david2u86
Topic Author

Help With My LHR-SIN Flight?

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:37 pm

hello all on the site!

First a cliche,
I have been watching the forums for years and looking at great photographs on this site but have never joined untill this afternoon. I do not fly as often as anyone else as i do have a slight fear but this Website has put me so much at ease!

I am due to fly to singapore on the 23/09/09 on flight QF3346 and return on the 28/09/09 on QF3345 i have a few questions for anyone who cares to answer really,

Why when i look this flight up it is operated by British Airways (BA011) i think as it says on my itinary?

And if so by BA why am i leaving from T4 when i assumed all BA flights were from T5?

Also i have booked through Expedia as it was a package and wanted to upgrade my seat to premium economy they said it was full but when i asked about exit row seats they say they can not help and just have to wait untill i check in?

Many thanks to anyone who can help and any info on flight would be greatly received

YYZRWY23

RE: Help With My LHR-SIN Flight?

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:50 pm

First off, Welcome to A.net! 10 minutes ago, cool!

Quoting David2u86 (Thread starter):
Why when i look this flight up it is operated by British Airways (BA011)

I am very sure it is a codeshare, QF can sell tickets on the flight but it is operated by BA.

wanted to upgrade my seat to premium economy

Call up BA and ask them if you can do it. You can also inquire about this at check-in.

asked about exit row seats they say they can not help and just have to wait untill i check in

A lot of airlines do not release exit row seats until the day of departure, it is has been my experience, but I do not know the reason (if there is one).

Happy Travels!

YYZRWY23

[Edited 2009-09-02 08:50:39]
If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

LHRjc

Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:18 pm

Quoting YYZRWY23 (Reply 1):
I am very sure it is a codeshare, QF can sell tickets on the flight but it is operated by BA.

Yes, correct, it is indeed!

And if so by BA why am i leaving from T4 when i assumed all BA flights were from T5?

BA fly out of T3 and T4 still at the moment as well as T5.

Also i have booked through Expedia as it was a package and wanted to upgrade my seat to premium economy they said it was full but when i asked about exit row seats they say they can not help and just have to wait untill i check in?

I've just looked in the system and this flight is rammed. There's actually only 1 seat available to book for the BA11 on that date and it's in World Traveller (Economy).

It's being operated by a 747-400, with the following capacities:
FIRST: 14
Club World:52
World Traveller Plus: 36
World Traveller: 235

There are also 3 BA staff listed on standby for this flight so with the current loads it will be totally full. Of course people with flexible tickets could change flights freeing up seats in that cabin, or there could be missed connections or no shows, so who knows, but all but 1 seats are definitely sold.

As for the exit rows, at this time only BA Executive Gold and Silver members can choose these, as they can choose their seats at booking time (along with families travelling with babies so they can get the bulkhead seats). Everyone else can choose their seats at 24 hours before the flight when online check in opens.

Your return flight is operated by BA too as the BA012. This is being operated by a 747-400 High-J with the following configuration:

FIRST (F): 14
Club World (J): 70
World Traveller Plus (W): 30
World Traveller (Y): 185

There are seats available on this flight as follows:

F: 0
J: 6
W: 5
Y: 7

So you may be able to upgrade this sector depending on the type of ticket you have purchased.

I hope that helps. If you need more information let me know. Have fun in SIN!

[Edited 2009-09-02 13:21:28]
"Our 319's are very reliable. They get fixed very quickly."

david2u86
Topic Author

Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:10 pm

Great help Guys im going to have loads of fun on this site!

any ideas as to the registration of the aircraft?

AirbusA6

Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:07 pm

As the Singapore Grand Prix is that weekend, I'm not surprised the plane will be rammed!

The BA/QF codeshare flights to SIN, BKK and Australia are currently in T4 (the last BA flights there), but will move to T3 at the end of October - LHR terminals are quite confusing at the moment, as airlines are shuffled around...
it's the bus to stansted (now renamed National Express a6 to ruin my username)