Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

legacyins
Topic Author

NW Lounge Access

Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:55 am

I will be soon flying NW from SFO-PEK via NRT. This will be my first time fling NW WBC. I am not a member of their frequent flyer club or hold any elite status with sky team. Will I be granted access to their lounge for flying in "J" class? If not, is it worth paying for access to their lounge in SFO or NRT?

Thanks...

deltairlines

RE: NW Lounge Access

Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:19 am

You'll have access to all SkyTeam lounges on the basis of your international premium class ticket on a SkyTeam carrier. Of course, the most convinient lounges will be the WC at SFO (located in the International Terminal where the NRT flight leaves from) and the new WC at NRT (supposed to be a great lounge from all reports).

burnsie28

Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:45 pm

heck, if your flying WBC, just sign up for a worldperks card, doesn't cost anything and you should have 17,782 miles alone just from that round trip.

deltairlines

Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:20 pm

Quoting Burnsie28 (Reply 2):
heck, if your flying WBC, just sign up for a worldperks card, doesn't cost anything and you should have 17,782 miles alone just from that round trip.

Yeah - absolutely no reason to lose all those miles from this trip. Plus, as of right now, WorldPerks miles don't expire (although I doubt this part of the program will last the merger with Delta). Still, a couple of transcons would get you enough for a free ticket domestically.

Analog

Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:53 pm

In paid business class that trip should earn 19362 miles (both redeemable and elite qualifying). That's most of the way to silver status. Add a domestic one-stop transcon roundtrip on NW, DL, or CO and you've got status.

You don't have to credit the miles to NW. You can credit them to Delta, Continental, Korean, etc.

legacyins
Topic Author

Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:36 am

Thanks for your suggetion. I signed up online. BTW, has anyone experienced their SFO International lounge? I am looking forward to experiencing the NRT lounge but only have a two hour transit time frame.