Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TCT
Topic Author

Quick Question, JFK-SJU On AA?

Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:38 am

I was looking at flying JFK-SJU on a A300 in Y, has anyone flown on this route, if so, hows the entertainment, the seats, the service, and do they serve meals. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, TCT

AlitaliaMD11

RE: Quick Question, JFK-SJU On AA?

Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:52 am

Quoting TCT (Thread starter):
I was looking at flying JFK-SJU on a A300 in Y, has anyone flown on this route, if so, hows the entertainment, the seats, the service, and do they serve meals. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, TCT

I have flown this route multiple times in the past however my most recent trip was in March last year. I was on an A300 with the older style seating which is not exactly comfortable but it isn't miserable. I recall the seat pitch being decent. There are over head monitors located above the middle section which played regular American Airlines programing which included a movie. There were free drinks served but food was only available by payment. The flight attendants were rather rude and not very welcoming.

On the same trip I flew on an A300 routing MIA-JFK which was a more pleasant experience although it was a red eye flight and I slept most of the flight. I will be flying MIA-JFK again this March when returning from a trip to Chile via MIA.

Here is a link to the trip report I wrote up about the flight:

http://nycaviation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6059

If you have the option of flying Continental or Jet Blue I would highly advise it. American is by no means my airline of choice on the route.

TCT
Topic Author

RE: Quick Question, JFK-SJU On AA?

Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:08 am

Quoting AlitaliaMD11 (Reply 1):

Thanks alot, and I do have another option wich is B6 it's 20$ more but not a big deal so guess I'll be flying with B6, thanks alot again.