 30" pitch with a 2-4-2 seating arrangement and leather seats which i think is comfortable enough especially for the quite short flight time to Corfu. Entertainment will be on overhead screens and i think these aircraft still have the large projectors as well at each bulkhead, it will probably be in the form of short t.v programmes and maybe a film as well as music channels. As for the meals all i know is that the usual tea, coffee and orange will be available free with it but the actual meal will be different to those that are available from the menu on the flights with the ''v'' at the end of the number.

Have a great flight and holiday, are you going to do a trip report? Wink or try and get some pics of the cabin
Hope this helps,
Thanks
Aidoair  Smile

Demoose
Topic Author

Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:26 pm

Thanks for the info. Yeh G-VKNH is scheduled to operate my flight, unless it goes tech or something! I'll get some pics and do a trip report too.

Mark