ORDagent
Topic Author

Connections At PHL MUC FRA

Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:25 am

On the 14'th of April I will be taking US ORD-PHL-MUC-TXL. The routing isn't great but the price of the ticket with a return FRA-PHL-ORD was only $436.95! I've never connected via PHL or the new T1 at MUC.

Does anybody have any sage advice particularly about PHL? I have two hours at PHL. I'm not sure If I'm checking bags or not. I've heard that the bag situation at PHL is pretty bad. Is that fact or Fiction? I also read the walk from A to C (which the flights tend to be at according to US) is really long?

Is the C concourse finished at FRA?

Any advice?

MSYPI7185

RE: Connections At PHL MUC FRA

Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:50 am

2 hours should be more than enough time. Baggage handling has definitely improved lately. I have connected internationally before and had no problems with connecting time or baggage in PHL and that is when things were not so great.

Enjoy your trip.

Late MD

rafflesking

Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:20 pm

Quoting ORDagent (Thread starter):
I also read the walk from A to C (which the flights tend to be at according to US) is really long?

I've always had easy and fast immigration experiences when reentering through PHL. 2 hours won't be an issue for your bags - especially when connecting to a mainline flight. My bag issues have mostly occured when I've flown a leg on RJs which departs from Terminal F, which takes even 5 minutes by shuttle bus airside.

Your US domestic mainlline flight will depart from either terminal B or C - both of which aren't terrible walks. There are moving walkways between the concoures anyway, and a considerable sized shopping mall between B and C.

HT

Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:36 pm

the new T1 at MUC.

US (and *A) use (new) Terminal 2 at MUC.
Nothing to worry about for making the connection.
Your luggage will be checked-thru all the way to TXL; no need / no chance to retrieve it at MUC.
While you clear immigration at MUC, you will clear customs at TXL.
Is the C concourse finished at FRA?

Yes from what I have heard, but at FRA there is always some construction work going on ... .D
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !