bps3458
Topic Author

EK CHECK-IN Question IN MUC

Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:07 am

Hi all,

need a bit of advice on my return trip from the upcoming Transport Logistic 2015 in Munich. I am booked on EK 52 to DXB departing MUC at 22:35 hrs local time but intend to use the EK limo service from the Messegelaende to the airport around 14:00 hrs local time, check-in my luggage and afterwards head back to Munich to catch up with some friends. Am flying business class so here are my questions:

1) Will EK let me check-in and accept my luggage around 14:00 local time even though my flight only departs at 22:35 hrs ? Check-in should be open at that time for EK 050 departing MUC at 15:45 hrs.

2) If EK won't let me check-in, are there any luggage lockers or baggage storage services available at MUC ? Do not want to take my luggage (2 suitcases with clothing and promotional material) as well as my carry on in to the city and take it to the airport at a later stage after I have had a few farewell drinks with my friends.

Cheers from Brisbane,

Peter

debonair

RE: EK CHECK-IN Question IN MUC

Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:05 am

Quoting bps3458 (Thread starter):
Check-in should be open at that time for EK 050 departing MUC at 15:45 hrs.

I only know the rules for Hamburg Airport and there it isn't possible to check in for the later flight... But you can try to convince the check-in agent anyway. MUC is offering a luggage stowage office.

bps3458
Topic Author

Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:49 am

Quoting debonair (Reply 1):
MUC is offering a luggage stowage office.

Hi Debonair,

that is very reassuring to have Plan B if Plan A doesn't work. Thanks for the info.

Cheers from Brisbane,

Peter

ORDTLV2414

Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:24 pm

I did a similar thing at MUC in 2012. I was going TLV-MUC on LY landing at around 9am and MUC-NRT on All Nippon at around 9pm.

I was allowed to check my luggage through after much negotiation, and the check in agent calling the corporate office of ANA in order to figure out how to charge me for my overweight bag but they couldn't issue a boarding pass and since obviously there is no ANA at TLV, I would have to do it in MUC. I remember after spending about 5 hours in Munich I was ready to return to the airport and get settled in but ANA would not let me check in until exactly 3 hours before my flight.

Hope this helps.