RIX

RE: Does Any Airline Fly To All The Continents?

Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:59 am

Quoting TWA772LR (Reply 27):
Soviet era Aeroflot! Ok, I know SU was state run and the military planes were painted in SU colors, but they still said Aeroflot on the side!

SU didn't have scheduled flights to Antarctica. Their airplanes were not military either (sorry if I'm missing sarcasm  ).

Viscount724

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:13 am

This thread would have been much shorter and less repetitive (same question is asked quite regularly) if the question had read: What airlines fly to North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia?

Quoting TWA772LR (Reply 27):
Quoting 26point2 (Reply 8):
No cometcial airline service there...yet.

PA did! And also Soviet era Aeroflot! Ok, I know SU was state run and the military planes were painted in SU colors, but they still said Aeroflot on the side!

Pan Am had a few charter flights for the U.S. government. There's never been any commercial service by any airline to Antarctica, and I doubt there ever will be.

Quoting bmacleod (Reply 38):
If not for SA in Star, JNB would be added as well..

I doubt AC would have ever started service to JNB, regardless of the Star Alliance. Market is just too small and costs of operating such a thin longhaul route are too high. And little premium traffic. The state of the South African economy now would make it even more unlikely. For AC it makes more sense to use alliance partners via Europe (not SAA via the U.S. as AC gets very little revenue when they only carry a passenger on the shorthaul transborder sectors).

ianhAU

Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:27 am

Really brilliant video on the "how many continents" question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uBcq1x7P34

Gemuser

Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:52 am

Quoting ianhAU (Reply 52):
Really brilliant video on the "how many continents" question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uBcq...x7P34

Love it!!! The real answer = how many do you want there to be?  

Gemuser
DC23468910;B72172273373G73873H74374475275376377L77W;A319 320321332333343;BAe146;C402;DHC6;F27;L188;MD80MD85