AKLDELNonstop
Topic Author

Do I Have A Valid Complaint Against 9W?

Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:45 pm

Here's what happened,

I bought a ticket online from the 9W website on the following route.

29th December 08 - DEL - BOM - MCT
5th January 09 - MCT - BOM - DEL

This itinerary suited me well because I wanted a stopover in BOM on my return. While booking the ticket, when you click under fare rules, it said "Stopover permitted in one direction".

On the 21st of Dec, while flying HYD - DEL (on a separate airline), I went to the 9W office at HYD airport and asked if I could get a stopover at BOM and fly to DEL on the 6th instead of the 5th. She made the changes for me and said it's all done. I made the mistake of not getting a confirmation printed from her.

While flying from DEL on 29th Dec, I went to the 9W office at DEL domestic to get an updated print out. There the lady told me, that no stopover has been added. Furthermore, she told me that a stopover is not possible due to the fare class. When I told her what happened previously, she casually remarked,
" HYD has made a mistake, I can't make another mistake on top of this."

So I told her about the information given on the website regarding stopovers, but she would still not help and was quite rude, insisting that I call the call center, and not waste her time.

Anyway this issue was resolved by the 9W office in MCT (with me just having to pay the additional BOM airport taxes).

My gripe is with the lady at the 9W office in DEL airport , who I thought was extremely unprofessional. Being shouted at as a customer and being told, "Don't waste my time." is certainly a first for me.

My question is do I have a valid complaint, or is this the standard 9W generally likes to set?

Regards
AKL

PS - 9W inflight service was very good.

CXfirst

RE: Do I Have A Valid Complaint Against 9W?

Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:38 am

If you feel that it is necessary, send an email with the name of the employee and file a complaint. You should be able to find the email address for complaints on their home page. But honestly, I don't think much will happen if you complain.

-CXfirst

Elite

Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:19 am

I think you have a valid complaint... the way she treated you was inexcusable. Don't let her get away with it.

AKLDELNonstop
Topic Author

Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:40 pm

Thanks for the replies. Will be sending off an email to Jet.

PanAm747

Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:34 pm

You have the evidence to back up your claim - and if an employee "cannot be bothered" to do what the website says, then that employee should be written up/disciplined (at the VERY least) or fired (at the worst).

However, I bet you will ALWAYS be getting confirmation of the changes from now on!!  Wink
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!