Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

YYZAMS
Topic Author

First Class Travel When There Are Two Of You?

Sat May 14, 2011 8:30 pm

I travel sometimes in first class but what do people do when they are travelling together in first class if they want to spend the flight together talking etc? Especially in some configurations it is very isolated?

Have a flight with my partner next year in and thinking of going first but worried we won't enjoy the flight together.

Cheers

CXfirst

RE: First Class Travel When There Are Two Of You?

Sun May 15, 2011 4:37 am

Route?

If you really want luxury, you could always try the SQ Suites on the A380, and get the middle two suites!

-CXfirst

fbgdavidson

RE: First Class Travel When There Are Two Of You?

Sun May 15, 2011 5:16 am

When my wife and I travel in F together we usually go for window seats one in front of the other on the 777 as it offers more personal space and we prefer control of the window and being able to look out of it. Sometimes we'll sit together for a meal, although we did that more when flying F together was more of a novelty...

On the 747 we'll either go for the first row as 1A and 1K (or whatever the airline calls it) are very close together, or we'll opt for the second row of seats back. Lots of personal space and there's a nice amount of floor area between you so you don't feel too claustrophobic.

We don't find the need to talk to one another, hold hands or whisper sweet nothings for an entire flight! For us flying F isn't unenjoyable because we're not seated right next to eachother.
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey