Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

flyingdoc
Topic Author

LAX MH Lounge

Tue May 20, 2008 3:35 pm

Will be flying on Malaysia Airlines next week from LAX in FC. I know that TBIT has redone their lounges into alliance lounges. Just wondering about the lounge for MH. Do they have a separate lounge? Do they use one of the shared lounges? Thanks!

aaway

RE: LAX MH Lounge

Tue May 20, 2008 4:15 pm

MH uses the shared lounge used by those carriers not aligned with an alliance.
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard

flyingdoc
Topic Author

Wed May 21, 2008 4:03 am

Thanks! Where is it? How is it? I have a few hours between my connecting flights.

aaway

Wed May 21, 2008 5:06 am

Quoting FlyingDoc (Reply 2):
Where is it? How is it?

Beyond the security checkpoints, mid building. The elevators used to access the lounges bookend the bus gate seating area.

The new lounges are definite upgrades to the old individual lounges. Nice aesthetic, nice amenities.

One suggestion, if I may...check in early to insure receipt of an invitation to the lounge. The TBIT red eye departures have a causal affect on demand for lounge access. The oneworld and Star lounges have refused entry to otherwise eligible passengers due to capacity limits. The non-aligned lounge isn't as busy (and I'm not sure how much MX drives demand), but you can expect (depending on day of the week) passengers for two BR redeyes, CI, FJ, PR, perhaps AI (if delayed) in addition to other MH pax wanting access.
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard

GA330

Wed May 21, 2008 5:51 am

Just as AAway has stated, arrive a little early to check in and go into the lounge. After 9:30 pm, the security lines at TBIT will be a few hundred people long (no joke here) due to the number of flights leaving. Avoid this by checking in early.

First class lounge will be a moderate size room within the business class lounge. It will be on the fourth floor on the north side of TBIT (or right side if you are facing the terminal). Take the elevator after passing the security.

The food will consist of cheese and cracker plates, sandwiches if i recall correctly, instant noddles (try the shin ramen, it is really good!) and chips that are exclusive to F lounge.

The view of the lounge is also excellent, as it is situated right above the main north south taxiway, and you might actually be able to see your MH plane go across it as it is being towed from the stand to the gate!

It is truly a comfortable lounge and will be worth coming two-three hours early to check in. Enjoy!
China Eastern MU586 KLAX - SZPD with B-6055