[email protected]
Topic Author

Viewing Movements At INV And ABZ

Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:26 pm

I'll be in INV and ABZ in Sept. What are the views like while airside and landside within the terminal at both airports? Cheers.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

02hilliert

RE: Viewing Movements At INV And ABZ

Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:06 pm

I've never been to INV, but at ABZ it is tough to view airside. Best place airside is the raised bridge between the "main" terminal building and the Eastern and Loganair gates. The views are pretty impressive, and there are a couple of seats up there. Unfortunately, it is primarily a corridor so a lot of passengers pass through but the views are good, and the windows are good enough to take photos through.

As for landside, there used to be a viewing area that looked straight along the ramp. This may however be closed at the moment. You can try it though. Take a left out of main terminal building, walk up covered walkway to the end. At the top take the road to the left (looks like heading towards end of runway) and there should be a bus shelter-looking construction in a grassy area overlooking the ramp. Alternatively, walk out of the terminal building, across the car park and then around to the right towards the helicopter terminals. There are views available through the fences and you can walk all the way along to the end of the road to take in all that there is to see. I would have thought though that if you linger to long you will draw attention to yourself. I've managed some decent pictures from both places in the past, so just make sure you're happy to do some walking. The website below gives an overhead view of ABZ:

http://www.content-delivery.co.uk/aviation/airfields/Aberdeen.html

The viewing area is/was situated on Upper Farburn Road, and the road around to the Helicopter terminals is Forties Road. Hope this all helps. I'm sure you'll have a great time at ABZ.

Toby
Next Up: Back to the US - Charlotte & Kansas City

BMED

Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:50 pm

At INV there is a nice resturant area that looks straight onto the apron with big glass windows.
Living the jetset life! No better way to be

[email protected]
Topic Author

Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:08 pm

Excellent. Very helpful. Thanks a bunch guys.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."