PHXmd80
Topic Author

Best And Worst US Airports...forget JD Power!

Wed May 21, 2008 3:10 am

Hey everyone!

So since JD Power came out with PHL topping their list of best airports in the US, and we all know this is wrong, I figured we could make our own list! I'll start.

Best:
DTW (NW terminal)
CLT
PHX
DEN

Worst:
ATL
PHL
LAX
STL

PHXmd80

flymia

RE: Best And Worst US Airports...forget JD Power!

Wed May 21, 2008 5:14 am

Well really I live all airports, I never connect much and I have never had a problem connecting. But I do have a number one airport and I must say its the best airport I have ever been to anywhere in the world. DCA! DCA is an amazing airport, right next to the city, good shops and food choices, Metro takes you right there. Also I have flown in and out of DCA Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays and I have still never had a long line for security or check in or to pick up luggage etc.. It is just awesome, and great views of the airport. Only problem is on all the DCA-MIA-DCA legs I have flown I might have had an on-time flight once. But thats MIA fault too.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

deltairlines

Wed May 21, 2008 2:18 pm

Best:
DTW - easily the best hub in America, very clean, easy to get around, etc.
ATL - extremely easy to connect in, takes no more than 15 minutes to go from T1 to E36. The recent refurbishing of the concourses has made it look a lot nicer.
CLT - clean, airy; a long walk though from the E gates to the B gates though.

Worst:
PHL - the F terminal is somewhat decent; A-West is nice; the rest of the airport could be razed for all I care.
JFK - this comes from the DL view, but between really long lines for takeoff, horrible facilities (the DL Connection area is a nightmare) and more, I avoid JFK at all costs.
LAX - some terminals are again better than others, but it just doesn't impress me too much.

NG1Fan

Wed May 21, 2008 9:22 pm

Quoting DeltAirlines (Reply 2):
JFK - this comes from the DL view, but between really long lines for takeoff, horrible facilities (the DL Connection area is a nightmare) and more, I avoid JFK at all costs.

I flew Delta Shuttle from the LGA Marine Terminal. Has a nice retro feel to it and was tiny for such a large city as NYC. Quaint! And the delay, which as the flight deck explained, caused by cumulative delays due to weather/ATC between NY area airports and Chicago airspace.

However, the Shuttle America LGA-MDW on E70 was great and my first time on that type.

NG1Fan

UltimateDelta

Wed May 21, 2008 9:27 pm

I've never had much trouble with ATL. Omaha is on my list because they have the world's cleanest airport bathrooms!  Wink
ORD is an absolute nightmare, though, especially when an inch of snow falls, which tends to happen a lot in the winter. CVG is nice and civilized. So is DCA. I also like MCI because the security people are nice and the lines short because security zones cover only about five gates.
Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010

PGNCS

Wed May 21, 2008 11:01 pm

I like CVG and MSP; I hate PHL and JFK. I will never trust JD Power again.

staralliance38

Wed May 21, 2008 11:38 pm

My Favorites:

CLT---By far the best airport! In the main atrium, you can smell all the food and hear a live pianist play! Best US Airways Club too!

PHL---I like PHL's B/C and F. Great US Airways Clubs and I love the PHL Marketplace.

PIT---Nice spacious airport and Airmall is great too

DTW---McNamara is great. Love the tram and love the "ambiance"

MCO---My most frequent dest. airport. Like the tram too  Smile and the Hyatt MCO is one the hotels I would like to stay at.

PHF---Nice small airport, my favorite home airport. Best food!

My dislikes:

ATL---Had to connect from C to T in 8 minutes. When we got there, they were boarding.

MSP---Almost like a maze with corridoors

My OKs

ORF---I actually really like them, but the Dep and Arr screens show flights and their continuing flights. Like CO3xxx goes from ORF to IAH and it also shows its IAH leg to Oklahoma City. Happens a lot for WN flights. Cant stand it!

ONT---Small airport's ok.

PHX---Great US Airways Club in B.
Roar, lion, roar

isitsafenow

Thu May 22, 2008 12:26 am

Hmmm.....requires some though here..
Favs

MCI..almost no walking from plane to curb..very short distance
DTW...(NW buildings)
CVG..I like the bus-ride to/from C...you are close to the metal
TPA...I have always liked this terminal...don't know why
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dont like

ORD..they need help and its coming in a few years.
SDF...loooong walk from counter to gates...NW or CO
STL...lower level is like a dungeon...its dark down there
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK... but not great

RSW...new terminal better then what they had
FLL......I like it...not a fav but likable
MDW...Its handy and easy to use.......and new
safe
If two people agree on EVERYTHING, then one isn't necessary.

deltairlines

Thu May 22, 2008 3:14 am

Quoting UltimateDelta (Reply 4):
ORD is an absolute nightmare, though, especially when an inch of snow falls, which tends to happen a lot in the winter. CVG is nice and civilized.

How dare I forget these two.

Can't stand ORD - will refuse to connect through there at all costs.

And after having connected in CVG 5 times over the past two weeks, it's gone up in my book. Of course, it helps that in those 5 trips, my only experiences with the C Concourse was walking off a Comair CRJ a couple of times and getting right on the bus to the B concourse - every other trip had me departing out of CVG on a mainline plane or a Comair CRJ-900 on the A Concourse.

FlyboyOz

Thu May 22, 2008 3:53 am

Best - SFO and MCI - very clean and tidy
Worst - LAX - Disorganised, messy, uneasy and unhelpful
The Spirit of AustraliAN - Longreach

LHboyatDTW

Thu May 22, 2008 4:00 am

My favorites:
DTW (Midfield only prior to 9/17 when the North terminal opens)
MCO
PDX (I like the decor of the place)
MSP It's been a while since I've gone through there, but every experience was peachy keen except a heavily delayed flight to SEA (though I was already on the plane headed to SEA)

My least favorites:
MKE - I swear if NW has me stay 3+ hours in that place one more time........ Angry  banghead 
MEM - too much of a labyrinth and reminds me of my high school's hallways
DEN - I know this is an amazing airport, but F9/UA screwed me over that day where I couldn't venture much further than the A/B concourses for 5 hours. I'm afraid I unintentionally had a chip on my shoulder from what happened to me that day.
SEA The NW satellite seems a little too cramped for my liking and the signage confused my family and I numerous times
ORD - two words: organized chaos!

My middle:
MDW Easier to use than ORD, yet tends to get a little boring after some time since I wandered everywhere I possibly could within 45 minutes. Though the landing is loads of fun with hard braking.
ATL - I know it could be a lot worse, but my first time there was fine. Then again the first and only time I've gone via ATL so far was as a UM and I was more or less babysat by the gate agents.
CVG
SNA -It's been forever since I've been to SoCal. I really need to head back there for a few days.
SFO
The air in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious because it's the same the angels breathe.

co777er

Thu May 22, 2008 4:08 am

I'd recommend:
SNA
EGE
AUS

FRNT787

Fri May 23, 2008 12:29 am

Quoting CO777ER (Reply 11):
SNA

Was hoping someone would mention John Wayne, its a great airport, I look forward to the expansion completion.

Im suprised no one has mentioned DFW. I rather like the airport (a good thing since I live here).

IAH always seems crowded in the center section, but otherwise I like it.

I like DEN, but ive never had to fly UA, always F9 so connections were easy.

Dont like ORD.

How about HNL (does it count?) I love the layout, the garden area, and the walkways overlooking the field.

Evan767

Fri May 23, 2008 12:48 am

From my standpoint: I am extremely happy that I fly through ATL a lot and that's why it's number #1 in terms of easiness-to-connect on my list. In terms of prettiness, I'll go with DCA.

For being the busiest airport in the world, ATL is perfect in many ways. Take-off lines are never hours deep, you never have to exit security to switch concourses, and aesthetically it has greatly improved. In Concourse E, a live pianist plays in the food court. Apparently it's a pain in the ass arriving internationally into ATL, however, I am always there to connect, so, even customs and immigration is wonderful for me. Never a wait at check-in. Clear skies in the winter, and in the summer when it thunderstorms, ATL outperforms it's counterparts in the case they also have a thunderstorm (JFK, ORD, etc.).

Worst: JFK for obvious reasons.
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...

vatveng

Fri May 23, 2008 2:11 am

Best:
ATL -

Quoting StarAlliance38 (Reply 6):
ATL---Had to connect from C to T in 8 minutes. When we got there, they were boarding.

Yes, but you made your connection in 8 minutes. Tight connections are possible in Atlanta. That, and you will not see a blizzard shut down DL and FL's entire operations for days at a time like at PHL.

DEN - Simply a beautiful hub, although it seems concourse C got all the old furniture from Stapleton.

CLT* - A * because I haven't connected in Charlotte in almost a decade. But I transited CLT several times in the 1990s and found it to be a very easy place to connect.

Worst:
ORD: I don't think I've ever been on a flight leaving O'Hare that's left within an hour of on time.

PHL. I _HATE_ that airport. It's such an overcrowded mess. The bus ride between the Express terminal and Mainline gives you a backstage tour of just how much of a craphole that place is. But as much as I hate PHL, there's one airport I will gladly go to PHL to avoid:

LGA. One word: Dump. Terminal B has holes in the ceiling that have been there at least since the first time I connected there in 2004. And there's nothing to eat!

co777er

Sat May 24, 2008 1:45 am

Quoting FRNT787 (Reply 12):
IAH always seems crowded in the center section, but otherwise I like it.

As a frequent visitor to IAH, I think the thing that has bothered people the most is the construction. I haven't been in Term. C in awhile, but once (or if) it is done, I think people will appreciate it more. Terminal E is a gem of a terminal. The only negative about it is the long walk to baggage claim. Terminal C is the same-old, same-old terminal (just lacks to descent food). Terminal B is a mess. I'm glad they are re-doing it. Terminal A is a very nice terminal for what it serves.

I have no idea about terminal D, but I believe they are improving it substantially.

just by two cents.

USairways16BWI

Sat May 24, 2008 1:51 am

best

-CLT( ive never had easier connections, the airport is very nice)
-FLL
-ATL(yea its the busiest, but those guys know how to handle it. Theres always plenty of staffing)
-BWI( not being biased, well maybe a little, but its waaay less delay prone than its PHL and IAD neighboors, its very easy to navigate)
-PIT( very nice airport and very easy connections. Good employees.

worst

-PHL( delays delays delays. More delays. Taxiway traffic which leads to more delays. only good thing is if you are connecting on US mainline to mainline, the transfer to B-C terminals is very easy)
-CLE( it might have been because of a blizzard, but i was delayed 4 hours there in the umm...C terminal i think? correct me if i am wrong, it was the terminal that is round at the end. The CO agents in CLE were the only CO agents i ever experienced to be very bad. They acted like they didnt care, and they were verbally rude to several people. I also dislike CLE due to the lack of windows in that terminal)
-LAX(complete chaos, long security lines, and ugly broken down, shabby terminals)

FRNT787

Sat May 24, 2008 3:00 am

Quoting CO777ER (Reply 15):
I think people will appreciate it more. Terminal E is a gem of a terminal.

I flew through in January, and you are correct. E was awesome. If I am correct there seems a large area where many people enter the terminal after check-in that serves as a center "hub" to connect to the other terminals. This always seems crowded, but I guess that is expected. I do like IAH however, and it is made even better by flying CO through there.

b6fll

Sat May 24, 2008 4:20 am

I like ATL, JFK, and CLT

Dislike PHL, ORD, STL

UltimateDelta

Sun May 25, 2008 12:04 am

Quoting LHboyatDTW (Reply 10):
MKE

Really? Every time I have been there it has been a pretty nice place to layover. Then again, the only times I have connected to there were with Midwest. You should try it some time.

Maverick623

Sun May 25, 2008 6:20 am

Like: PHX CLT SNA SFO SAN BOS DEN HPN ATL

Dislike: PHL JFK ORD LAX
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

JGPH1A

Sun May 25, 2008 7:08 am

Favourites :

DEN - always a pleasure, once you get past the HUGE TSA lines. Tier status helps.

GSO - cute, tiny, easy.

MHT - ditto

RDU C (not A - A is a dump) - never a line at security, pleasant and easy execpt when arriving internationally, then it is awful. This will change I hope with the opening of the new extension

STL - getting on a bit but I still like it - the concourse is easy to navigate and the little train into town is very handy.

EWR C (A and B are crap). You have to walk miles at C when you arrive, but the terminal is nice and new and not crowded.

MCO - well planned, well laid out, never experienced delays, light airy facilities, easy to find your way around.

ATL - despite its size, not actually that bad - the layout is sensible and the train system is fine - not sure about re-checking bags from customs and having to collect them again at the terminal building, that's stupid. I just take my bags through security and on the train with me.

Ones I tolerate but which could be seriously improved:

JFK - random, badly planned terminals (especially 2 and 3), appalling taxi times, interlining is a virtual impossibility, just not fun at all. And a drop of rain within a 30 mile radius grinds the place to a halt - ridiculous.

LAX - hate it. Ever heard of a transfer desk ? Where else in the world does an international interline transfer require that you not only pass through passport control and customs (such a pleasant and UTTERLY STUPID arrangement by the delightful US authorities) but all the way out into the street, just to go upstairs (in the same terminal, mind !) to check in again, repass security just to get to your connecting flight. I thought CDG was bad but LAX takes the cake.

LGA - eeennh. Not very nice, although the Marine Air Terminal is cute.

HNL - was probably pretty cool in the 70's with the trams and the open air walkways, but seriously ageing now - looks tatty and ugly. Needs work.

Ones I avoid :

ORD - a snowflake falls in Peoria and the entire operation shuts down. Awful, crowded, badly organised - just bad

PHL - blow it up and start again. And try and employ staff who don't look like they're running a crack den in the employee lounge.

MIA - way too big, squalid, crowded, filthy, poorly designed, rude and unhelpful staff, dated facilities, a 2 mile walk to immigration.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

AmricanShamrok

Sun May 25, 2008 11:26 am

Whatever about Terminals 1, 2 & 3 O'Hare Terminal 5 is one of the best terminals I've ever been in. Flights always seem to be punctual, it's spacious and airy (well most of the time) and very professional.

LAXdude1023

Sun May 25, 2008 6:04 pm

Airports I like:

DFW- Very organized and easy to connect. Terminal D is amazing.

IAH- Terminal E is one of my favorite terminals out there! I love landing there. However, their bag claim sucks and Terminal B needs some updateing (in the works).

ATL- I dont fly DL any more, but I used to fly them all the time because I used to fly LAX-ATL every 3 weeks. I have to say that for the amount of traffic it gets, its a very efficient airport.

Airports that suck:

ORD- My least favorite airport by far. Never had a flight that leaves on time. The worst is having any kind of weather activity messes up the entire day.

PHL- Probably the rudest staff Ive dealt with time and time again.

CDG- Horribily disorganized and hell to connect in.

My home airport-

Say what you will about LAX. Its not easy to connect in if you have to change terminals. However, LAX is meant to be an O&D airport, not a place to connect. Its meant for me and the rest of the Los Angeles area, not for the people from other cities. Thats why we have so many foreign carriers. Lots of International O&D. The airport is set up for that, not connections.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

pitops

Mon May 26, 2008 10:21 pm

Favs:

PIT: My hometown airport. I work there so I may be biased a bit. Awesome design even though it could use some updates and new chairs in the gate areas. Looks like someone took a knife to all of them. Still one of the best to make a connection if you needed to. Very underserved though.

BWI: Only been in the new WN piers but those are beautiful and easy to navigate through. I like how the food court over looks the gates in the center.

MCO: Only traveled through the WN/B6 terminal but I really liked the tropical feel to it. The fountain in the CTB is an awesome touch that I wish PIT had. Make's it seem more like a relaxing section of a mall rather then an airport. Good place for people to hang around waiting on their families to arrive.

MDW: Nothing special just easy to connect through.

FLL: Again, nothing too special, just an easy airport to fly through. The fish tanks in terminal one are pretty neat too.

Hates:

PHL: Need I say more?

LAX: I know it's an O&D airport but the terminals are dumps. Terminal 1 is a disgrace.

ORD: Too big. Too many delays.
Ground Ops, Southwest Airlines, CMH

staralliance38

Mon May 26, 2008 11:04 pm

Quoting PITops (Reply 24):
The fountain in the CTB is an awesome touch that I wish PIT had

The what? I go to MCO a lot and I've never noticed a major fountain. the CTB?
Roar, lion, roar

pitops

Tue May 27, 2008 7:15 am

Quoting StarAlliance38 (Reply 25):
The what? I go to MCO a lot and I've never noticed a major fountain. the CTB?

The central terminal building. It's near the Hyatt.
Ground Ops, Southwest Airlines, CMH

WesternA318

Tue May 27, 2008 8:41 am

Best:

SLC

Worst:

ATL

UltimateDelta

Tue May 27, 2008 8:21 pm

Quoting UltimateDelta (Reply 4):
Omaha is on my list because they have the world's cleanest airport bathrooms!

That, and it's my home airport.

RSWA330

Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:36 am

Best:
DTW- Hands down my favorite airport. Very modern and simple layout. Good retail and dining choices. Plenty of check in space. I am only talking about the Northwest Gateway. The other two terminals suck.
DEN- I feel more like I am in a mall than an airport.

Worst:
MIA- Probably my least favorite airport that I have been to. Staff was rude, unhelpful, and sometimes VERY hard to communicate with. I literally had passengers asking me questions because the staff would not help them. Unfortunately, I couldn't help them as I had my own questions that I was trying to get answered about where I was supposed to be going. The staff at MIA made the employees at PHL look good.
PHL- Looks old and the staff can be outright scary.

My home airport:
RSW- Very, very efficient. After you park in the long term parking lot, a bus picks you up right at your car. Usually the bus is there before you can even finish unloading your bags. The driver gives you a slip with your lot and space number. They drop you off right at the check-in area of your airline. Another thing I like is that most stores and restaurants are not chain restaurants. We have a Chilis, Burger King, Starbuscks, and Dunkin Doughnuts. We have many local venues though too like the Sanibel Bean, Beaches Travel Mart, and a few others. Very open with lots of natural light. The few drawbacks are that it is kind of bland with white tile floors and white walls.

n5014k

Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:23 pm

Favorite:

KOA

Favorite majors:

MCI - for O&D because of short distance to curbside and short security lines
PIT - good design but not very useful for connecting any more
DEN - for connecting
EWR - good for CO connections, and handy to get downtown via rail
CVG - pretty manageable for connections and O&D

Worst:

SFO - they will not let you take any carry-on on board larger than a valise. This includes flying on UA Express where they have gate-check for your bags.
LAX - generally unattractive and hard to get into and out of, even by taxi
JFK
MIA
PHL - always delayed
ORD - okay unless anything at all falls from the sky

There are some pleasant mid-sized airports in the US, I believe:
ORF
AUS
JAX

staralliance38

Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:59 pm

Quoting PITops (Reply 26):
The central terminal building. It's near the Hyatt.

Oh! I pass by that fountain every time I go. Never really noted it as a really big fountain. I just go straight to baggage!
Roar, lion, roar

Atlanta

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:06 pm

Best:
TPA, CVG, MCO, LGA, DCA and my home airport ATL

Worst:
LAX

Atlanta
Welcome To The New Delta- The World's Largest Airline

plateman

Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:01 am

Best
SEA-Spacious, good dining options, welcoming, glass wall
DCA-Small, close to DC

Worst
JFK-Hours to land/takeoff, old terminals, crowded
IAD-Layout and lines, and far from DC though VA-267 helps.
"Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

deltairlines

Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:28 am

Quoting PlateMan (Reply 33):
SEA-Spacious, good dining options, welcoming, glass wall

Forgot about SEA - Anthony's is one of the best airport restaurants I've eaten at. Anytime you get a high-quality local chain at the airport, you've got a winner in my experience.

deltal1011man

Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:25 am

best: ATL,CVG,SLC,MCO,TPA,BOS
worst: LAX,PHL,LGA
ok: JFK (had to walk from an Rj gate to gate 4......its a looooong walk but it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be on a.net)

Quoting StarAlliance38 (Reply 6):

That is a good walk but thats the thing about ATL.....you can connect very quick

I don't like the current FIS set up in Atlanta though but it should get better with the new terminal.

Jakobsen74

Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:47 am

I like: PIT SFO PHX CLT ATL

I Dislike: JFK ORD LAX

staralliance38

Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:13 pm

Quoting N5014K (Reply 30):
There are some pleasant mid-sized airports in the US, I believe:
ORF

OMG!! Norfolk!! Somebody actually noted Norfolk, VA!

ORF is my major home airport, but it could be better. The only things I don't like about it is that the flight screens show the planes' procceding flight too and passengers get so confused lol (kinda fun to watch em squirm). TSA could be nicer. But, if you like ORF, you will love PHF soooooooooooo much better. TSA actually say "hello". Food is sooooo good in the terminal, glass walls let you see the runway so you can see when you plane lands! Even though US is in the lower gates, its still nice. I would take PHF over ORF if I had the choice.

Quoting RSWA330 (Reply 29):
PHL- Looks old and the staff can be outright scary.

Ok, Since I fly US a lot, PHL is one of my most frequent airports:

My Home Airport: ORF: Passed 13 Times (future: 15)
PHL: Passed 12 Times (future: 13)

I love the architecture and I think the bus is kinda cool. I get some good shots from that bus. I have been to the US Club in B/C and F and I've also talked with many employees there. Quite frankly, they're pretty nice! Never really had a bad staff exp. @ PHL. Only problem with PHL with me is the delay. Honestly, I've noticed since SWA increased operations @ PHL, more delays are going on. When SWA didn't really have a lot of operations there, it was kinda smooth. I think every-single time I pass via PHL, I have to take the bus. I find the bus fun, IDK why. When I go in June, that will be my first time where I don't have to take the bus (staying in B/C). I kinda like PHL.

"'Cause I live and breathe this Philadelphia freedom
From the day that I was born I've waved the flag
Philadelphia freedom took me knee-high to a man"--Elton John

I not only Wave the Flag, I Fly the Flag!
Roar, lion, roar

a380us

Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:05 pm

I love JFK, DFW, and SAN
but hate ORD, and MIA
www.JandACosmetics.com

sw733

Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:43 pm

I really enjoy:

MCI (my current home airport)

MDW

DFW (taxiing sucks but...I like Terminal D a lot)

ONT (nice and easy alternative to LAX for where I go)

MKE (easy breezy)

I hate hate hate:

LAX

PHL

PIT

Crewchief

Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:10 pm

Although some may like crowds and long lines, I tend to avoid them. The length of check-in and security lines are a large part of why I like and don't like certain airports. I also like convenience -- I don't want to have to dash half a mile to make a tight connection only to find out that the gate was changed, and I have to backtrack three-quarters of a mile (that happened at DFW). Other than that, it's pretty much aesthetics.

Favorites:
TPA -- free wifi, relatively short TSA lines, airy, spacious. Nice shopping area. Parking is close. Clean. Friendly atmosphere.

MKE -- Excellent view of the main runway from the Starbucks in the Midwest wing, easy connections fr/to YX, airy, friendly atmosphere. Close parking.

DCA -- Terminal A is the least crowded and stressful. The other terminals are newer but much more confining. Parking is close, and if you pick the right time of day you can breeze right through TSA.

MCI -- For all the reasons given by others.

MCO -- Could be a great airport if they could ever get the TSA lines to be a reasonable length. Or maybe I don't visit at the right times of day. Or maybe I should go Clear. Offsetting that is the best highway access I've experienced, an airy, spacious terminal, good food selection and shopping.

Worst:

ORD -- Stressful, unhelpful, confining. All the things others may thrive on, but I don't. Although ORD gets bonus points for easy access for the subway downtown.

IAD -- Difficult to navigate, difficult and time consuming to get through TSA's checkpoint. I suppose it would be better if I knew at least six foriegn languages -- then I could converse with others in the lines and at the gate. Once in the proximity of the gate IAD is quite nice. Getting to the gate is the problem.

DFW -- Bring your walking shoes -- or maybe a Segway. Or maybe avoid a DFW connection like the plague.

ATL -- the low ceilings and mass of humanity is a real turn off. And the renovations don't seem to make the terminal any more inviting. Also not easy to do airplane spotting between flights.