Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

767-300ER
Topic Author

CO Fares To GRU

Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:47 am

I am going to travel IAH-GRU-IAH Dec 3-19, unfortunately my days are not flexible. Currently the fare is $1362.00, how long should I wait to purchase the ticket, or should I purchase now and pay that fare. I have usually paid around 900 for the ticket. I am needing some advice, should I purchase the fare as is, or should I wait until closer to departure date to see if it drops any?

Thanks

LipeGIG

RE: CO Fares To GRU

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:12 am

Quoting 767-300ER (Thread starter):
I am going to travel IAH-GRU-IAH Dec 3-19, unfortunately my days are not flexible. Currently the fare is $1362.00, how long should I wait to purchase the ticket, or should I purchase now and pay that fare. I have usually paid around 900 for the ticket. I am needing some advice, should I purchase the fare as is, or should I wait until closer to departure date to see if it drops any?

December is a very busy month both ways. In my view even if you wait, CO will not reduce the fare, because the demand to GRU from IAH (O&D) is more limited now and they probably are trying to improve the yield. The same fare class to GIG costs US$ 400 less (GIG has a 764 and GRU a 762) but for sure GIG performs very well with last minute due to oil / energy demand.
You have the option to fly to GIG and then go to CGH, it will cost you less, and probably by December JJ will be code-sharing CO, which also means more miles.

Also, i would not wait as demand from Brazil keep recovering very fast (today BRL vs US$ rate went down to 1.77 which means even more Brazilians could visit the US)
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

flyiguy

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:12 am

UA on those dates is 1091.20 plus tax connecting thru ORD...dont know if thats a better price with a different carrier ?

Just my 0.02
The opinions I post are of mine and mine alone, not of the airline I work for.

flyiguy

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:15 am

Just checked others too, AA is 1156.00, and DL is 1677.00 plus tax for both...

Just my 0.02
The opinions I post are of mine and mine alone, not of the airline I work for.

767-300ER
Topic Author

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:20 am

How long should I wait before deciding to go ahead and purchase? A friend at CO said the flight is only booked to about 25 out of 149 in coach. At what point should I go ahead and purchase?

Thanks for the feedback, but it would need to be on CO only because the flight departs 9pm and I need that full day at work, for the other airlines I would need a full day off of work.

Thanks again.

LipeGIG

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:37 am

Quoting 767-300ER (Reply 4):
Thanks for the feedback, but it would need to be on CO only because the flight departs 9pm and I need that full day at work, for the other airlines I would need a full day off of work.

Thanks again.

Just to let you know.
The option IAH-GIG-CGH / CGH-GIG-IAH would cost you US$ 901 to CO and around US$ 130 to G3.

Quoting 767-300ER (Reply 4):
How long should I wait before deciding to go ahead and purchase? A friend at CO said the flight is only booked to about 25 out of 149 in coach. At what point should I go ahead and purchase?

It's hard to say because December is a busy month, and Dec 19 very close to Xmas.
As i mentioned, looks like an atempt to improve yields.
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !