Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Avianca
Topic Author

Your Frequent Flyer Memberships...

Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:21 am

Hi all,

at what frequent flyer you are participating?

myself on

Delta (cant even remember the name of the product, and used it so far only for 1 lim-ams-lim KL flight).
Lan Pass (Elite Silver member, its the second highest status and have to say they have some nice perks, usefull for all other OneWorld Carrier)
LifeMiles of TA/AV (should still qualify this year for at least silver status, use them also for my flights on LH and future *alliance flights)
OnePass of CO (what is the new name after the merger with UA?) Used it at the past for LH flights and for CM flights, once CM and TA/AV are member of *alliance most probably I will quit OnePass and focus on LifeMiles.

So what programs are you member?

saludos
Avianca
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

747m8te

RE: Your Frequent Flyer Memberships...

Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:46 am

Qantas Frequent Flyer, Silver status (Oneworld ruby)

Haven't bothered with any other airlines frequent flyers, as i'm often on staff or industry discount tickets when work sends me either domestically or internationally...so there is little point. Qantas is the airline I fly most for my own travels when I pay full fare.
Flown on:
DHC8Q200,DHC8Q300,DHC8Q400, EMB145,E170,E175,E190, A319,A320,A321,A332,A333,A343,A380, MD80, B712,B733,B734,B737,B738,B743,B744,B744ER,B762,B763,B77W

jetblueguy22

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:26 am

My primary is Delta Skymiles. I fly them the most by far, kind of by default with two high tier medallion parents.
Some others Are AAdvantage (haven't used in years, do they expire?), Southwest Rapid Rewards, jetBlue trueblue. Pretty sure thats it. Not sure why have the extra ones I do. I hardly fly them but hey maybe one day I'll be switching airlines and can take advantage of some of the trips!
Blue
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

Airstud

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:31 am

small/LCC types:

jetBlue TrueBlue. I took B6 once in 2004, no complaints, but the points; they do expire after about 45 seconds.

Southwest Rapid(ly expiring) Rewards

Midwest Airlines; whatever their program was called; same for Frontier. I don't even know if whichever program these were converted into even has any miles o' mine left in it.

Real airlines  duck :

Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (but I only took AS once, in 1999)

Star Alliance: Aeroplan (see, you need only 35,000 Aeroplan miles in a year to get Star Alliance Gold; instead of 50K on United). Current balance is just over 80,000 miles

Skyteam: Delta SkyMiles. Never did sign up for it, but had a NW WorldPerks account which of course got converted. Usually don't end up taking Delta unless work puts me on them. Current balance is 34,000 ish.

oneworld: None. I haven't taken American Airlines since 1977; also it is highly likely that I will never take them in the future (and believe it or not, there isn't any negative "I'm never taking American again!" experience behind that - the story is a bit stranger). I am still trying to figure out which oneworld program to join, to bank whatever miles I might end up flying aboard BA, QF, CX, AY, EI, etc. LANPASS seems to me the most exotic, but I think you only accrue 25% (maybe 50%) of miles flown on non-LAN carriers. I keep hearing bad things about BA Executive Club as well... Which is the best non-AA oneworld ff program for North American residents?  

[Edited 2011-12-09 00:34:40]
Pancakes are delicious.

MadameConcorde

Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:46 am

United Million 1/2 ++ (paid) Miles flyer Lifetime Premier Executive Star Alliance Gold here.

Started in 1990 when things were worth it. United standard has seriously gone down hill and I don't expect it to get any better in the coming year. I am not looking forward to the merger taking effect. I have lost my old United to find a new Contin-ited. Old United members are being discarded to the benefit of Continental flyers.Forget op'upgrades, bonus miles not even decent treatment from cabin crew.

The new airline has slashed our benefits. Old loyal flyers are now being regarded as less value to them than the occasional flyer. I expect that in a year or two they will take away our access to the lounges which is really the only thing worthwile after all these years of loyalty and all the money spent. Now it's spend more and get less. Our years of loyalty with constant elite status 1K/1P are rendered value-less.

Better fly less, buy a full fare F ticket with the world's best airlines and get the best service. Frequent flyer programs don't mean nothing anymore. They don't reward loyalty the way they used to.
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

LOWS

Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:53 am

Lufthansa Miles&More Frequent Traveller (Star Silver) was hoping to make M&M Senator this year but I will probably fall

[Edited 2011-12-09 03:54:28]

BD338

Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:03 pm

I will have the following for 2012...

DL skymiles. Silver. 450k lifetime flightmiles.
WN Rapid Rewards A list preferred.
UA/CO mileage plus. Silver.
AA AAdvantage
B6 Trueblue

As Silver on a US legacy is near worthless, not even a pass to the fast lane at security checkpoint on DL, i can't say i see any real value to having those status levels.

VZLA787

Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:56 pm

AAdvantage, Platinum for about 5 yrs, and MillionMiler member (achieved this year before the change of the program).

I´m also a member of UA and CO, which are merging their programs (good or bad?).

I was also a member of DL, but I think those expired.

emirates202

Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:52 pm

Emirates Skywards- Gold
Delta SkyMiles- Diamond Medallion

Those are the airlines I fly most, EK and DL, usually in F. I stay loyal to them, unless they don't fly to where I need to go
Fly Emirates, Hello Tomorrow

Yflyer

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:21 pm

United Miles Plus -- The first frequent flier program I ever joined. Before that I had the attitude that I didn't fly all that much, so what's the point. Then I found myself flying on United fairly often and I realized there's really no reason not to sign up, and I might get a free flight out of it. This is the only program I ever got any sort of elite status in, albeit just barely, and the one I have the most miles in by far.

Continental OnePass -- Back when CO was still in Sky Team I flew on them to Europe once, so I figured I might as well sign up. Over the years I managed to have just enough activity to keep the miles from expiring, and they will soon be merged into my Miles Plus account.

Delta SkyMiles (Originally Northwest Worldperks) -- I signed up for this one when CO left SkyTeam. By that time I had become more savvy when it comes to airline alliances, and I figured I should have a frequent flier account with a SkyTeam airline. I went with NWA Worldperks because my parents live in the Upper Midwest, so I figured I'd probably be flying on Northwest at least somewhat regularly. So far this has been another one with just enough activity to keep the miles from expiring and hasn't really gotten me anything yet, but I figure as long as I continue to have some activity on it someday I'll at least get a free domestic flight, which is better than nothing.

JetBlue TrueBlue -- I decided to try B6 for a trip to New York once so I signed up, but I haven't had any reason to fly on them since and those miles have now expired. Technically I guess I still have the account, though.

WestJet747

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:42 pm

Aeroplan (AC) - I almost never fly AC or Jazz, but I collect quite a few points via partnership purchases such as Esso, etc.

My WestJet (WS) - Sometimes known simply as 'WestJet Frequent Guest Program'. I love the airline, but their awful loyalty program doesn't exactly inspire a lot of loyalty.

VIPorter (PD) - My favourite of the three that I have. Very basic, very generous, paying reduced fares don't affect your points whatsoever, amazing customer service.
Flying refined.

yowza

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:58 pm

I'm AC Aeroplan Elite and on VIPorter. I think I may lose Elite for '12 because of a booking class bollocks up flying back from AKL to LAX. Stupid W fare. Unless I can squeeze in 5120nm before Jan 1.   Mileage run anyone?

YOWza

fixfox

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:14 pm

Since I live close to AMS I frequently use AF/KL, so Flying Blue Platinum Elite.
Flying Blue is a constantly downgraded program, but there is still a bit of recognition when flying KL, especially at AMS where you receive the 'blue carpet' = fast track treatment, no matter why you fly in C or Y.
The contrary is with AF, no recognition at all from their side, no fast track when changing terminals at CDG when flying in Y, just lounge access. Old KL customers who are considered as spoiled and over demanding. (quoting AF customer care)
Alas, KLM brings me home directly....

I travel about every 6 weeks to the Middle-East hubbing through DXB, so EK Skywards Gold.
EK gives you reasonable recognition as respected customer.
I regularly receive upgrades from C to F, especially on the AMS-DXB-AMS flights.

BR., Aart

DesertAir

Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:43 am

I am active in three programs:
AA for summer international travel.
WN for my monthly SAN-SMF trip.
CO: miles from CO, AW and US flights over the years. I hope to use miles for a summer trip to Belize.

genybustrvlr

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:34 am

Primary:
UA Mileage Plus - 1K

Secondary:
DL Skymiles - Silver

Tertiary:
Virgin America Elevate
AA AAdvantage

byronicle6

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:57 am

I'm with

NZ Airpoints
SQ Krisflier
QF
MH Enrich
Virgins Velocity rewards
EK Skywards

Although the only one there is any point in for me anymore is SQ Krisflier, and potentially Skywards as I'm flying EK more often now. the rest are a waste of time at present for me

Used to fly QF long haul a lot when I was in primary school, but the point have either all been used up or expired,
Travel is my thing

Birdwatching

Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:06 pm

For Star Alliance, I'm with Lufthansa Miles&More. The miles add up rather quickly as I have their credit card (1 mile per EUR) and I get 900 miles each month for posting 9 TripAdvisor reviews.

Unfortunately Lufthansa Miles aren't worth a lot. When you redeem miles you have to pay additional fees almost as high as a deeply discounted ticket on the same route.

Soren   
All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home

NWADC9

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:05 pm

Delta SkyMiles is my main account, and includes my old Northwest WorldPerks account from the merger.

Midwest Miles used to be my main program, but after switching back to Northwest, it's pretty much been left to rot. Now it's Frontier EarlyReturns, and with Frontier pulling out of PIT next month, I have no use for it anymore.

Continental OnePass is there just in case I end up flying on Star Alliance.

Southwest Rapid Rewards because they had a promotion for four free points.

Virgin America eleVAte Founding Member just to become a Founding Member.
I get paid to convert dead dino juice into noise.

Coal

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:15 am

Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Gold
This is my main FF account. I used to be PPS, but unfortunately most of my flights now are short-haul, so I barely qualify for Gold.

Qatar Airways Privilege Club Burgundy
I flew QR twice, once on the SIN-DOH-JFK route and return and once on the SIN-DOH-MXP route and return. I didn't plan on collecting miles, but I claimed them retroactively and now I have 30k miles on QR that I don't know what to do with. It seems award flights in Y on the SIN-DPS route are always full.

Delta SkyMiles
I opened this account to earn miles on MU while I was living in Shanghai. I think I have at most 10k miles. All my flights were under 500 miles, hence I don't have any status.

Cathay Pacific Marco Polo
This one is for the few times I fly CX or KA between Hong Kong and mainland China or Taiwan.

American Airlines Aadvantage
This was my first ever miles account. The program is terrible and redeeming miles, especially on other oneworld airlines, is such a hassle that I decided to burn all my miles on a QF flight in J just to close down the account.

Cheers
Coal
Nxt Flts: SQ SIN-KIX | HD UKB-CTS | NH CTS-NRT | SQ NRT-SIN | AK SIN-DPS-SIN

airtrainer

Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:08 pm

The one I use the most is UA Mileage Plus (was Premier last year but nothing this year...and nothing again for next year).
I also have a few other accounts with only little amount of miles on them : EK Skywards, MH Enrich, AF/KL Fying Blue and Iberia Plus.
Life is short : eat dessert first !

aerdingus

Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:10 pm

EI Gold Circle

I have 441 pts....have to get 2500 in a continuous 12mth period to get even on the lowest tier....but I'll keep hammering away...  

If FR had a ffp I'd be a millionaire!!

Generally whatever airline I fly with I'll sign up...just for the excitement...or try to earn EI pts..
A306 A313 A319 A320 A321 A333 A346 A359 ATR42 ATR72 B734 B737 B738 B744 B772 B789 C152 MD80 RJ85 S340

CXfirst

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:51 pm

Well, I join lots of memberships when I fly, so the I am a member of the following frequent flyer programs:

Emirates
Thai (used to be my star alliance FF of choice)
Cathay Pacific (used to be my Oneworld FF of choice)
Virgin Australia
Qantas (my Oneworld FF of choice, but no status)

Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles Elite Level (Star Alliance Gold)

The main reason for using TK, is that the status level is valid for 2 years and very easy to keep. I had one year with a lot of travel, enough to gain Gold, and since then, the once a year flight to Norway from Australia has been sufficient to keep my status!

Most my travel (long-haul) is Star Alliance, so I don't expect to reach any significant status with other FF programs in the short term.

-CXfirst

ERJ170

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:44 pm

I have the following:

US Airways - Silver preferred
Delta - General Medallion, no real status
AA - General, no real status
B6 - Have never used it, but got it
VX - General, no real status.. would LOVE to get more miles on them but need a reason to go to CA. And when/if I move back to RDU, they need to fly there..
Aiming High and going far..

Delta777Jet

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:15 pm

I am Lufthansa Senator (Star Gold) but also Aegean (Star Silver) as I know started to collect with them as it is easier to qualifly for Star Gold through them!

Also Air Berlin Silver (future Oneworld)

Used to be TWA Aviator Gold and still miss them!

Also no Level on AA/DL but never fly them!
I still miss Trans World Airlines and the L-1011

Akiestar

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:31 am

I have seven frequent flyer memberships, which I signed up for because of different circumstances.

Delta SkyMiles
This is my main program (both overall and for SkyTeam), and I've had it for 11 years now since my mom signed me and my sister up for WorldPerks when we moved to the United States. Whenever we had to fly to the Philippines (or, since 2005, to the U.S. since my sister and I moved back), my mom would only put us on NW because she preferred transiting in airports like DTW or MSP, which are "smaller" according to her than big-city airports like LAX, ORD or JFK.

Since this is my primary FFP and all my long-haul flying is consequently only done on SkyTeam carriers as a result (KL primarily in the last two years), I earned Silver Medallion status in 2010, and if my estimates serve me right, I'll be keeping status until at least 2013 given my current flying patterns. I also have earned 140,000 lifetime miles to date. Coincidentally, until I go to the U.S. for the first time in three years next week for Christmas, I earned status without having flown DL, neither before nor after the merger with NW.

Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus
When we flew to ATH in 2004 for my aunt's wedding, my grandmother didn't want to waste the miles, so we signed up for Royal Orchid Plus. Status is pretty easy to earn (15,000 miles to earn Silver), but with most fare buckets on European airlines earning little or no miles with TG when flying intra-Europe, I replaced this with another program in 2010. My membership though still exists (I think, based on the last time I checked), and I'll consider using it if I need to.

Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Miles
Signed up for this in 2009 when I flew PR to NRT, and I use it to earn miles when I fly PR. My dad used to have status for several years (both Elite and Premier Elite) until he stopped most domestic flying with PR in the early 2000s, having shifted to 5J, 2P or Z2 instead, and buying PR tickets only when there's a promo (where mileage is normally only 25% or none at all).

Continental Airlines OnePass
Currently my main Star Alliance program. Signed up for it in 2010 when I flew to Poland for a conference, and I had legs on LH and SK which were not creditable to Royal Orchid Plus, although I was thinking of signing up for it as early as the NW-DL merger, when the threat of miles expiring with DL was looming. I'll be crediting some LO flights too next year, and I hope the switch to Mileage Plus will bide well for me, especially since I signed up for OnePass knowing that my miles won't expire.

Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
Signed up for the program when I flew CX in August, and this is the program of my stepmom, but since Asia Miles is useless for earning miles intra-Europe on most fare buckets, I moved to another program.

Malév Hungarian Airlines Duna Club
Currently my main oneworld program. Signed up for it last month when I flew MA to BUD in response to Asia Miles being useless for most discount fare buckets in Europe and for MA altogether. I read about the status-match offer on FlyerTalk, and I'll be availing of it hopefully by next year. Unlike other FFPs, my approach to this one is segments over miles: earning status with MA takes 40,000 miles or 15 segments, and 15 segments seems doable if I fly often enough. (Hopefully MA doesn't tank.)

jetblast

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:32 am

Entry level at Finnair, ANA, and Asiana just because they send plastic cards in the mail and I wanted one. Never actually flown any of them.

I am, however, a platinum nonrev. Apparently they don't issue cards for that sort of thing.
Speedbird Concorde One

QantasA333

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:15 am

Have memberships with both QF Frequent Flyer program and the DJ Velocity FF program. Don't fly too often but have approximately 11,000 points on QF from flying, and also shopping at their retail partners. No points as of yet with DJ, as I only just applied.

rwsea

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:59 am

I'm a member of the following:

KLM Flying Blue (Platinum Elite)
United Mileage Plus (Premier)

Also a member of Alaska Airlines mileage plan. I was consistently MVP before I moved to Europe and stopped flying intra-US.

Many will tell you that mileage programs are a bit of a bait and switch, especially given how difficult it can be to redeem seats. That said, I've been able to fly back and forth to the US (in J class) several times, as well as free trips to Africa and the Middle East. For me they have generally had a positive effect, especially since work pays for many of my flights.

idlewildchild

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:25 pm

I don't travel enough to gain status but do use credit cards to earn miles that lead to tickets. I try to concentrate on one carrier/alliance at a time. During the past, in order of what I belonged to, it's been 1st, Delta/SkyTeam (Amex card), then AA/One World (when with Citibank, switched to AAdvanage MC) and the last one and the one I'm concentrating on now is CO/StarAlliance (switched to Chase and have both a OnePass MC and Mileage Plus Visa - did that for the extra 40k miles).

Looking back so far I'd say I was with Delta during the golden age and am considering them again after I finish earning about 120,000 CO miles for a South African J r/t I'm hoping to do next year. I'm only about 20k miles away.

WIth Delta growing at LGA and me living on the east side of Manhattan, LGA and JFK are much easier than EWR. I enjoy CO and even UA probably more, once onboard (except those A319/A320s of UA that need refurbishing), but way prefer leaving out of LGA and JFK, thus the reattraction to Delta, which I'll likely return to by the middle of next year. I dred the credit card changes and having to update vendors with the information!

whiskeyhotel

Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:35 pm

My primary program is United (1K and Million Miler).

Backup is Alaska Airlines (MVP Gold). They offer some excellent redemption values on partner airlines for long-haul premium cabin flights.

Managed to earn Gold on Hawaiian Airlines off their ICN-HNL-(XXX) mistake fare in F earlier this year), but doubt I will maintain this status. Their program's redemption rates are fairly uncompetitive when it comes to long-haul premium cabin redemptions.

Also have Silver on bmi, which was a soft-landing from Gold (haven't banked points with BD since LH bought in and it looked like Diamond Club might be gutted. Have not regretted having AS as a backup program).

Several years ago, Air Astana offered status matches to BD Golds. I was Air Astana Gold for about 3 years (quite a generous status match), only dropping to Silver this year. I just wanted the Kazakh wallet candy, and haven't even flown with KC

WN and BA are the only other programs that I bank significant amounts of points with, but don't have any status on either.

UltimateDelta

Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:33 pm

My main program is Frontier EarlyReturns, since I was a former Midwest Miles member. I also recently signed up for SkyMiles with DL, but so far I've only gotten a few segments in.
Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010

iainbhx

Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Lufthansa Senator here and just renewed it for another 2 years. The awards are a bit of a pain except in Premium classes but the upgrades are good. I have basic level BA and KL/AF memberships as well, but they are very rarely used. I used to be a BA Silver (I made Gold in one very good travel year), but pretty much gave up when they stopped flying from BHX.
iainbhx

OA260

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:29 am

Lufthansa Senator *G
BMI Diamond Club *G
BA Exec Club Silver
Air France / KLM Platinum
Aegean Airlines Silver

BMIFlyer

Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:19 pm

Air Canada Aeroplan - was Star Gold (Elite) but no longer have status. Only have 28000 miles left in my account after burning over 200k over the past few years. I'm in the process of dumping Aeroplan as my FF plan - it was once a good plan but has since turned awful with regards to earning miles (they stipulated I had to fly x amount of AC flights a year to earn status).

I enrolled in United Mileage Plus during 2011 and am currently at Star Gold (Premier Executive) level. This will be my FF plan of choice from now on.
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Avianca
Topic Author

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:05 pm

how is normally the machting critaria from the airline?
just asked TACA to match my Platinum Silver from LAN, but still without any answer.
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

MIAspotter

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:36 pm

LH Miles & More = Blue card, I actually loose miles due to expiry faster than I can get them in when I fly on Star Alliance carriers, as some people say claiming a ticket is a pain in the arse and too expensive, so I just use the miles to buy stuff on the WorldShop 

Delta Skymiles = I have aeound 35k miles so I think another long haul on DL and I can move up one level... good to know the miles do not expire.

And lastly I signed up for QR Privilege Club = Burgundy, if I do another asia run from BCN I can reach Silver.

MIAspotter.
Nos vamos de Vueling?

YYZYYT

Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:07 am

Quoting jetblueguy22 (Reply 2):
AAdvantage (haven't used in years, do they expire?),
Quoting yowza (Reply 11):
I'm AC Aeroplan Elite and on VIPorter. I think I may lose Elite for '12 because of a booking class bollocks up flying back from AKL to LAX. Stupid W fare. Unless I can squeeze in 5120nm before Jan 1. Mileage run anyone?

YOWza

There are some great fares to LHR at the moment... 3,500 miles, nip into the City for a pint (or two) and then back out for another 3,500 miles... that should do it!

blueflyer

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:50 pm

Air Canada Aeroplan Elite
I do fly to Canada occasionally, but transiting through YYZ or YUL is actually a pretty convenient way to reach my most common destinations in Europe too, and the front cabin is quite comfortable.

American Airlines AAdvantage
This is my dump account for all my OneWorld flying, of which there never is much. It is my second frequent flyer account ever, but much like the first, not showing a lot of activity recently, and it isn't going to change anytime soon unless my employer adopts a new travel policy.

Continental Airlines OnePass Platinum
Up until last year my busiest account, especially once Continental became part of Star and I started using this account for United Airlines and US Airways flying as well. It was dethroned by Lufthansa this year. Once it is merged with Mileage Plus, I should be 1K although, benefits-wise, I don't think it'll make much of a difference for me.

Lufthansa Miles & More Senator
I've started traveling to/from and within Europe more than usual this year, so this has become my most active account. Senator is probably as high as I'm going to get. A lot of my miles come from other Star carriers such as Singapore Airlines that do not count towards HON, and I actually expect (hope) to fly a bit less next year.

Qatar Airways Privilege Silver
I opened an account with Qatar earlier this year when it became apparent I would flew them a few times. I've had only 9 flights this year, but they were enough to rack up 206 points.

United Airlines Mileage Plus
My very first frequent flyer account, but quite neglected the past several years for business and personal reasons. My United flying increased when CO joined Star and started co-sharing, but the miles would go to my CO account. I think my UA account has a token amount of miles in it, so low I haven't even bothered merging it yet, although I suppose I will have to at some point.

KingFriday013

Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:49 pm

I try and cover my bases:

Delta Air Lines SkyMiles: Silver Medallion (finally hit silver on Sunday!   otherwise i have around 133k miles with DL)
US Airways Dividend Miles (I think I have 6,500 or so miles with them, flew them once this year)
American Airlines AAdvantage (I *had* 875 miles for a while, but I'm not sure if they've expired or not yet)
JetBlue Airways TrueBlue (nothing here yet)

I also have 2 segments this calendar year with Greyhound Road Rewards   (I would have had 3, but my outbound trip was two days before the calendar rolled over)

-J.
Will add later

777ER
Head Moderator

Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:26 am

With NZ Airpoints (currently silver but should get gold again by mid next year) and DJ Velocity. Havn't flowen DJ since 2006-ish

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 4):
Better fly less, buy a full fare F ticket with the world's best airlines and get the best service. Frequent flyer programs don't mean nothing anymore. They don't reward loyalty the way they used to.

Thats totally what NZ are doing to their Airpoints programme. Making it less appealing to fly with them as airpoints earning have reduced and appear to be more focused on earning to fly instead of fly to earn

[Edited 2011-12-16 17:28:41]
Head Forum Moderator
[email protected]
Flown: 1900D,S340,Q300,AT72-5/6,DC3,CR2/7,E145,E70/75/90,A319/20/21,A332/3,A359,A380,F100,B717,B733/4/8/9,B742/4,B752/3,B763,B772/3, B789
With: NZ,SJ,QF,JQ,EK,VA,AA,UA,DL,FL,AC,FJ,SQ,TG,PR

RyanairGuru

Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:26 am

My "real" ff program is Qantas FrequentFlyer. I currently have no status, but with my booked flights I'll achieve Silver for 2012/13 which I'm looking forward to even if the benefits aren't really there for Silver.

I also have a Virgin Australia Velocity account, but I hardly ever fly them. This year I've done just 2 flights with them CBR-BNE and BNE-CBR (on separate trips) so as you can see the miles aren't exactly piling in. In fact I only booked those two flights because QF's options weren't going to work out for me.

Beyond that some computer databases no doubt have me listed as members of Continental OnePass, Emirates Skywards and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer but I forgot about those accounts many years ago. I'm now loyal to one airline and (thus) one alliance.

[Edited 2011-12-18 02:30:53]

[Edited 2011-12-18 02:31:25]
Worked Hard, Flew Right