fpetrutiu
Topic Author

Tarom, SkyTeam And Codeshares

Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:07 pm

Hello all,

I was just looking for tickets to Romania, from the US, and was on Tarom's website. I know that they are a SkyTeam member and have codeshares in place with AF to serve US routes. I had realized that it is impossible to book tickets on their site from the US, or many other SkyTeam destinations.

Please correct my thinking here because abviously it is wrong, but I always presumed that once a member of an alliance, you basically can book tickets on the alliance network (like a include-all codeshare network). This does not seems to be the case here.

Why would Tarom be part of ST if they cannot even accomodate US-Romania at all? How does ST benefit for having Tarom or Tarom from being in ST? I see that at Tarom, at least, is business as usual with the exception of Air Europa codeshare which they could have done on their own.
Florin
Orlando, FL

nostrum

RE: Tarom, SkyTeam And Codeshares

Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:04 pm

Isn't easier to book the flight straight from AF? I believe TR knows the number of people that would check their website for long haul flights would be very little. At least all the Romanians I know living in South Florida they book the flight straight from AF site and wouldn't even bother to check TR.

BTW, do they still have that policy of no "debit-cards"- only credit, I once tried to book a flight from CDG to OTP on TR and they only accept credit cards to book a flight.

fpetrutiu
Topic Author

RE: Tarom, SkyTeam And Codeshares

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:36 am

Quoting nostrum (Reply 1):
BTW, do they still have that policy of no "debit-cards"- only credit, I once tried to book a flight from CDG to OTP on TR and they only accept credit cards to book a flight.

I believe yes, but can process debit cards as credit as long as you have Visa or MC on it. It just makes no sense that they would not allow to book those flights on their site.
Florin
Orlando, FL