Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

theobcman
Topic Author

TLV Passport Stamps?

Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:59 pm

Dear All, hope someone can advise. Have just returned from TLV - work trip. Having arrived at 0500 and not taking much notice I now have a TLV arrival Immigration stamp & then when leaving the following day a departure stamp in my British passport. With a winter holiday to DXB booked and work trip to USA in October will I be facing problems into these destinations & also any other places worldwide that wont't like it ?

On a seperate point with only a flight time of 5 hours max LHR-TLV with LY 744 - this must be one of the shortest scheduled 744 routes around ?

Any help would be great
Rgds

rwsea

RE: TLV Passport Stamps?

Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:04 pm

There's no way you'd ever have a problem in the US with an Israeli stamp in your passport.

DXB used to be a problem, but apparently now it is not a problem at all. Still, it doesn't hurt to check with the consulate just to be safe. Recent internet searches on the subject say that Israeli stamps in DXB don't cause issues.

The biggest places where you'd have an issue would be Syria, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Libya, Iran, or Iraq. You'll definitely need a passport to go to any of these places. Bahrain, Oman, Qatar could potentially be a problem, but don't seem as strict as the above.

Note that having a lot of other Middle Eastern stamps will definitely lead to increased questions in the event that you return to TLV in the future.

Quoting theobcman (Thread starter):
On a seperate point with only a flight time of 5 hours max LHR-TLV with LY 744 - this must be one of the shortest scheduled 744 routes around ?

Back to aviation, yes, it's a short one, but there are quite a few other short ones too ... LHR-CAI on BA comes to mind, along with HKG-SIN on UA, among others.

Ferminios

Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:10 pm

You should have little problems with getting into the US with an Israeli stamp . In regards to the UAE, I believe that officially you should be able to enter the UAE with Israeli stamps. May be contact the embassy of the UAE or look at their website for more information to get an official confirmation about that  

Edit: rwSEA beat me to it. One more note, I have heard of denied entry due to an Israeli stamp in Oman, that's however 10 years ago and I don't know what the situation is now.

[Edited 2011-08-09 08:12:39]

denklug

Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:18 pm

I recently flew BKK-HKT on a TG 744.
denklug

sw733

Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:38 pm

Quoting Ferminios (Reply 2):
You should have little problems with getting into the US with an Israeli stamp

Little problems? Absolutely no problems. The US and Israel are very close. Just look at how many flights there are, nonstop, between the US and Israel...there wouldn't be if there was even the slightest chance of having problems with an Israeli stamp in your passport upon entering the US.

Quoting rwSEA (Reply 1):
DXB used to be a problem, but apparently now it is not a problem at all
Quoting rwSEA (Reply 1):
Bahrain, Oman, Qatar could potentially be a problem, but don't seem as strict as the above.

I have two passports because I am a dual citizen, but I ended up needing to use my US passport for a last minute trip to Muscat, Oman. This trip also involved a one-day stop in Dubai. My US passport also has my Israeli stamp in it. I had no issues in Oman, and just one question in the UAE - "What was the purpose of your trip to Israel?" I told them it was a holiday to visit a friend, which is the truth, and they seemed fine and let me in.

OA260

Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:38 pm

For the UAE you will be fine but not for many other Middle Eastern countries. When I went to Lebanon I had to get a new passport .

Quokka

Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:44 pm

Travelling to the US will present you with no problems whatever when you subsequently travel to the UAE.
Although immigration rules are a federal matter, DXB tends to be a bit more lax for the simple reason that it is seeking to boost tourism to fill all those hotels and resorts. Some people that I know have travelled to the UAE after having visited Israel without problems. However, I would strongly recommend contacting the UAE embassy before you travel as requirements can change.

TransIsland

Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:53 pm

CEB-MNL is also a B744, and being only 305nm, probably the shortest 747 route posted so far.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Michael Arcellana

I'm an aviation expert. I have Sky Juice for breakfast.

agrflyer

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:37 pm

What about entering Malaysia with an Israeli stamp in the passport? I have two of them in my passort and I am in the booking process for a trip to KUL?
July 2018, A3 C-Class ZRH-ATH-TLV-ATH-VIE
July 2018, OS C-Class VIE-ZRH
September 2018, ZRH-MXP-VIE-YYZ-LGA / JFK-VIE-ZRH on OS, LX and AC in Y and C

Quokka

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Quoting agrflyer (Reply 8):
I am in the booking process for a trip to KUL?

Advice, as always is to check with the competent authorities before travel - and that includes before booking. However I will add that I have never heard of anyone being refused entry because of an Israeli stamp. Israeli passport may be a different matter.

[Edited 2011-08-09 10:30:30]

HT

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:51 pm

What about entering Malaysia with an Israeli stamp in the passport? I have two of them in my passort and I am in the booking process for a trip to KUL?

No limitations mentioned on official site for German nationals, but it safely can be assumed that this will be same for most European nationals.
(compare info for like "Kuwait" in section "Visum" to see how limitations will look like).
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

MillwallSean

Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:10 am

I have been given a workvisa in Malaysia with a passport containing two Israeli stamps.
Malaysia is 60-40 in religions but the malays (muslim) tend to have all government jobs. I assume that Israeli stamps arent a problem since I never had an issue with my passport.
Ive also got about 50 Malaysians stamps and have never been asked about my Israeli stamps.
Most of them are from Malaysian Borneo though so that might be why.
East Malaysia is still much more openminded and liberal.
No One Likes Us - We Dont Care.

rwsea

Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:13 pm

Don't believe it's a problem. When I was in Malaysia they didn't look at any of my stamps. That said, I didn't have any Israeli stamps at the time.

theobcman
Topic Author

Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:40 pm

Dear All, thanks for all the info. I have asked an authority and will be fine entering DXB with Iraeli stamps. Might be a few questions at immigration but no problems.

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 7):

Your Right CEB-MNL is short on a 744

Quoting denklug (Reply 3):

Also a very short 744 flight

But both domestic - any short Intl 744 routes ? BA CAI sometimes a 744 & HKG-SIN, I guess TPE-to China mainland must have a few dailies - any more ?

CXA330300

Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:34 am

DXB should be OK; I think Israelis are even allowed to enter the UAE as long as they get prior permission (which requires a government letter and such). The USA should be fine.

If you travel a lot to both Israel and the Arab world it might be possible for you to get two separate passports; I know the US will allow it in some circumstances.
Home airport now: DCA/IAD

TransIsland

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:37 pm

Coming to think of it, I seem to remember that last September, LH scheduled a B744 for one of their FRA-TXL flights? 235nm

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Christopher Budde

I'm an aviation expert. I have Sky Juice for breakfast.