Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

aa777lvr
Topic Author

Delta.com Nrsa Enhancement

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:53 pm

In case you missed it, DL pass riders are now able to use their listing codes/booking codes to verify online (at delta.com) and print seat request cards (SRC) at home. I tried it last week and it avoided a kiosk stop all together. I printed a SRC at home and headed directly to the TSA checkpoint. For non-revs checking bags you can also specify the # of bags to check and head directly to bag-drop (from what I understand).

AA has had this for years (minus the bags)...quite a time savings. The nice thing about AA, if the flight was lightly booked (coach)...the NRSA check-in via JetNet (employee portal) would automatically issue you a seat assignment. This alleviated a lot of NRSA processing work for the gate agents.

I'm curious what type of technology has spread to the world of NRSA travel at other airlines?

-AA777LVR

thegman

RE: Delta.com Nrsa Enhancement

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:57 pm

US has had online printing of boarding passes for years too. No auto seat assignment for light loads though...

US also now has tabbed browsing of flights which makes it a lot easier to compare different dates, and alternate airports eg. NYC area and also alternate routings.

Cactus742

Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:28 pm

Quoting thegman (Reply 1):
US also now has tabbed browsing of flights which makes it a lot easier to compare different dates, and alternate airports eg. NYC area and also alternate routings.

US just rolled out its new Nonrev travel site, TravelUS, about a month ago. It's a huge improvement over the old site, allowing you to bookmark flights you want to track and giving a screen to track up to 10 flights at once. It's very helpful.

I can't scroll through screens on my smart phone though, which drives me crazy.
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

722 732/3/4/5/5/6/7/8/9 744 752/3 763 772/3 788/9 319 320 321 332/3 388 MD82/83/88/90 CR1/2/7/9 E140/145/170/175/190 DH8-1/3 Q400 S340

MSPNWA

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:36 pm

Quoting aa777lvr (Thread starter):
In case you missed it, DL pass riders are now able to use their listing codes/booking codes to verify online (at delta.com) and print seat request cards (SRC) at home.

I imagine for some that will be convenient. However I always used a kiosk at the airport. Only takes a minute. Better for me than fumbling with a printer at home.

The nice thing about AA, if the flight was lightly booked (coach)...the NRSA check-in via JetNet (employee portal) would automatically issue you a seat assignment.

NW's system had that ability. Very handy for the pass rider and the gate agents working the flight.

thegman

Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:54 am

Quoting Cactus742 (Reply 2):
I can't scroll through screens on my smart phone though, which drives me crazy.

Yes, they did make it harder on a phone.

I really hope someone, even if it is a side project for an employee will roll out a mobile version.

burnsie28

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:21 pm

AA has had this for years (minus the bags)...quite a time savings. The nice thing about AA, if the flight was lightly booked (coach)...the NRSA check-in via JetNet (employee portal) would automatically issue you a seat assignment. This alleviated a lot of NRSA processing work for the gate agents.

This was how it was at NW, except it used the regular NW site and not the employee portal to check in, non-revs could also choose their own seats if the system was going to allow them to have a seat at point of check in. Rumor has it that eventually the DL system for listing will go to the NW system where you select your priority at listing, this helps non-revs know where they stand etc. Since currently you select your priority and check-in this change would also allow for the system of assign seats ahead of time.

LONGisland89

Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:00 pm

The nice thing about AA, if the flight was lightly booked (coach)...the NRSA check-in via JetNet (employee portal) would automatically issue you a seat assignment. This alleviated a lot of NRSA processing work for the gate agents.

I love this. You can also pull up a seat map and change your seat if you where issued one (at the kiosk at least).

deltairlines

Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:06 am

Quoting Cactus742 (Reply 2):
US just rolled out its new Nonrev travel site, TravelUS, about a month ago. It's a huge improvement over the old site, allowing you to bookmark flights you want to track and giving a screen to track up to 10 flights at once. It's very helpful.

The only issue I have with the new site is that it can lag when entering city codes...a small complaint, but I prefer to type my codes in pretty quick.

united319

Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:08 pm

UA has been allowing check-in on united.com for NRSA's for a few years as well. Who knows what will happen with the integration of CO now. They have already re-structured the pass travel policy and fares for NRSA's have spiked quite a bit. It would be nice if UA would allow seats to be cleared in advance on light flights. I can see why they don't though. I've been on many flights where the morning of, the flight was looking good in all cabins. Then come departure time, First was sold out, Business Sold out, and Y only about 5 seats remaining on a 777 and this was not due to cancellations.
It's Time To Fly

thegman

Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Quoting DeltAirlines (Reply 7):
The only issue I have with the new site is that it can lag when entering city codes...a small complaint, but I prefer to type my codes in pretty quick.

It does tend to do that. I think it is because it is more of a search box similar to the regular site so that you don't have to know the code. Really slows things down for people that know the airport codes and are trying to do everything with only a keyboard like a real res terminal.