Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

[email protected]
Topic Author

US MIA-CLT-LGW - Flight Time Changed

Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:15 pm

I am going to Miami in May on business (in Y). U.S. has just changed my flight time, so I will now have only 1h 19m to connect in CLT to LGW. Is this sufficient? I am somewhat concerned as it does, of course, only have 1x daily CLT-LGW. I have been given a phone number to call if I wish to change the flight, but would I be charged to change?

Thanks.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

APYu

RE: US MIA-CLT-LGW - Flight Time Changed

Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:14 pm

They should hold the LGW connection for you (for a short time if necessary). I had around 1hr 25 mins to do the same connection and it was ample. CLT is an easy airport for connecting.
We'd like to welcome in particular our Executive Club members and those joining us from our Oneworld alliance partners.

Cubsrule

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:17 pm

Quoting [email protected] (Thread starter):
Is this sufficient?

Provided the MIA flight is within 45 minutes of being on time, yes. It's no more than a 15 minute walk (and it might be as little as 3-4 minutes).

I have been given a phone number to call if I wish to change the flight, but would I be charged to change?

No.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

[email protected]
Topic Author

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:33 pm

Thanks folks.

Whenever I have connected in the U.S. I have always been on international flights, so, say, LGW-EWR-MEX and PTY-EWR-LHR. I have never connected from a domestic flight to an international flight, so MIA-CLT-LGW. (I have 6 flights on US before May which will change this.)

So, when I arrive in CLT from MIA, would I simply go to the gate for the LGW flight?

Thanks for your help!
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

phlstudent

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:36 pm

Quoting [email protected] (Reply 3):
So, when I arrive in CLT from MIA, would I simply go to the gate for the LGW flight?

Yup, just walk to the next gate. an hour 19 minutes is more than enough time in CLT, there shouldn't be any problems with winter weather either. Worst comes to worst, if you miss the LGW flight, ask to be put on the next flight to PHL and then the PHL flight to LHR that leaves around 11:00 PM.

burnsie28

Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:05 pm

am going to Miami in May on business (in Y). U.S. has just changed my flight time, so I will now have only 1h 19m to connect in CLT to LGW. Is this sufficient? I am somewhat concerned as it does, of course, only have 1x daily CLT-LGW. I have been given a phone number to call if I wish to change the flight, but would I be charged to change?

Plenty of time, and I am sure that US will tout their #1 ontime of the big six as no worries.

Quoting [email protected] (Reply 3):

Yes, luckily in the US we don't have to pull the same crap as elsewhere, and there are no holding rooms etc that you have to go to, you could walk up to the gate right before they wanted to board, or leave the gate area as they are boarding to grab some food quick etc. Some Canadian (most) flights into the US connecting do the same, because you pre-clear customs in Canada.

thegman

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:10 pm

Quoting Phlstudent (Reply 4):

Yup, just walk to the next gate. an hour 19 minutes is more than enough time in CLT, there shouldn't be any problems with winter weather either. Worst comes to worst, if you miss the LGW flight, ask to be put on the next flight to PHL and then the PHL flight to LHR that leaves around 11:00 PM.

That would not exactly work, because right now CLT-LGW departs at about 9 pm. Missing that would not leave enough time to get to PHL before 11 pm.

APYu

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:51 pm

You'll have time to sit down in one of the lovely rocking chairs in the departure lounge
We'd like to welcome in particular our Executive Club members and those joining us from our Oneworld alliance partners.