woody71
Topic Author

Worst Airports To Connect Through?

Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:06 pm

As most a.netters are avid travellers, I was curious as to everyone's opinion about connecting airports. Me, I don't like ATL. Too much traffic, pedestrian and aircraft. I connect through MIA sometimes for travel to Spain and that airport is not user friendly. IIRC, JFK was a pain to connect through but that was many years ago. What are your worst?

PITingres

RE: Worst Airports To Connect Through?

Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:19 pm

It usually depends if you have to change terminals or concourses. PHL is my worst, I won't even go there. There are many airports that can be bad if you have to change terminals (JFK, BOS, IAD, LAX, etc). I actually don't mind ATL, it's crowded but relatively easy to move around in since it's all connected. After PHL, I guess I'd have to pick IAD as my least favorite, but it's a close call. LHR might be the second-place winner but I have limited experience there, only been through it a couple times (been through LGW much more often and it's OK.)
Fly, you fools! Fly!

woody71
Topic Author

Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:23 pm

I forgot to mention, I would like to hear some of your favs too. I like MAD and LGW. Very easy to navigate and not too crowded, at least when I've been through. I also like CVG but I've only gone through there once.

PlymSpotter

Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:14 pm

GYD; Baku Heydar International, is by FAR the worst airport I've connected through. So much crap and corruption by the officials there, they tried to charge me a $50 'connection processing fee', which was basically putting me in a lift to the next floor up and making sure my bag made it onto the flight... which I was hoping they might do anyway. They didn't get so much as a buck, but really tried it on!

I also wasn't terribly impressed with SVO, although I did have to change between terminals which meant a long bus ride - although luckily this too you through the Aeroflot Tu134 and other various craft's dumping ground, so that made up for things! CDG is hell as well, for a modern terminal design it's utterly crazy connection wise.

As for the best though, I prefer AMS - everything is clearly laid out and it's a lovely airport. Likewise BCN is nice, ZRH is good too and BRU is wonderful so long as you don't have to go between the two terminals in which case it takes a while, but still not bad.

Dan  Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

Transpac787

Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:01 pm

Worst:

ORD- You can end up walking a LONGGG way, especially if you have an interline connection. Besides, it's just ORD. Melts down faster than Three Mile Island when any storms are around.

JFK- Transferring airlines can be a royal pain in the ass. IIRC, that terminal transfer train only runs one-way.

Best:

DTW- In addition to a very nice terminal, connections are made very easily. Train, moving walkways, and easy to navigate.

DEN- Can't get too much easier than DEN, whether you're flying on UA or F9.

staralliance38

Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:13 pm

Worst:

ATL - Dislike the many concourses that DL operates. Just hate it.

MSP - Its like a maze lol

Best:

CLT - Friendly, Clean, Great Spotting, easy to connect, Great US Club (only been ot the C/D) Best airport ever Big grin

DTW - Nice and clean, tram overhead is cool, easy to connect good spotting

PIT - Nice and easy to connect in, good spooting, good US Club

PHL - Great spotting, clean, one good and another ok US Club

PHX - Friendly, clean, great US Club (Con. B), loved it Big grin
Roar, lion, roar

Transpac787

Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:44 pm

Quoting StarAlliance38 (Reply 5):
Best:

CLT, PIT, PHL, and PHX??

Man, you really can't give up the shameless pitches for US, huh??  Wink

warren747sp

Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:54 pm

I think LHR is the worst especially if you have to change from say T5 or T4 to one of the other ternminals. need lots of time and patience. MIA is pretty bad as well.
747SP

staralliance38

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:18 pm

Quoting Transpac787 (Reply 6):
CLT, PIT, PHL, and PHX??

Man, you really can't give up the shameless pitches for US, huh??

Yep Big grin

In all fairness, CLT and PHX are my two favorite airports to connect, PIT is great everytime, PHL's F concourse is a little bit better than the B/C concourse. The only thing I really don't like about PHL is this one employee that was very rude at the US Airways Club B/C. That's it lol.

CLT, PHX, and PIT's US Club is great with no complaints Big grin
Roar, lion, roar

GrahamHill

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:25 pm

CDG is horrible. For everything.
"A learned fool is more foolish than an ignorant one" - Moliere

FlySSC

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:31 pm

LHR top them all ... even CDG is a peaceful heaven compared to LHR.

Then comes : JFK, ATL, MIA and in general all U.S Airport when it's about International/Domestic or International/Internationnal connection.

DXB becomes a nightmare too, and I had a terrible experience in RUH, connecting on Saudia from BEY to CMB. Never again.

RedTailDTW

Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:53 pm

Best (In Order):

DTW
DFW
ORD
MSP
MEM

The only one I don't really like connecting through would be IAH. Terminal E is rather good but the rest of the airport should be blown up and redone IMHO.

Mason
Airlines Flown: 9E, AA, B6, CO, DL, G7, HP, MQ, NW, RP, UA, US, WN, YX / Aircraft Flown: 737-200/300/700/800, 757-200/300, 777-200, A319/A320/A321, CRJ-200/900, DC-9-30/50, DC-10-40, ERJ 140/145, E170, MD80/83/90

Viscount724

Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:28 pm

In Europe, I rate ZRH, MUC and AMS best (in that order), followed by FRA.

The worst -- LHR. I also don't like connecting at CDG. Although it's much better than LHR, I find CDG confusing. Signs are also poor making it easy to get lost.

vikinga346

Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:31 pm

Quoting StarAlliance38 (Reply 8):
In all fairness, CLT and PHX are my two favorite airports to connect, PIT is great everytime, PHL's F concourse is a little bit better than the B/C concourse. The only thing I really don't like about PHL is this one employee that was very rude at the US Airways Club B/C. That's it lol.

Dude, you're so pro U.S. it disgusts me. This topic is about the worst connecting airports not your favorite airline. I understand that you may fly through CLT PIT PHX PHL all the time but that doesn't make them good connecting airports. PHL is one of the worst airports in the USA by far so you can cross that one straight off the list. PHX is nice, can't complain but PIT and PHX are just average.

My worst:

IAD - those rolling tractors that take you from term to term are good for spotting but are terribly crowded most of the time and its just a royal pain.

ORD - Big cluster ****. When there's Wx in the area, it just gets exponentially worse.

CDG - Horrific - worse than PHL.

No particular order on those.
...you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you shall return

UltimateDelta

Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:08 pm

Quoting Transpac787 (Reply 4):
DTW- In addition to a very nice terminal, connections are made very easily. Train, moving walkways, and easy to navigate.

Provided you don't have to get from Concourse B or C to A, yes...
Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010

B747forever

Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:15 pm

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 12):
The worst -- LHR

Quoting FlySSC (Reply 10):
LHR top them all ... even CDG is a peaceful heaven compared to LHR.

I have never had any problems to connect through LHR. I have connected twice at LHR and both times without any problems.
Work Hard, Fly Right

ual757

Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:53 pm

Yucky ORD. Too many delays. But hey JFK and EWR are much worse.

DesertAir

Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:19 pm

AA domestic to international in Miami.

treeny

Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:37 am

Quoting B747forever (Reply 15):
I have never had any problems to connect through LHR. I have connected twice at LHR and both times without any problems.

Me too!!! LHR seems to get a real rough ride here on airliners.net but I have never had a problem. Its always been seemless with plenty of cust service posts along the way if I ever needed any help which, thanks to the structure, signage etc has never been the case.

I actually TRY to connect through LHR when I can................

Treeny

UltimateDelta

Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:15 am

good spotting

At DTW? What are you talking about?

staralliance38

Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:41 am

Quoting UltimateDelta (Reply 19):
good spotting

At DTW? What are you talking about?

Most of the windows are floor-to roof windows which provides good terminal spotting and the tram overhead also shows great views of the aircraft (especially the 747s Big grin)
Roar, lion, roar

deltairlines

Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:06 am

Worst hubs:

JFK (Delta) - Terminals 2/3 are absolute dumps, T3 check-in is pretty bad, congestion delays everywhere, Delta Connection gates are the worst of any DL hub by a mile (and CVG's Concourse C is pretty bad as it is).

PHL (US Airways) - Concourses B-E are absolute dumps. Nothing special about F. Runway configuration is horrible and the spacing between concourses isn't enough, which causes bottlenecks. Add in the fact that it's sandwiched between NYC and WAS and that affects ATC into it makes it an ugly operation.

ORD - Congestion, Congestion, Congestion. Terminals aren't in great shape (B/C aren't bad, but nothing special and the rest of the airport is below that). Avoid at all costs.

HT

Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:31 am

I do not really have a hub that makes it into category "really bad", but still I try to avoid connecting at LHR (which is made quite easy, as flight options from my homebase HAJ into LHR meanwhile are down to BD's regional ops).

No own experience yet, but from other's sayings, WAW shall be a pain to connect in.
(LO's last flight from HAJ to WAW will operate next Tuesday, so I will not be able to sample a connection at WAW anytime soon).

Quoting RedTailDTW (Reply 11):
IAH. Terminal E is rather good but the rest of the airport should be blown up and redone IMHO.

I think, that's what actually is being done right now.

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 12):
I find CDG confusing. Signs are also poor making it easy to get lost.

I am getting accustomed to connect through CDG and while its general layout ( 8 rather seperate concourses) might not be the best one, I do not think that signage is poor. Still, CDG requires more walking and a considerable buffer (time) for a connection than other airports. Anything less than 60 minutes on SkyTeam is a no-no for me. I prefer 90 minutes and more.

The other problem CDG appears to have is lack in runway capacity at busy times of the day. Last Friday we were kept on the ground in HAJ around for 30 minutes due to heavy inbound traffic (AF Regional going to park off T2G; scheduled arrival at 1400h). Thankfully I had 2 hours to make my connection from T2D to T2F.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

OHLHD

Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:21 am

Bad: FRA,LHR and DXB

I like: CDG,MUC and OSL

B747forever

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:44 am

Quoting Treeny (Reply 18):
actually TRY to connect through LHR when I can................

Yeah, me too. But many members will think we two are crazy  Smile
Work Hard, Fly Right

IntlDj

Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:57 am

Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 9):

I agree 100%.

dtwclipper

Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:55 pm

Quoting IntlDj (Reply 25):
Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 9):

I agree 100%.

Absolutely the worst I have ever seen.

As a Detroiter I've never connected at DTW, but it seems very easy to navigate for even the casual traveler. Should one have to transfer from the Worldgateway to the Smith/Berry or next month to the North Terminal that will always present a problem, but very few people do that.

As the tram in the Worldgateway is not a tram but more of a horizontal elevator (it operates on cables, and was described as such when it was being installed) there is no way it could every be extended to the new North Terminal

AMS has worked worked well for me as has DFW.
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

burnsie28

Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:04 pm

MSP - Its like a maze lol

Never seems like that to me.

Quoting UltimateDelta (Reply 14):
Provided you don't have to get from Concourse B or C to A, yes...

Well it does have moving walkways between the concourses.

IMO, based off MY experience:

Best:
DTW
MSP
MEM
AMS

Worst:
PHX
FRA, I connected in terminal 2, and i didn't like the basement feeling that I had to go to for the KLM departures, the upper level is much, much nicer.
SFO- I unfortunately manged to go into the INTL terminal from a domestic flight from DEN, so you have to go outside security then go back in.

Mediocre:
DEN- sure its one concourse if you fly UA, but its cramped when its busy and boring, not much is there.

N867DA

Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:59 pm

I've lived in Atlanta for most of my life, so I have never connected at ATL. I booked my mom HOU-ATL-RNO once and she didn't think connecting in ATL is too fun and came home with pity for people who have to blow 2 hours in ATL.

My rankings (no order)

CDG 2C. Flew ATL-CDG-BOM. I was confined to an eight gate 'Hall' that was pretty dirty. It had most of the amenities I expected but the overall finish of the airport left much to be desired. I flew VIE-CDG-ATL in 2003 and found connecting to be a huge hassle.

JFK. Flew ATL-JFK-FRA...connecting between DL and SQ was a pain in the ass. The terminals evoke nostalgia, but clearing security again is something that I'd like to avoid. Inter-airline transfers are not too fun.

BOM & DEL. There is a special place in heaven for people who have had to suffer International --> Domestic transfers at these two airports.

CAI. I admit I didn't expect to end up there; it was a reroute after a missed connection. But it wasn't a very pleasant experience connecting between KL and MS.

SIN, MSP, DTW, and AMS are very nice airports for connections. I have been told the new BLR and HYD are great, but I have yet to visit them to see for myself.
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you

PanAm747

Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:38 pm

Without a doubt, the WORST places to change planes are JFK or LAX - if you have to change terminals!!

Intra-terminal changes aren't bad, but having to RUN to an adjacent (or non-adjacent!) terminal, re-check in, re-enter security in anything other the most perfect of conditions is one of the circles of hell.

Within one airport or terminal, Chicago O'Hare is hopefully going to improve dramatically with the retention of gate limitations and the addition of the third runway. Since it is so rare in the U.S. to have anybody doing anything about any airport problem, let's see if this fixes things.

For sheer numbers of delays and cancellations of every conceivable type from every possible source - Mother Nature, the FAA, too much traffic, etc - the American northeast airports of JFK, LGA, EWR, and PHL take the cake. They don't get any worse than this.

In the United States, my favorites are SLC, DEN, MSP, and DFW. These are without a doubt the most user-friendly airports around (I have never been to DTW) making connections a breeze. DFW's SkyLink is the single greatest feature of DFW airport, making short connection times a piece of cake. SLC seems "cozy", but is deceptively efficient. DEN is so ridiculously well-designed for most things it's almost funny, and MSP (and indeed the entire state of Minnesota) is so intuitively and well marked before you can ask someone where anything is, a sign is there marking the way.

My knowledge of ATL is limited, but changing planes there this summer - without a thunderstorm - was a breeze. Paschal's has the best airport food I have ever had, and everything ran on time.
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

UltimateDelta

Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:32 pm

Quoting StarAlliance38 (Reply 20):
Most of the windows are floor-to roof windows which provides good terminal spotting

But they all have little black dots on them, though.

SNCNtry32

Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:33 am

Quoting Burnsie28 (Reply 27):

Never seems like that to me.

Quoting PanAm747 (Reply 29):
In the United States, my favorites are SLC, DEN, MSP, and DFW. These are without a doubt the most user-friendly airports around (I have never been to DTW) making connections a breeze. DFW

If people, bend their neck in an upward direction, they can see ample sinage leading them to thier gates. . .

MSP IS VERY easy to connect through, just spread out. Bring you Nikes along..
Long Live Memphis!

USAirALB

Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:45 pm

I hate PHL-its dirty and overcrowded; the only nices parts are the A TATL terminal and terminal F.

I used to love connecting in PIT, it was clean and new. Sadly I cannot connect there anymore. I remember flying on a 762 to LA from PIT.

EWR and CLE are nice.

ATL is a real scream.
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744, 752, 753, 762, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388

DYflyer

Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:25 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 15):

Me neither. LHR is one of my most frequented airports, and i think it is a pretty good airport. Never had any real problems there. Been significant delayed twice. First was when a Gulf Air machine (IIRC) left a lot of "spare" parts for a engine on one of the runways. The other time was last year when the BA T7 landed a little short. Neither of those events have anything to do with the airport.
Life is like a book. If you don't travel, you only read one page.

FURUREFA

Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:05 pm

Least favorite: STL; STL was really a dump, dirty and all around creepy (the empty concourse)

Favorite: DFW; I love SkyLink and visiting all the various terminals. Terminal D has great dining and shopping options.

Matt

sk601

Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:18 pm

I didn't like JFK.

Airports I prefer to transfer:

ATL, MEM, SLC, DTW, and MSP (guess what airlines I usually fly!)

In Europe I mainly fly point-to-point, the only airports I used as a transfer airport were ZRH and MXP. Both were O.K.

HT

Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:40 pm

Quoting DYflyer (Reply 33):
Been significant delayed twice. First was when a Gulf Air machine (IIRC) left a lot of "spare" parts for a engine on one of the runways. The other time was last year when the BA T7 landed a little short. Neither of those events have anything to do with the airport.

While there undoubtedly was no conncetion between these incidents and the airport (LHR) itself, the closure of one of only 2 (heavily used) runways immediately leads to massive disruptions at LHR, whereas at other locations (hubs in Europe) the effects might have been considerably lower.

A similar problem at LHR occurs if there is a single snow flake in the vicintiy of LHR: Massive disruptions.

Transferring at PMI on AB is quite easy, too.
The only two minor downsides might be a) the (odd to freequent) use of remote stands with bus transfers (cramped) and b) knock-on effects of delays during the evening arrival/departure bank.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

Leskova

Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:36 pm

My personal bad experiences in Europe are limited to MUC, though I don't particularly enjoy LHR either. If I can select where to connect, which - fortunately - I usually can, then I'll connect through ZRH. Then again, living in FRA, connecting is really only required if I want to.  Smile

Prior to living in FRA, FRA was pretty much my preferred connecting point - far preferred over that dreadful thing in MUC that so many here seem to like...

Both my parents and my girlfriend had very bad experiences connecting at AMS - they made their connections, but their bags (on all connections, without exception) were either delayed by around 24 hours, severely damaged, or simply lost. If I ever want to try connecting through AMS, I'm going to have to fly alone...

I've also had good connections at VIE and, believe it or not, CDG - though between my first couple of connections and my last connections, AF moved the departures to Germany to another terminal, and suddenly the walk that was rather short a few months earlier turned into a pretty long hike on one connection from GRU on JJ to HAJ on AF at CDG.
Smile - it confuses people!

rwsea

Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:57 pm

I HATE PHX, ORD, and JFK.

PHX - absolutely no food choices whatsoever. Just greasy fast food or sweets. Nothing to keep me occupied during a long layover.

ORD - delays galore, plus crappy food options (esp. in the United terminal).

JFK - no explanation needed

I also don't like ATL, due to the thunderstorms and delays, but at least there's more food options and it's somewhat easy to get around.

HT

Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:50 am

Quoting Leskova (Reply 37):
preferred over that dreadful thing in MUC that so many here seem to like...

You are talking about LH/*A Terminal 2 at MUC or the older T1 ?
The situation before the opening of T2 cannot be compared to the situation before when all airlines were sharing the (then) overcrowded facilities at T1.

Quoting Leskova (Reply 37):
my last connections, AF moved the departures to Germany to another terminal, and suddenly the walk that was rather short a few months earlier turned into a pretty long hike on one connection from GRU on JJ to HAJ on AF at CDG.

My AF flights to HAJ have been departing from CDG's T2D in recent years (up to a week ago).
This is okay when they use the downstairs gates, but the airside area on (normal) departure level simply is overcrowded.
-HT

Leskova

Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:30 pm

Quoting HT (Reply 39):
You are talking about LH/*A Terminal 2 at MUC or the older T1 ?
The situation before the opening of T2 cannot be compared to the situation before when all airlines were sharing the (then) overcrowded facilities at T1.

Before the opening of T2 - I've heard from a lot of people that it's improved since, but I'm in no hurry to find out.

Quoting HT (Reply 39):
My AF flights to HAJ have been departing from CDG's T2D in recent years (up to a week ago).

It was exactly the time when they switched from... was it 2E?... to 2D (I remember the infos we got from AF back then, saying "2D as in "D"eutschland) - on my first flights it was only about a 5-10 minute walk from where I arrived on JJ to where I departed on AF, but when the switch to 2D was made, it was quite a walk. All of my flights through CDG so far werein 2003.
Smile - it confuses people!

HT

Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:21 am

Quoting Leskova (Reply 40):
Before the opening of T2 - I've heard from a lot of people that it's improved since, but I'm in no hurry to find out.

MUC T2 was designed primarily with connecting pax in mind.
Although its success meanwhile again means that it gets quite busy at times (but not crowded yet), its standards are way higher than what T1 used to offer (refurbishing of T1 is ongoing AFAIK, but still T1 is more designed for O&D traffic than connecting pax).
IMO, construction of the proposed sattelite eat of T2 should start soon, as the share of a/c having to use remote stands with bus transfers is hardly up to international standards. And in case MUC gets even more longhaul destinations, this will mean that even more continental flights will be directed to remote stands (even though MUC is pretty good and effective when it comes tu bussing pax around. You even can get the info on how many pax will be on your a/c from the drivers info panel ...).

Quoting Leskova (Reply 40):
It was exactly the time when they switched from... was it 2E?... to 2D (I remember the infos we got from AF back then, saying "2D as in "D"eutschland) - on my first flights it was only about a 5-10 minute walk from where I arrived on JJ to where I departed on AF, but when the switch to 2D was made, it was quite a walk. All of my flights through CDG so far werein 2003.

CDG 2E was the terminal whose structure partially collapsed back in 2004 and was closed ö(and redoen) afterwards.
I agree, that walks can be quite long at CDG - that's why I do not accept any connections with less than 90 minutes at CDG.
-HT

legacyins

Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:29 am

Quoting Burnsie28 (Reply 27):
SFO- I unfortunately manged to go into the INTL terminal from a domestic flight from DEN, so you have to go outside security then go back in.

That is your airline you chose that did that. It is not the airport's fault.

DYflyer

Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:38 pm

Quoting HT (Reply 36):
While there undoubtedly was no conncetion between these incidents and the airport (LHR) itself, the closure of one of only 2 (heavily used) runways immediately leads to massive disruptions at LHR, whereas at other locations (hubs in Europe) the effects might have been considerably lower.

A similar problem at LHR occurs if there is a single snow flake in the vicintiy of LHR: Massive disruptions.

True, the effect might have been less on other airports. However these are extraordinary situations, and gives me no reason to avoid LHR.

As for weather, i have had much more "problems" with delays because of weather in AMS than LHR. Both are preferred airports on my account though.
Life is like a book. If you don't travel, you only read one page.

Cubsrule

Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:22 pm

Quoting USAirALB (Reply 32):

I used to love connecting in PIT, it was clean and new. Sadly I cannot connect there anymore. I remember flying on a 762 to LA from PIT.

PIT must be one of the easiest places to connect these days... if your connection still exists.

A couple of people have mentioned MIA, but it's getting much better. I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel there, and online connections no longer require clearing security which is a plus.

The worst must be PHL... it's just seemingly not built for connections. ORD has a similar problem, though at least the AA operation there is more compact, and UA is better than it was now that it has shrunk somewhat.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

YULYMX

Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:28 pm

I love ORD if its with same airlines alliances...

Connection in YYZ can be difficult with Air Canada

kataline80

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:21 pm

In my oppinion the worst airport for connecting flights is CDG. I was changing planes from WAW to HKG at CDG. I had to run to a different terminal, wait again in a long line to get a CX boarding pass, 4 of my travel fellows (we were a group of 44) did not come on the plane, because of overbooking (ok this could be a problem caused by CX and not by airport staff)... But the most amaizing thing was - that our luggage got lost somewhere at CDG and four suitcases of our friends who did not take that flight because of overbooking have arrived at HKG airport Sad Paris airport = big mess

iairallie

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:31 pm

LHR hands down. I loathe it. The only thing I like about LHR are the Marks and Spencer grocery stores. It is nice to have healthy tasty food choices in an airport.

JFK isn't too bad.

United at ORD could be a pain sometimes. They are so spread out there the walk can be pretty significant.

IST can be annoying if you are going from the nice international area to the domestic. Love those hole in the ground toilets and the ticketing is overly complicated. First time we connected there my company did not allot enough time for the paper ticketing nonsense and connection.
Enough about flying lets talk about me!

HT

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:27 pm

Quoting Kataline80 (Reply 46):
Kataline80 From Poland, joined today!, 1 posts, RR: 0

Welcome on A.net !

I was changing planes from WAW to HKG at CDG. I had to run to a different terminal, wait again in a long line to get a CX boarding pass, 4 of my travel fellows (we were a group of 44) did not come on the plane, because of overbooking (ok this could be a problem caused by CX and not by airport staff)...

Too bad on your experience. This clearly was bad handlng by CX skipping 4 pax from a group from a flight. They should have had this information and kept the travelling group together.

Paris airport = big mess

Once the new T2G is operational (and satellite S4) connecting on AF (or SkyTeam) at CDG presumable will be much less hassle compared to the situation now and some time ago.
I for myself, am willing to give CDG & AF credit. If they spoil it, they will move down my internal ranking again.
-HT

PGNCS

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:36 pm

Quoting Woody71 (Thread starter):
JFK was a pain to connect through but that was many years ago.

It still is, and is my least favorite. Also in the running are PHL, ORD, and CDG.