kann123air
Topic Author

The DL 739ER In F

Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi guys, in about two weeks I'll be headed out to LA for a week-long spotting trip. I'm flying on the DL 737-932ER on ATL-LAX in F, and I'm quite excited, as I've heard its a pretty nice product. I'd love to hear your views on it!

Thanks,
Amrit
Going for great

PI4EVER

RE: The DL 739ER In F

Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:58 pm

I've have flown the 739 twice. Once in F and once in Y row 10 EC. The aircraft are of course brand new and you'll notice the visual difference with the Sky Interior, the widget/diamond bulkhead panels that are very attractive, and the overall feeling of new, clean and sleek. The airplane does take criticism for seat pitch in both cabins. I am 5'11" and I was fine with both classes. Granted row 10 actually has more space than regular F with the curtain divider but F class pitch was fine. Many find the seats bigger and therefore a more dense or tight feeling, but I did not feel that away. In row 10 I sat in center 10B and was fine for a short 90 minute segment to TPA. You may get a mixed bag of responses, but considering F cabin seat pitch is tighter across the spectrum of Domestic US carriers it is not a new trend. The days of standing up and turning around at your seat are gone. I think you'll enjoy the ride. P.S. I do feel that curtain divider cheapens the feel of the cabin features, but I don't like them in general on any aircraft. I understand some type of new regulation may dictate the use of curtains in lieu of hard bulkheads, but that does not appear to apply to all airplanes or airlines. I don't believe US or AA have any curtain cabin dividers. Plus the curtain floats to your face in row 10 on takeoff and on this plane you actually have to hold it away from your face until the plane stabilizes.
watch what you want. you may get it.

AirAfreak

Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:06 pm

I really didn't like my experience in Row 1 on the 739ER flying from MSP to LAX last May.

I am 6'2" tall and the experience was less than stellar. Seat width was comfortable and the PTV's were not working after being re-started twice. Forward lavatory is very tight, but thankfully there wasn't any turbulence.

In the past year, I have flown E170 (Delta Shuttle First), 744, 767, A330, 777 all in Businesselite, so maybe not a fair comparison since 97% of my flying is Transpacific/Inter-port sans my domestic flights meeting my international sectors.

Bon Voyage,

AirAfreak
Korean Air | Excellence in Flight.

tommy767

Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:52 pm

They're OK. Better comfort in Y than the M88 & M90, IMHO. I'm not amped to fly on one like I would a 757 or 767 but I would not book away from one either. Leaps and bounds better than the UA 739ER though.

The one HORRIBLE thing is how they configured the lavatories in the rear of the Y cabin. All 3 lav doors can literally fly into one another if pax are not careful.

I really do like the AVOD and thought the seat (while narrow) was decently comfortable. I really don't get the appeal of the new overhead bins. They are positioned quite low and if you aren't careful you can hit your head when opening them.

In F, it did seem a bit cramped but that's unfortunately how it goes these days.
"KEEP CLIMBING" -- DELTA

Osubuckeyes

Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:45 am

Flown on it twice Row 1 & 4

Seats were nice and wide, and pretty comfortable. About what you would expect. Legroom in row 1 sucks!!! Row 4 was not as bad, but it is definitely not as much as some of the other F cabins DL has, though I expect this trend to be the new norm.

AVOD is really nice and has plenty of content. But there is not LiveTV option (at least there wasn't when I flew).

kann123air
Topic Author

Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:59 pm

Quoting PI4EVER (Reply 1):
I think you'll enjoy the ride.

Sounds great!  
Quoting AirAfreak (Reply 2):
PTV's were not working after being re-started twice.

Ouch. I hope that doesn't happen to me on what is to be a 4+ hour flight... To say that I'm addicted to the moving map is an understatement.  

Quoting tommy767 (Reply 3):
I'm not amped to fly on one like I would a 757 or 767

Agreed.
Going for great