jcchristie
Topic Author

Favorite Airline...UA Or AA?

Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:16 am

Which one OUT OF THESE TWO ONLY is your favorite? UA or AA?

I'm from Fort Worth, TX, so it is a no brainer for me...I like AA...cause they are just better than everyone else!

bbinn333

RE: Favorite Airline...UA Or AA?

Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:40 am

Quoting Jcchristie (Thread starter):

AA
(I find the people at UA mean)
Go MCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VS, WN, DL, F9, CO, AA, US, VS, AC, AS, BA,

September11

Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:44 pm

For me, it's ...................................

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Sean Norman

Airliners.net of the Future

eicvd

Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:54 pm

Ive never flown either but i'll chose AA on the basis they fly to DUB & UA dont.
COYBIB

fly707

Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:22 pm

I'll chose AA.

THX.
Without mistakes we will never learn

DesertAir

Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:59 am

Years ago when I lived in California I flew UA alot. They were like the home town favorite. Later on I began flying AA and liked them alot. I prefer AA.

PHXmd80

Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:37 am

Im going to be different and say UA, which is true. I think UA offers a better all around product. My favorite airport to connect through, however, is DFW.

PHXmd80

WESTERN737800

Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:31 pm

Depends on where you live I'm goin with UA. Up here in South Dakota AA and AE have started and stopped service to FSD more than once where UA has maintened a constant presence over the years.
Bring back Western Airlines!

Transpac787

Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:44 pm

AA forever!!

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Dan Brownlee

rwsea

Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:01 am

Neither is my choice, but if I had to choose it would be UA. They have better worldwide coverage, as opposed to AA which dominates Latin America but otherwise it's pretty much just LHR and NRT.

UA is strong on the west coast, has E+, a superior first class, and a better alliance. They seem to be leading the charge to the bottom lately, but I'd still pick them over AA anyday.

HA_DC9

Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:41 am

Only recently have I started flying AA as I usually flew UA. I must say that my preference has shifted to AA. I seem to have gotten much better service lately on AA. Of course that is based on only the flights that I have taken. On a side note, powerports in coach is a plus (AA) for my flights to and from Hawaii!  thumbsup 

tams747

Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:17 am

Defiantly AA, I think UA has been poorly managed for years now. I hope UA does not go under but it seems like they are falling slowly. I think its strange how the US legacies have had such a hard time adapting to the market. Regardless both are pretty bad.... unfortunately
GEFT. We do this together.

Longhornmaniac

Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:40 am

AA.

10-3 AA

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

ACDC8

Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:09 am

I've never flown on AA, but would like to try them out one day. I haven't been on UA in quite a few years, so I'm gonna have to take a trip with both of them soon and make a decision then .... Big grin
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

Delta767300ER

Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:58 pm

I'm a Delta man but prefer AA over UA. I prefer AA's fleet, and route structure over UA's. I have also had very good experiences flying with AA. I have been upgraded free of charge several times w/ out a problem, F/A's have been very helpful and polite for the most part, and the Admirals Club is great. I just wish they would open one at MCO.

The only strike I have against AA has to do with employment. I applied in April for the F/A position with American Eagle and they flew me to DFW for my interview. The process was great and they offered me the job. The next week they flew me to MIA for my medical review. I passed that w/ out a problem and was scheduled to report to training in DFW in July. 3 weeks before training began, HR called me and advised due to the financial state of the airline, they had suspended hiring and put me in the pool for 6 months. I was more bummed out than angry though.

In the mean time, I will continue to fly AA when they work out for me better than Delta. Also, A-300's rock!

-Delta767300ER

ayubogg

Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:49 am

I've never flown AA but I have flown UA several times domestically and to Mexico. I really find UA to be great in terms of US legacy carriers.

Sure they have recently hit rough air but I trust they can only go up from here. I would hate to see UA go under. Their service on board in Y is very good IMO and just yesterday I got back from a trip to NYC and flew UA from SFO on their p.s. flights and even though I flew Y+ it was superb!!! The F/A's were very friendly and professional and most important, they offered a personal service.

Also, on the ground they are very good and officially I have become a fan since the ground crew in SFO was amazing. I gave my seat up for my over-booked flight, waited five hours for the next one, and I got a free round trip domestic ticket!!! I got to spot European arrivals and departures in SFO and got a free ticket, that's a win-win to me.

I only had trouble with UA once when they lost my bags on my way to MEX and then again on my way back. I only had to wait a day though to have them delivered to my doorstep in both cases.

I don't see myself flying to Asia or Europe with UA in Y any time soon but I surely will consider them for domestic and North America travels. And I am open to trying AA, but I have yet to encounter a reasonable fare anywhere with them (and I have tried).

Still, CO rules the US skies for me, now if only they had Channel 9...... that would be the perfect US domestic carrier.

-Ayubogg
Alba gu bràth

RedTailDTW

Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:21 pm

Even though my favorite and #1 most used is Northwest, American is #2 in the list of my most used airlines and they have really treated me well over the years. I have no complaints about their service and that would be why they are my #2.

AA for me!

Mason
Airlines Flown: AA, B6, CO, HP, MQ, NW, RP, UA, US, WN, YX / Aircraft Flown: 737-200/300/700/800, 757-200/300, 777-200, A319/A320/A321, DC-9-30/50, DC-10-40, ERJ 140/145, E170, MD80/83/90

dfwmzuri

Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:58 pm

I live near DFW so for me it's AA. I also like their website and the OneWorld network.

MTSUATC

Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:02 pm

I have non-revved on both airlines for years. Only recently have I started purchasing tickets. Since I've been living in OKC for a while I've been using AA since their the cheapest to BNA. And I don't mind AA. Domestically I would say they are about the same in terms of service. Both are hit and miss with nice flight attedants. And I'm so freaking tired of the same old MD-80 on AA. My vote would be for UA domestically and internationally. UA has a more extensive route structre domestically and internationally, and they also have a more diverse fleet. So UA.

flymia

Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:29 pm

Being from Miami and having about 60% of my lifetime flights being on AA I have to pick them. I always like UA and still do but its AA for me.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

Soxfan

Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:19 am

I prefer AA, though I've flown it more than UA. They're usually on schedule or very close to schedule (greetings, FlyGlobespan!), and while I usually fly the 757 and some of them are on the shabbier side, the seats (both in coach and first) are for the most part comfortable, the flights attendants friendly and/or professional, and haven't lost baggage. I flew them twice internationally to EZE and LHR; the EZE flight was overnight on a 767, but the check-in agent "upgraded" me to the mini-cabin at the front of coach, which I found to be very different from the big back section. LHR flights were during the day on clean and seemingly-new 777s, and looking past the inedible breakfast, the seats were very comfortable and the PTVs a welcome addition.

I personally don't have much against UA, however my dad flew them transcontinental in an A320 (coach) and he told me it was as uncomfortable a flight as he's ever had: seats rock hard and he couldn't even use his computer due to the lack of space in front of him. (He said the 757 going the other way was a lot more comfortable).

Flying primarily out of Logan (BOS), I guess it comes down to where I'm going since no single airline dominates, which appears to be a good thing!
Pilot: "Request push, which way should we face?" JFK Ground: "You better face the front, sir, or you'll scare the pax!"

LipeGIG

Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:53 am

I'm in New York so... AA !!!!!!
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

LAXintl

Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:55 am

As an elite flyer on both domestically they are pretty interchangeable for me just depends where I am going and the schedules being offered, however internationally its UA (and Star partners) by a far margin.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

fbm3rd

Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:57 am

First flight ever was UA.

Still prefer UA over all others!!!

FM

B747forever

Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:44 am

Have not flown with either one, but still my chose is AA
Work Hard, Fly Right

ual757

Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:59 am

UA...Duh!

Im not AAL757 for a reason!  Wink

fxramper

Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:37 pm

Sorry Scottie, I love AA.  airplane 

RussianJet

Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:05 pm

I prefer walking (and swimming, if needs be).
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

vhqpa

Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:49 am

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 27):
I prefer walking (and swimming, if needs be).

checkmark 
My thoughts exactly.

However as a non native having never flown either carrier before I'd lean more towards AA with the basis purely on the branding alone but to answer your question Neither Carrier is my "Favourite Airline"

I'd rather fly CO, DL, AS, WN, B6 before I even considered AA or UA.

Vhq
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"