Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AIR MALTA
Topic Author

BA Shuttle Catering!

Tue May 18, 2010 11:12 am

I am planning to book a BRU-LHR-EDI and back in August. I know the catering can be really good at on peak times.
Last time I flew LHR-EDI 21:00 service, we had a really good dinner (salmon salade, sticky toffee, etc...).

I know that some services have only refreshments so I would like to make sure I avoid those. Does the 18:25 LHR-EDI service has full catering?
Next flights : BRU-ZRH-CAI (LX)/ BRU-FCO-TLV (AZ)

offloaded

RE: BA Shuttle Catering!

Tue May 18, 2010 11:30 am

I flew BA LGW MAN in J recently and we got a cup of tea and a cereal bar. That was the 10.00am departure.
To no one will we sell, or deny, or delay, right or justice - Magna Carta, 1215

vv701

Tue May 18, 2010 11:42 am

Here is what BA have to say on their web site about catering on their domestic flights:

"Our professional and highly trained crew will be pleased to offer you complimentary food and drink, perfectly suited to the time of day and length of your flight.

"On our early morning flights you can enjoy a hot breakfast with coffee and tea. Complimentary snacks and drinks are served throughout the rest of the day.

"On Domestic flights to and from London Heathrow, we offer a complimentary drinks service mid-morning and mid-afternoon."

Not entirely explicit unless you travel at breakfast time. But it suggests you get at least something to eat as well as drink around lunch and dinner time.

APYu

Tue May 18, 2010 11:44 am

Quoting offloaded (Reply 1):
I flew BA LGW MAN in J recently and we got a cup of tea and a cereal bar. That was the 10.00am departure.

Everyone gets the same on these flights. The J is irrelevant. the only 'meals' if you can call them that are at breakfast times - normally the hot baguette. At all other times its Birdseed or Cookie

[Edited 2010-05-18 04:45:37]
We'd like to welcome in particular our Executive Club members and those joining us from our Oneworld alliance partners.

MYT332

Tue May 18, 2010 12:08 pm

Quoting APYu (Reply 3):
At all other times its Birdseed or Cookie

Birdseed now upgraded to Birdseed V2.0 'Dormen's Savoury Cocktail Assortment'. Cookie changed to 2x Rocky bars.

Ain't it Lovely....

[Edited 2010-05-18 05:10:07]
One Life, Live it.

AIR MALTA
Topic Author

Tue May 18, 2010 3:04 pm

Quoting APYu (Reply 3):
Everyone gets the same on these flights. The J is irrelevant. the only 'meals' if you can call them that are at breakfast times - normally the hot baguette. At all other times its Birdseed or Cookie

Did the shuttle catering change from last year. On the LHR-EDI 21:00 service, I got a nice dinner.

APYu

Tue May 18, 2010 3:16 pm

All except the breakfasts got scrapped on all shorthaul. It was quite a big announcement at the time
We'd like to welcome in particular our Executive Club members and those joining us from our Oneworld alliance partners.

AIR MALTA
Topic Author

Tue May 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Quoting APYu (Reply 6):
All except the breakfasts got scrapped on all shorthaul. It was quite a big announcement at the time

I remember that announcement but I had the feeling that Scottish shuttle routes manged to keep a decent service level.