76er
Topic Author

Has Anyone Flown KLM's New C-class?

Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:30 am

With 3 aircraft (all 747s) now converted and number 4 returning to the line next week I was wondering if any A-nutters have already had the pleasure of flying the new KL C-class. Any good? Hits and misses of the new product?

planenutz

RE: Has Anyone Flown KLM's New C-class?

Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:40 am

On Mondayt, 9/23 I flew on the new C class product on F60 AMS-SFO. I was originaly booked into Y class, but was offered the opportunity to upgrade at check-in for 335 euros. Overall I'd have to say that product is improved. I sat in 78A on the upper deck, which is a window seat. New seats are fully flat with plenty of width and pitch, screen with AVOD is bigger, however, on this flight it was plagued by technical problems and was ultimately switched off mid-flight. Catering hasn't changed.
Not all who wander are lost....

[email protected]

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:47 am

Not yet, but booked next Monday on the night flight PVG AMS and so far the seatmap shows the new seats.... I really hope for no equipment change  

readytotaxi

Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:45 pm

Quoting planenutz (Reply 1):
Catering hasn't changed

That IS a shame, nice new cabin same old food service.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

planenutz

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:27 pm

Yeah, catering is rather a disappointment. I flew on UA AMS-IAH last year in C and preferred the UA cattering and overall service. Don't get me wrong, the KLM cabin crew are awesome. Very professional and courteous. However, the soft product is lacking: food portions were very small for a premium cabin (IMHO), the mid-flight snack service consisted of pre-packages sushi in a plastic conbtainer, or pita nd hummus, also in a pre-packaged container. Alcohol selection was also a bit minimal, although they did have Bols Genever, to which the FA was keen to keep re-filling   The amenity kit is mostly useless. I think that KL should go the way of ANA and provide individual items on request, rather than package them in an amenity kit which it appeared no pax took with them off the place.

That said, the seat was nice. Roomy, full recline, peraonal space, massive IFE screen. They are also angles slightly aay from the aisle for added comfort.
Not all who wander are lost....

roseflyer

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:25 pm

Quoting 76er (Thread starter):
Any good? Hits and misses of the new product?

Isn't it the same B/E Diamond seat that United (Continental version), Aeroflot and Air China are using? Did KLM make any other changes, or just a seat change?
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!