Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

767AV
Topic Author

E-CHECK IN Avianca

Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:42 pm

Hello all:

I´m have a trip next week from Bogota to Bucaramanga with Avianca. I´d like to use their e-Check in system for the first time.

I have a couple of questions.

- Once I have printed my boarding pass should I go straight to the assigned gate?
- Can I check in online 24 hours before the flight?
- Can I choose my seat?
- Should I bring any other document? I´m asking that because in the AV web page it says that you must bring your ID, the boarding pass (3 copies) and the invoice signed by the titular of the credit card. In my case I don´t have any invoice because I bought the ticket online and with the credit card of another person. so I don´t know what should I do. I only have the invoice that they sent me to my e-mail after I bought the ticket. Please note that I´m only taking hand luggage.

So if anyone of you have used the e-check in please let me know your comments.

Regards,

767AV

AA300B

RE: E-CHECK IN Avianca

Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:00 am

I just flew Continental PBI-IAH-LAX and back, and I was able to check in 24 hours before departure on all my flights, choose my seats ( front row of economy on a full 753 thanks to the e-check in), and as I was travelling with only hand luggage, I only went to the airport and headed directly to the gate.

About the credit card invoice, I'm not sure how that really works, but I'm sure Avianca will facilitate you what Continental did for me.

AA300B
E145, E170, E190, A310, A300, A319, A320, A321, A330, A340, A380, 717 727, 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, 77W, 787