Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

RussianJet
Topic Author

FR Survey

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:08 am

Hi all.

I had an email from FR inviting me to complete a customer satisfaction survey today. Just wondered if anyone else has had one? I completed it honestly based on my experiences. Hope you will do the same.

Any thoughts?
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

02hilliert

RE: FR Survey

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:43 pm

My thoughts are: Why on earth do Ryanair suddenly care what their passengers think?

While I have never really had a terrible experience with them, I don't enjoy flying with them, and won't in future. It's a matter of preference, and I don't think many people would choose to fly them as their airline of choice if prices were the same across the board. From my point of view, regardless of any service enhancements they offer, I think they'll have burnt their bridges with a lot of people. I for one, will likely not board a Ryanair flight until at least 5 years after O'Leary departs!
Next Up: Back to the US - Charlotte & Kansas City

RussianJet
Topic Author

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Quoting 02hilliert (Reply 1):
From my point of view, regardless of any service enhancements they offer, I think they'll have burnt their bridges with a lot of people. I for one, will likely not board a Ryanair flight until at least 5 years after O'Leary departs!

I felt that way for a long time in the past, after experiencing a 16-hour delay with terrible treatment (EI-CSW - I still hate you). However, my life changed and I had to fly FR a lot out of necessity, and now I can view that one serious delay in context.

Quoting 02hilliert (Reply 1):
My thoughts are: Why on earth do Ryanair suddenly care what their passengers think?

Well, it's probably not coincidence that this survey comes hot on the heels of news about wanting to treat passengers better. It can't really be a bad thing that they're canvassing opinion from their customers.

gabrielchew

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:56 pm

No doubt they want to know who to make the passenger experience less awful whislt not having to spend any money in the process or ways to make more money, either by cost cutting, or adding new "optional" charges
http://my.flightmemory.com/shefgab Upcoming flights: AMS-RIX-BUD-VDA,ETH-TLV-FCO-LHR,STN-TXL-LCY,LTN-CPH-LTN,LGW-SZG,MUC-LHR

RussianJet
Topic Author

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:17 pm

Quoting gabrielchew (Reply 3):
No doubt they want to know who to make the passenger experience less awful whislt not having to spend any money in the process or ways to make more money, either by cost cutting, or adding new "optional" charges

Which specific part(s) of the current experience would you say is 'awful'? I flew last week, and quite honestly the only awful thing I can identify is the booking experience (the level of add-on selling is reaching slightly silly levels) - and that's it. There was nothing else bad about it at all. Staff were polite, planes were clean, both flights on time, price incredibly low.

OA260

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:37 pm

These days I would not fly on them unless there was a huge difference. On the routes I use most EI/BA/BE are not that much more and mostly BA/EI get the business. I trust them more during disruptions also.

FR maybe realise they need to change because people want the Easyjet model more and more.

[email protected]

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:41 pm

Not sure why such threads always have people arguing why they would or do or would not or do not fly them when the topic isn't anything to do with that.  
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

RussianJet
Topic Author

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:46 pm

Quoting [email protected] (Reply 6):
Not sure why such threads always have people arguing why they would or do or would not or do not fly them when the topic isn't anything to do with that.

You have a point there, of course. It's all fairly intrinsically linked to customer satisfaction though I guess.

[email protected]

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:15 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 7):
It's all fairly intrinsically linked to customer satisfaction though I guess.

Of course, but they didn't once mention the survey, i.e. the purpose of your post.  
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

OA260

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 7):
It's all fairly intrinsically linked to customer satisfaction though I guess.

Bingo !! Not rocket science really and don't need a university degree to work that out.  

Usually in most standard surveys with regards to customer care/feedback etc... There are a few questions which compare the said company in this case FR to another one maybe in this case EZY EI etc.. Companies use this data to compile trends on what they feel they like about competitors that they dont like about the one conducting the survey. So I would argue that it most certainly does matter that people who would not fly them or be reluctant to are core to such discussions. Indeed its those that you need to try to target and turn around to be a promoter rather than a detractor.

RussianJet
Topic Author

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:35 pm

Quoting [email protected] (Reply 8):
but they didn't once mention the survey, i.e. the purpose of your post.

Indeed not.

I've never had a survey from them before, so was fairly surprised to get one sent to me. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has seen one.

OA260

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:29 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 10):
interested to know if anyone else has seen one.

Just spoke to a mate of mine who flies them every week. Yes he got one and so did his colleagues. So it seems its a wide campaign in various markets.

Some screen shots for those that have not seen it :

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae40/PhilipOA260/fr1_zps01456303.jpg
http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae40/PhilipOA260/frs2_zps58b2a7d2.jpg.

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae40/PhilipOA260/frs4_zps75176257.jpg

As expected its pretty run of the mill questions.

dstc47

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:50 pm

Very interesting what is not being asked about, if this is the full survey.

- the gauging checks of carry on bags on a massive and often, repetitive, scale

- the multiple on board selling announcements, and

- the "another on time........ " horseracing music announcement

all of which may get a less positive endorsement from any regular travellers.

RussianJet
Topic Author

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Quoting dstc47 (Reply 12):
- the gauging checks of carry on bags on a massive and often, repetitive, scale

- the multiple on board selling announcements, and

- the "another on time........ " horseracing music announcement

Well, the checking of bags is fair enough. Stick within the limits and you're fine. If you're carrying a bag that's very obviously within limits, it's often not checked at all. As for the other things, well sure - they can be pretty irritating. For around 50 or 50 pounds return though, I'm prepared to put up with that very minor irritation, particularly when I'm usually wearing headphones when able anyway.

Quoting OA260 (Reply 11):
Some screen shots for those that have not seen it :

Yup, that's the one.