Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BreninTW
Topic Author

5-hour Layover In BKK -- Suggestions?

Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:22 am

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of planning my Chinese New Year trip, and have booked a trip to Jordan. Unfortunately, the best itinerary available gives me five hours to kill in BKK. I don't really want to leave the airport ... so what are suggestions for killing five hours?

I won't have access to the Biz Class lounge, which is a real pain ... I suppose I could take a whacking great book with me and find a coffeeshop to sit at ...

TIA
Bren

CaptSkibi

RE: 5-hour Layover In BKK -- Suggestions?

Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:38 am

I just had a 6 hour layover there on the way home from Bangladesh a month ago. Depending on the time (of day) of your layover, going into town is probably not the wisest. There is not a train, so you must take a taxi/bus/limo.

I suggest going to the Day Rooms. For about $67 USD, you can rent a room for four hours with a shower, bed, TV (channels only in Thai or displaying the airport arrivals/departures), toilet, and mini-bar. It also includes breakfast (although I did not take part in this, as I was not feeling well). The only problem with this is that the internet is not free in the Day Room. There are also rates for 6 hours, 12 hours, and perhaps 2-3 hours.

The Day Rooms are located at the end of terminal G. It is on the same level as the duty-free shopping. There is an abundance of duty-free shopping, so you could knock your socks off there and buy new ones. There are also a few restaurants.

[Edited 2007-12-10 20:08:23]
Private Pilot, Airplane Single Engine Land / former frequent flyer with 9 straight years being elite on NW/DL