Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Wolborsk
Topic Author

Worst Flight Experiences 2

Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:48 am

OK, so I know this was tried before, but I just wanted to put my story in. I hope that you will put yours in too.

So, I was flying from GUM-DCA via HNL and IAH (CO) with my teacher. We pulled back from the gate in GUM, only to turn back in to another gate, where we would wait 30-45 minutes on the aircraft. I think that we might have left a couple of passengers in the airport, or might have had a maintenance problem. Whatever it was, they didn't tell us. So, we got to HNL, and had to hurry through customs to get back on the plane to IAH. So far so good....right?

We got to IAH 45 minutes late, which was the exact amount of time we had for connection to our flight to DCA. So, we were stranded. Luckily, we got meal vouchers and tickets to DCA through DTW. The latter was not such a good thing.

4 hours later, we boarded the plane for DTW. I fly CO a lot, considering the fact that I live on Guam, and I have never seen a 738 in that bad of a condition. My window was totally fogged, my seat was falling apart, and they were playing the same movie they played on almost every flight.

So, we finally arrived in DTW (the flight was really not that miserable), only to find that we had to rush to our next gate. Upon arrival, though, we were told by the gate agent (in a very insulting manner) that the Continental gate agent in Houston had not given us tickets, just an itinerary. However, we were told in Houston that that was all we would need. So, we had to call Continental, and finally got things straightened out. At last, we boarded the dingy, old NW A320, and flew to DCA. Instead of arriving at noon, we arrived at midnight. Fortunately, we were compensated for the whole thing with upgrades to first on the flight from IAH to NRT. So, it all worked out OK. Please post your worst travel experience.

sacamojus

RE: Worst Flight Experiences 2

Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:59 am

My worst experience was with WN. I decided to try WN after everybody was raving about it. I could not stand the cattle call nor the assigned seat. You can just feel the tension while you are waiting with the rest of your A group for the best seats. Not too mention everyone from the preceding boarding groups are just hovering right on top of you. Other than that, everything else was fine on our trip from MCO-MHT. I guess I have been really lucky on DL because I have never had a problem, including connecting in ATL. Oh, there was this one time on AA from MCO-SJU back in 2002 when I was on a very old 757 that had the engine smoking about 30 minutes away from SJU. I was a little worried at that point.