Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SHUPirate1
Topic Author

Post-slot-swap Delta LGA Minimum Connecting Time?

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:27 am

Just out of sheer morbid curiousity, post slot swap, what is the minimum connecting time between Delta flights going to be? Thanks!

slcdeltarumd11

RE: Post-slot-swap Delta LGA Minimum Connecting Ti

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:09 am

I would think based on how delay prone lga is the real problem is how late you might make it to your destination or if weather cancellation hotels near LGA cost a ton especially after a few flights get canceled. The hotel rates are terrifying sometimes midweek even in advance at LGA. EWR has much cheaper rates at least for the United passengers but it's such a huge hub that only lasts so long in bad weather if there's alot of cancellations. All the ny airports have pretty high rates and full hotels they can be rough hubs to get stuck in as expenses off airport can skyrocket. Getting stuck in say den or clt for example can be just tons cheaper obviously. I would bet LGA has the most expensive hotels on average of an airport and not many good alternatives.

SHUPirate1
Topic Author

RE: Post-slot-swap Delta LGA Minimum Connecting Ti

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:18 am

OK...let me rephrase...I'm not trying to book anything into, out of, or through LaGuardia, or doing this for any sort of personal travel. (actually, I just got back home from LGA yesterday) I'm just curious, trying to see what the connectivity of the LaGuardia hub post-swap is going to look like...