Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

PizzaPolli
Topic Author

Delta ATL Crown Room Clubs

Wed May 14, 2008 6:18 pm

I have a long layover in ATL in August so I'm probably going to buy the day pass to the Delta CRC's. Does anyone have any opinion on which one at ATL is the nicest, biggest, has the most ammenities, etc? I'll be in there from about 4-7:30 pm on a Friday. Thanks.

deltairlines

RE: Delta ATL Crown Room Clubs

Wed May 14, 2008 8:19 pm

Whatever you do, avoid B10. Worst club in the system.

I'd recommend the former BizElite lounge in Concourse E for most amenities - while I haven't been in there, it's supposed to have some hot hors d'oeuvres. A Centerpoint (next to Chili's) and C Concourse Crown Rooms are my two personal favorites - very open, pretty modern, etc. Amenities at these ones are TVs, light snacks (pretzel mix, apples, etc.), free bar, etc.

Biggest CRCs are A17, A Centerpoint and E. B10 is very small and cramped (I avoid that lounge like the plague), B25 can get crowded as well. T7 is normally pretty quiet.

Keep in mind that daypass users do not get free wi-fi - that's limited to Crown Room members only.

Also, with DL lounges, it is not a day pass - it's a one-visit pass. If you leave the club, it's another $30 to get back in. CO has a nice (recently renovated) lounge on Concourse D - it's either $40-45 for the pass, but slightly better snack selection and free wi-fi, plus you can re-enter the club if you want to grab a bite to eat.

PizzaPolli
Topic Author

Wed May 14, 2008 9:57 pm

DeltAirlines-

Thanks so much for your help! The info is much appreciated!

[Edited 2008-05-14 14:58:07]

Soxfan

Wed May 14, 2008 10:21 pm

I know this is a little off topic, but is there much of a difference between the BizElite lounges and Crown Room Clubs at ATL and at JFK (i.e. food, amenities, services, etc.)? Thanks  Smile
Pilot: "Request push, which way should we face?" JFK Ground: "You better face the front, sir, or you'll scare the pax!"

deltairlines

Thu May 15, 2008 1:47 am

Quoting Soxfan (Reply 3):
I know this is a little off topic, but is there much of a difference between the BizElite lounges and Crown Room Clubs at ATL and at JFK (i.e. food, amenities, services, etc.)? Thanks

BizElite lounges no longer exist - they are simply Crown Rooms now and open up to CRC members, ST E+, Amex Plat, etc. The former BizElite lounges (now CRCs) will roll out hot hors d'oeuvres in the afternoon prior to the European push. The former BizElite lounges also had a little higher-quality liquor but I'm not sure what the case is on those.

Service-wise it's equal - the agents are very good regardless.

Soxfan

Thu May 15, 2008 5:51 am

Quoting DeltAirlines (Reply 4):

Thanks for the information! I'm assuming this change was pretty recent--I'm booked in a BizElite flight next month (JFK-TLV) and last I checked the website said JFK had a BizElite lounge, but when I checked now that information was no longer there, only CRC.

But I agree: regardless of the type of club, as long it provides a nicer space than the airport gate, and the agents are available should any irregular operations arise, it's DEFINITELY beneficial.  Smile
Pilot: "Request push, which way should we face?" JFK Ground: "You better face the front, sir, or you'll scare the pax!"

deltairlines

Fri May 16, 2008 1:44 am

Quoting Soxfan (Reply 5):
the agents are available should any irregular operations arise

That's the best part about the lounges. I stopped by SFO last month after having checked in online and did not know my flight to ATL was quite delayed - enough so that I would have misconnected. Agent at the lounge points this out right away and starts to look at options. Since I had a friend in SFO, I told her I'd be willing to stay the night and take the flight out in the morning. She says she'll take care of it, so I go grab a drink and five minutes later she stops by and hands me my new itinerary all booked up for the next morning. No wait, no hassle, etc.

Those CRC agents are absolute gems in irregular operations. And seat changes - I was scheduled to be in a middle seat from CVG-LAS the other day; I stop by the CRC and she finds me an aisle seat that was under gate control (it was all for naught since I ended up somehow grabbing the upgrade which was unexpected...)