opticalilyushin
Topic Author

Connection Advice In Madrid

Thu May 21, 2015 12:08 am

Hi folks, I need some advice for an upcoming trip in September. I will be flying into Madrid with Air Europa on an A330 domestic flight from Tenerife, and I am looking at trying to connect to the LAN 787 to FRA, with 90 mins connection time. I will only have my small backpack, and all boarding cards on my phone, but is 90 mins a reasonable amount of time to get from T1/2/3 to T4? The inbound Air Europa flight has a very good ontime record.

mfc

RE: Connection Advice In Madrid

Thu May 21, 2015 8:25 am

Hi, I think that in your situation you won't have any problems. Getting out of T2 is very fast and there is a convenient bus free service between the terminals. You'll have to go to T2 departures level to take the bus, so as to go directly to T4 is 10 minutes aprox. The bus runs every 5 minutes.

I hope you enjoy your trip.

Rgds,

Martin
So, we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past

gabrielchew

Thu May 21, 2015 12:17 pm

Remember you'll have to go through imigration too, and LAN leaves from T4S, which is another 5-10 mins further on from T4.
http://my.flightmemory.com/shefgab Upcoming flights: AMS-RIX-BUD-VDA,ETH-TLV-FCO-LHR,STN-TXL-LCY,LTN-CPH-LTN,LGW-SZG,MUC-LHR

OA260

Thu May 21, 2015 12:41 pm

Quoting opticalilyushin (Thread starter):
I will be flying into Madrid with Air Europa on an A330 domestic flight from Tenerife, and I am looking at trying to connect to the LAN 787 to FRA, with 90 mins connection time. I will only have my small backpack, and all boarding cards on my phone, but is 90 mins a reasonable amount of time to get from T1/2/3 to T4? The inbound Air Europa flight has a very good ontime record.

Having been on UX and IB a few times recently and transit MAD it is possible but leaves no breathing space especially if you are not familiar with the airport. Even with Fast Track I would personally have chosen a 120 mins connection but Im always more cautious. It is achievable though. Good luck  

roseflyer

Thu May 21, 2015 7:37 pm

Be careful if this is two separate tickets. If you end up missing your flight on LAN because you are stuck on Air Europa, your entire ticket can be cancelled.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!