Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

airbalticfan
Topic Author

Knowing The Name Of The Captain Flying My Flight?

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:14 am

I have an upcoming flight on flight MSP-AMS on July 13th KL 6064 operated by Delta A330....
My Q .... Is there a way to know who is gonna be my Captain for this flight?
I know that these guys keep their airline in "secret " and I really dont know which airline they are flying for, I would love to experiance my flight knowing that my Captain is either Rand Peck,Clayton Taylor or Les Abend ( I suspect he fly for American ), but I do know that Clayton flies A330.....
I just admire all three of them and dont get me wrong, I admire all of the Captains, First Officers and the rest of the crew.....I just wanna know the name of my captain!  

PGNCS

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:27 am

Ask when you get onboard; they may tell you.

The airline is definitely not going to tell you in advance.

airbalticfan
Topic Author

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:37 am

Quoting PGNCS (Reply 1):
Ask when you get onboard; they may tell you.

The airline is definitely not going to tell you in advance.

I was just hoping that there is a way some of you may know...  and for sure, I will ask!

Type-Rated

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:57 am

You never really know until the actual date of the flight. The scheduled Captain may make a trip swap with another Captain, he may call in sick, he may be needed on another route, you never know.
Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

C767P

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:08 am

I believe that Clayton Taylor is a 330 FO. And Rand Peck was on the 757/767 but mentioned something about transferring to the 744 a few months ago. Both of them fly for DL, not too hard to figure out after reading them for a while.

falstaff

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:15 am

Quoting C767P (Reply 4):
I believe that Clayton Taylor is a 330 FO

I am pretty sure he is an FO. I have flown on NW/DL A330s several times and never had a the pleasure of having Mr. Taylor upfront.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

airbalticfan
Topic Author

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:27 am

Quoting C767P (Reply 4):
Both of them fly for DL, not too hard to figure out after reading them for a while.

I had my suspitions about that as well, so my odds are going up as my return flight is on DL 767!

Quoting falstaff (Reply 5):
I am pretty sure he is an FO. I have flown on NW/DL A330s several times and never had a the pleasure of having Mr. Taylor upfront.

Wish me a Very GOOD LUCK Sir! If I do fly with Rand or Taylor, I will do my best to take a pic with him and you guys are gonna be the first ones to know!   Looking forward for my flight!

maxpower1954

Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:57 am

Quoting Airbalticfan (Thread starter):
Les Abend ( I suspect he fly for American ), but I do know that Clayton flies A330.....

Yes, Les Abend the "Flying" magazine columnist does fly for American. Michael Maya Charles who preceded him flew for FedEx, and before that "Pro's Nest" author Thomas Block flew for USAir/Allegheny/Mohawk.

jwenting

RE: Knowing The Name Of The Captain Flying My Flig

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:10 am

I suspect a lot of people with less than honest intentions would just love to have such information...
Any airline that discloses it to outsiders should be stripped of their business license, and airline employee doing it arrested and thrown in jail for life without parole for causing a major security hazard.

Sheesh, a.nutters extreme, wanting now not only to "collect" aircraft they've flown but crewmembers as well?
I wish I were flying

andz

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:42 pm

The airlines I fly with (ALL of them) will announce before takeoff "welcome aboard flight XXX, the commander today is Captain Insert Name Here"
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

jwenting

Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:08 am

yes, but that's when you're on board. Here's someone who wants to know before he even goes to the airport who will be the crew.
If you can't see the security implications of that...
I wish I were flying

flymia

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:27 pm

Quoting Airbalticfan (Thread starter):
Les Abend

Yes it is pretty obvious what airline he flies for with the routes MIA-CDG, JFK-LHR, JFK-GRU etc.. His articles are my favorite aviation articles out there. That and "I learned a lot about flying that day".

Anyway the FA's will always say the names of the Captain and F/O before the flight. So I guess for Captain Abend get on as many AA 777s as possible.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

e38

Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:54 pm

Quoting C767P (Reply 4), "I believe that Clayton Taylor is a 330 FO. And Rand Peck was on the 757/767 but mentioned something about transferring to the 744 a few months ago."

Clayton Taylor is a Boeing 747-400 First Officer based at Detroit (DTW) and Rand Peck is a Boeing 747-400 Captain based at Detroit (DTW). Both Clayton Taylor and Rand Peck fly for Delta.

e38