Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

CO764
Topic Author

Toulouse Railway Station To Airport : Enough Time?

Sat May 11, 2013 8:14 am

Hello all,

I am planning a trip to Norway from the south of France for this August. The itinerary I have found takes me on a regional train from Narbonne arriving at 09:04 at Toulouse Matabiau station on Wednesday August 7th. I have done some research and found that there is a shuttle bus to the airport that leaves every twenty minutes (at :00, :20, :40...) that takes between 20 and 45 minutes depending on traffic. Presumably there shouldn't be much traffic on a Wednesday summer mid-morning, right? I would thus get the 09:20 bus, so I should be arriving at Blagnac Airport at 10:05 worst case scenario. I would then get a LH Cityline flight to Munich departing at 11:25, and then connecting on to Oslo.

Do you think that this is too tight? So far, it is the cheapest and most convenient option I've found.

Thanks for any advice!
CO764  

usctrojan18

RE: Toulouse Railway Station To Airport : Enough T

Sun May 12, 2013 12:15 am

Seems like enough time for a small flight in a small airport. If you were trying this in Paris, probably not...

signol

Sat May 25, 2013 9:00 pm

Sounds ok, though in my opinion if the bus still hasn't shown up 10 minutes late, be prepared to take a taxi.

signol
Flights booked: NWI-AMS-JNB-DUR, JNB-AMS-NWI

Toulouse

Tue May 28, 2013 6:09 pm

CO764, Once your train arrives on time form Narbonne, you should be just fine. With an on-time arrival you can easily catch the 09:20 departure. Since this is a Wednesday in August (most people on holidays), traffic will be light, and you will have just missed the rush-hour traffic, so I really see no problem in you making it to the airport on-time.
I'd say you could even make it no problem on the 9:40 bus (the Navette), should you miss this one, opt for a taxi which will get you there in about 10 to 15 minutes.
Long live Aer Lingus!

CO764
Topic Author

Tue May 28, 2013 9:02 pm

Thank you all for your helpful responses! I was having my doubts but now it's quite probable that I'll end up taking the flight.