MEACEDAR
Topic Author

Question About Checking-In

Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:49 am

Dear a.netters,

I have a friend who is traveling from MCO-BEY via ATL and CDG in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, he could not find a certain flight that he wanted when trying to search from MCO, however, he did when he booked from ATL. Saying this, he had to buy another ticket from MCO to ATL with DL. The ATL-CDG-BEY part will be operated by AF and ME. Can DL check his bags in all the way to BEY from MCO. I know that I did this a couple of time, myself, however it was the UA and ME. Does it work with DL/AF/ME?

HT

RE: Question About Checking-In

Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:10 pm

Quoting MEACEDAR (Thread starter):
Can DL check his bags in all the way to BEY from MCO.

Yes, this should be possible (have both e-tickets readily available); only reluctant PSA's could pose a problem.
DL at MCO should also be able to issue Boarding Passes for the second ticket (ATL-CDG-BEY), meaning that your friend would not have to care for anything at ATL.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

pilotboi

Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:03 pm

Quoting HT (Reply 1):
Yes, this should be possible (have both e-tickets readily available); only reluctant PSA's could pose a problem.
DL at MCO should also be able to issue Boarding Passes for the second ticket (ATL-CDG-BEY), meaning that your friend would not have to care for anything at ATL.

I'd say the complete opposite. Since the flights are not on the same PNR (itinerary), they can not be tagged all the way through. And also, since they are international flights AND not on the same PNR, boarding passes can not be issued at MCO. That's just how my airline works. Surprisingly, I'm not sure what the policy over at DL is.

HT

Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:18 pm

Quoting Pilotboi (Reply 2):
I'd say the complete opposite. Since the flights are not on the same PNR (itinerary), they can not be tagged all the way through. And also, since they are international flights AND not on the same PNR, boarding passes can not be issued at MCO. That's just how my airline works. Surprisingly, I'm not sure what the policy over at DL is.

No idea which airline you work for, but CO checking me in for a flight from AUS to IAH while chatting realized that I intended to connect onto a KL-flight to AMS (and HAJ) on a different PNR and offered on their own to check-thru my luggage (discarding the slips already wrapped around the handles of my luggage) and issued all 3 BPs (originating from 2 PNRs) ...
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

david21487

Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:46 am

Since the flights are not on the same PNR (itinerary), they can not be tagged all the way through.

OAL flight segments can be built into PNR's for the purpose of checking bags through to the final destination.
-- Step! Jump! Slide! --

StarAC17

Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:57 pm

It should be fine. I had a similar incident when on Feb 11 AA 1553 from YYZ-LAX was canceled which I was on to catch QF 108 LAX-SYD later that night. AA put me on AC 739 to SFO followed by QF 74 to SYD and they were able to check my suitcase through to SYD but it was a hassle because everything changed on me. If you have both tickets this shouldn't be an issue/.

What he will need to do is might have check in again to get the proper boarding passes, which without luggage can be done at a kiosk or online so you will not have to put up with a line that could jeopardize making a connection.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

BMED

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:26 pm

Since the flights are not on the same PNR (itinerary), they can not be tagged all the way through

I always thought the same but once booked last year two seperate flybe flights SOU-MAN MAN-GLA and when at SOU the agent said he could check my bags all the way through. I guess it depends who is on the check in desk
Living the jetset life! No better way to be