BoeingVista
Topic Author

5 EU Countries Risk Losing Visa Free Travel To US

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:54 am

Quote:
ROME — Europe’s trade in forged and stolen passports is so out of control that the U.S. has given five EU countries until next week to act or risk losing visa-free travel rights.

The threat comes in response to growing alarm over the rising number of lost and stolen documents in the EU, which has doubled in five years. The number of forged passports in the Middle East is also a rising concern. Interpol has data on 250,000 stolen or lost Syrian and Iraqi passports, including blank documents.

The 5 countries are France, Belgium, Germany, Italy and Greece who have been given a February 1 deadline to fix “crucial loopholes” or lose access to the U.S. visa waiver program.

Stolen Passports are a genuine security issue, US is probably right to demand action on this.

http://www.politico.eu/article/europ...-epidemic-visa-free-travel-rights/
BV

VCy

RE: 5 EU Countries Risk Losing Visa Free Travel To

Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:19 am

What are the qualifications exactly to be in the visa waiver program? Because a lot of EU countries aren't included, like Cyprus.

enilria

Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:24 am

Quoting BoeingVista (Thread starter):
The 5 countries are France, Belgium, Germany, Italy and Greece who have been given a February 1 deadline to fix “crucial loopholes” or lose access to the U.S. visa waiver program.

This has severe implications if it takes place and is reciprocated which is typical.

DDR

Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:27 am

Can't really blame the U.S. for this one.

MAH4546

Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:30 am

Quoting VCy (Reply 1):
Because a lot of EU countries aren't included, like Cyprus.

I wouldn't say five out of 23 is "a lot." Plus all except Croatia have been nominated for being added to the program.
a.

detroitflyer

Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:32 am

You really believe they will reciprocate? They have a lot more to lose if American's need visas to visit their countries IMHO. And what's to stop an american landing in the Netherlands and then diving to Belgium. However, now that may be coming to an end.
Boiler Up!!!

LAXintl

Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:35 am

Quoting VCy (Reply 1):

What are the qualifications exactly to be in the visa waiver program?

Many including:

1) Enters into immigration agreement with U.S.
2) Only issues machine readbale passports
3) Law enforcement and security interests - country not considered welfare, health, security or safety threat to the US
4) Automated data sharing on aliens
5) Electronic transmission of identification information
6) Waives rights to appeal determination of inadmissibility
7) Low nonimmigrant visa refusal rate (currently less than 2 percent)
8) Reporting lost and stolen passports to DHS
9) Agrees to repatriation of aliens
10) Airlines enter into agreement and indemnify US government
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

timpdx

Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:56 am

Oh, this will be fun, Imagine requiring Germans and French to line up at their local consulate to get a visa. Literally, this won't fly, its a warning shot, sure, but no way this will EVER be implemented.

If the US did this, it would literally starting a "war on travel"

[Edited 2016-02-01 19:58:40]
Flown 2018: LAX, ARN, DXB, ALA, TAS, UCG, ASB, MYP, GYD, TBS, KUT, BER, TLS, SVO, CCF, DUB, LGW, MEX, BUR, PDX, ORD, SLC, SNA
Upcoming 2018: STL, MIA, BZE, IAH, BHM, LHR, DFW, PHX

xiaotung

Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:00 am

Quoting enilria (Reply 2):
This has severe implications if it takes place and is reciprocated which is typical.

It cannot be reciprocated in this case because there is no border within Schengen Area unless the US disqualifies all Schengen countries.

tortugamon

Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:09 am

Quoting enilria (Reply 2):

Echo others thoughts on reciprocity. It is not automatic and its not like France is expressing similar concerns about US passport fraud.

tortugamon

BoeingVista
Topic Author

Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:12 am

Quoting timpdx (Reply 7):
Oh, this will be fun, Imagine requiring Germans and French to line up at their local consulate to get a visa. Literally, this won't fly, its a warning shot, sure, but no way this will EVER be implemented.

I agree that at this stage its a warning shot but the threat is there.

Quoting xiaotung (Reply 8):
It cannot be reciprocated in this case because there is no border within Schengen Area unless the US disqualifies all Schengen countries.

True at the moment BUT the Schengan agreement is very close to being suspended, this may happen very soon and without warning which will have implcations for travellers from everywhere.

Quote:
The European Union edged closer yesterday (25 January) to accepting that its Schengen open-borders area may be suspended for up to two years if it fails in the next few weeks to curb the influx of migrants from the Middle East and Africa.
http://www.euractiv.com/sections/jus...on-becomes-realistic-option-321297
BV

xiaotung

Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:23 am

Quoting BoeingVista (Reply 10):
True at the moment BUT the Schengan agreement is very close to being suspended, this may happen very soon and without warning which will have implcations for travellers from everywhere.

Are they really going to suspend Schengan agreement or just implement border control for those travel by land? I can't see all intra Schengan flights become international flights overnight across Europe. Don't you need a photo ID to travel by air anyway?

BoeingVista
Topic Author

Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:37 am

Quoting xiaotung (Reply 11):
Are they really going to suspend Schengan agreement or just implement border control for those travel by land? I can't see all intra Schengan flights become international flights overnight across Europe. Don't you need a photo ID to travel by air anyway?

They are planning to suspend it. What's the point of enforcing land borders if someone can just fly over them?

Europe is awash with fake documents, more intensive controld are needed.

[Edited 2016-02-01 20:42:36]
BV

LTU932

Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:13 am

Even if it's a warning shot, I feared it could come to this. Not just because of fake passports, but also because of the stolen passports, e.g. the Syrian woman who managed to enter Costa Rica with a stolen Greek passport.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

unityofsaints

Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:26 am

I only have a German passport and have travelled to the U.S. at least once per year since 2007. If this really happens the U.S. will lose a loyal tourist  

PanHAM

Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:45 am

I put this question before, I had a Visa since the 1970s which was "B1/B2, multiple entries, no expiration Limit" and I still have the old passport with that Visa. The US could make such Visa vaölid again and save loyal visitors the hassle to obtain a new Visa.

Anyhow, I doubt that this will happen although I understand the concerns. German is open house and we have no conrol right now who is here. People throw their passparts away or hide them and apply for entry with false identities.

But then, the same happens in the USA with illegal immigrants. I expect my foreign ministry to negotiate either Visa free travel or Visa for US citizens as well.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

PM

Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:47 am

Really?

It has happened before. (Before the visa waiver programme.)

In 2003 I needed to fly from Tanzania to Mexico via London and Miami. I have a British passport. I had to pay $100 and then report to the US Embassy in Dar es Salaam. A form I had to fill in required me to list every foreign trip I had made in the past ten years. It also required me to list every educational institution I had ever attended giving addresses and phone numbers. (Do you remember the phone number of the school you attended when you were four?)

I had to wait for three hours and then my request was rejected. The photo I had submitted had a pale blue background. It should have been white.

I had to return two days later with the correct photo and queue again.

All this so I could spend three hours in transit at Miami.

Perhaps we need to rethink the whole visa circus?

http://www.economist.com/news/leader...ellers-and-recipient-countries-too

http://www.economist.com/news/busine...rists-cumbersome-visa-requirements

Aquila3

Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:23 am

Quoting detroitflyer (Reply 5):
They have a lot more to lose if American's need visas to visit their countries IMHO.

How so?
If you just look at the number of passports involved (consider that the percentage of US Citizens having a passport is relatively lower) and the average income/lifestyle of the traveler I would not say "a lot more".
I hope this does not happen at all, but fully expect my Country to reciprocate, possibly at EU/Schengen level.
chi vola vale chi vale vola chi non vola è un vile

blueflyer

Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:42 am

You really believe they will reciprocate? They have a lot more to lose if American's need visas to visit their countries IMHO. And what's to stop an american landing in the Netherlands and then diving to Belgium. However, now that may be coming to an end.

France will reciprocate out of pride. Belgium will drag their feet for months but reciprocate eventually because they have little to lose. The country doesn't receive a lot of US tourists, passengers in transit do not need a visa and most business trips are EU-related, meaning they'll happen whether or not a visa is needed.

As for driving in, the risk is remote, but do keep in mind police doesn't need probable cause to pull someone over in France or Belgium. Sometimes they can't resist the temptation to stop a rental car with Dutch license plates close to the border to check whether the driver visited some of Amsterdam's best known coffee shops before heading over, and a form of ID will be asked for...

Rather than reciprocate, they could also retaliate. US law enforcement is a lot more interested to hear from their European counterparts about their less desirable residents than European polices do about US residents.
The Trump/Johnson special relationship: Special people on both sides of the Atlantic

ZealandFlyer

Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:43 am

Quoting Aquila3 (Reply 17):

And then comes the issue: How will the other countries not affected by the possible visa restrictions, i.e. the EU/Schengen countries remaning in the Visa Waiver Programme, react? If only 5 out of the 26 countries are affected then I have trouble seeing a common reaction against the US from then Schengen area.

frostyj

Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:44 am

Oooo that's not going to go down well!
[url=http://m.maploco.com/details/5f34zxvq][img]http://www.maploco.com/vmap/s/8395334.png[/img][/url]

frostyj

Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:46 am

I'm a British citizen so I guess I'm not bothered what they have to do.. I would be angry if I had to do that though.
[url=http://m.maploco.com/details/5f34zxvq][img]http://www.maploco.com/vmap/s/8395334.png[/img][/url]

trent1000

Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:51 am

New rules for Australians are already in effect.
As reported on January 22nd:
Those who have travelled to Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria on or after 1 March 2011 won’t be able to enter the country under the program due to changes introduced overnight under the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act 2015.
The rule also applies to nationals of those countries, although limited exceptions are available for those who travelled for military or diplomatic purposes.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...y/324f3ff7e8e1f1e5593900be72764e49

Aquila3

Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:53 am

Quoting Zealandflyer (Reply 19):
And then comes the issue: How will the other countries not affected by the possible visa restrictions, i.e. the EU/Schengen countries remaning in the Visa Waiver Programme, react?

I agree that this would be the case if only the usual suspects,Italy and Greece, were involved. But I have learnt that if a problem involves Germany AND France it becomes immediately of EU concern.
chi vola vale chi vale vola chi non vola è un vile

pvjin

Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:53 am

Makes sense, according to Finnish news Hans-Georg Maaßen, the head of German security service Bundesamt für Verfassungsschutz, said that Germany has 8350 current or past ISIS fighters in it, 430 of whom are ready to commit terrorist attacks at any moment.

Europe isn't anywhere near as safe as it used to be.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

WIederling

Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:56 am

To a part probably retaliation for doing business with Iran.

Another reason then to route around the US.
( Often enough talked to travellers that
more and more avoid US transit )
Murphy is an optimist

seahawk

Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:57 am

US safety must be the primary concern and considering the chaos in Europe and especially in Germany, where ten thousands of people are living without valid documents, this seems unavoidable.

aviatorcraig

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:05 am

Many of us Europeans are going to lose visa free travel to the U.S. anyway - once we have been on holiday (vacation) to Iran!  
707 727 Caravelle Comet Concorde Dash-7 DC-9 DC-10 One-Eleven Trident Tristar Tu-134 VC-10 Viscount plus boring stuff!

okapi

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:07 am

Quoting mah4546 (Reply 4):

France, Germany and Italy account for most of the EU population with at least 200 milion citizens. That is a lot to me. Quite strange not to see the UK included in this affair after the infamous British / Jamaican citizen who tried to set his shoes on fire on board a plane a few years ago. I believe there's much hype in this. ETSA rules may not be as efficient in this case, not to mention APIS which are both mandatory. You just don't board a plane US-bound like that anymore. The US authorities know well in advance who flies and before leaving the EU soil, a border control generally sposts counterfeit passport rapidly. It would make more sense if they required extra checks if a citizen from these incriminated EU countries tries to fly some unusal route like a Frenchman travelling to the US via IST or PRG, same for other nationalities.
Really doesn't make sense.

Quoting xiaotung (Reply 11):

ID is compulsory when travelling by plane wherever you go in the EU. The flights are considered as domestic but the Shengen rules are at the discretion of the nations themselves. I remember on one of the last G8 summit held in France, border controls were implemented for that short period. I still often see sporadic checks on arrival of many flights. It's just propaganda as most terrorrist have found other ways to cross borders. Paris lessons unfortunately not so well learned.

WIederling

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:16 am

Quoting seahawk (Reply 26):

People without valid papers don't get on international flights anyway.
Assume that this is political.
Murphy is an optimist

scbriml

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:18 am

You really believe they will reciprocate?

Absolutely. And the reciprocation would be EU-wide.

They have a lot more to lose if American's need visas to visit their countries

It's said some people dislike Americans because of their arrogance.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

haynflyer

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:27 am

Quoting okapi (Reply 28):
Quite strange not to see the UK included in this affair after the infamous British / Jamaican citizen who tried to set his shoes on fire on board a plane a few years ago. I believe there's much hype in this. ETSA rules may not be as efficient in this case, not to mention APIS which are both mandatory. You just don't board a plane US-bound like that anymore. The US authorities know well in advance who flies and before leaving the EU soil,

The issue is not that there are bad actors in Europe, the issue is that the documents from the five countries listed can no longer be relied upon due to a high level of fraud. This whole effort is to combat passport fraud and it seems reasonable.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Andy33

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:29 am

Quoting Zealandflyer (Reply 19):
If only 5 out of the 26 countries are affected then I have trouble seeing a common reaction against the US from then Schengen area.

Not that it affects the force of the argument, but:
There are 28 EU member countries, total population 508 million.
Two, the UK and the Republic of Ireland, have a formal opt-out from the Schengen Agreement and instead have their own private Common Travel Area, which is far older than Schengen.
Four, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, and Romania are committed to joining Schengen but have not yet done so.
That leaves 22 countries.
The five that the US is threatening have a combined population of 230 million. The remaining 17 current Schengen countries have a combined population of 166 million.
Just helps to put the discussion in context. Who do you think is likely to have the biggest influence on the policy of the Schengen Area, the five countries who have well over half the total population of the Area between them. or the remaining seventeen with around 40%?

StTim

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:32 am

Quoting PM (Reply 16):

In 2003 I needed to fly from Tanzania to Mexico via London and Miami. I have a British passport. I had to pay $100 and then report to the US Embassy in Dar es Salaam. A form I had to fill in required me to list every foreign trip I had made in the past ten years. It also required me to list every educational institution I had ever attended giving addresses and phone numbers. (Do you remember the phone number of the school you attended when you were four?)

I had to wait for three hours and then my request was rejected. The photo I had submitted had a pale blue background. It should have been white.

I had to return two days later with the correct photo and queue again.

All this so I could spend three hours in transit at Miami.

Perhaps we need to rethink the whole visa circus?

Perhaps some US airports (Miami a key one) should actually introduce a proper transit area so you don't need to enter the US just to transit through an airport. It works elsewhere in the world.

BestWestern

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:40 am

The Italian ID card (paper one) was notorious for lack of controls in their issuance and no centralised control over who had what document - I never realised that passports had the same problems.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

PanHAM

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:40 am

Quoting haynflyer (Reply 31):
This whole effort is to combat passport fraud and it seems reasonable.

Not German passports are falsified but Syrian or Iraqui etc passports. With such travel documents you cannot go on a flight anyhow, visa or not.

ESTA can easily check a German citizen and veriify his adress Details since registering with the City is mandatory and saves a lot of red tape. It's not the German citizens that pose a threat, except a few hundred morons who are known to the authorities. Hence cancelling vis free travel does not make sense and would discriminate Germany, French etc.

Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

thekorean

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:41 am

Quoting scbriml (Reply 30):

All 300 million of them are arrogant. Right.

Andy33

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:41 am

Quoting seahawk (Reply 26):
US safety must be the primary concern and considering the chaos in Europe and especially in Germany, where ten thousands of people are living without valid documents, this seems unavoidable.

You know, I'm sure some of the candidates in the US presidential campaign were telling the voters that there are not thousands but millions of people living in the USA illegally, so without valid documents. It's also alleged that some of these are involved in major criminal activities. The suggestion seems to be that they have entered the USA not from Europe but across the Mexican frontier. Is this an invention by far-right politicians, then?

ID is compulsory when travelling by plane wherever you go in the EU

No it isn't. Many EU airlines ask to see ID in order to check that the person travelling is the one named on the boarding pass, but this is revenue protection. Some countries (including ironically Greece) insist on an ID check for intra-EU flights departing from their airports, others do not. For example British Airways do not require ID from passengers travelling on UK domestic flights unless they have checked baggage.

[Edited 2016-02-02 00:50:15]

PanHAM

Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:49 am

Lufthansa usually does not check ID for domestic flights.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

zkeoj

Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:04 am

Quoting unityofsaints (Reply 14):
I only have a German passport and have travelled to the U.S. at least once per year since 2007. If this really happens the U.S. will lose a loyal tourist

I am another one.... I love travelling in the USA, and I also often just transit through LAX or SFO on my way to/from Europe. But if I need a visa, I will no longer do this, and instead opt for transit points in Asia.

Quoting StTim (Reply 33):
Perhaps some US airports (Miami a key one) should actually introduce a proper transit area so you don't need to enter the US just to transit through an airport. It works elsewhere in the world.

LAX is another prime example. Never understood why I have to go through immigration when just transiting. Even less logical is going through customs, just to re-check 2 meters after the customs control for your ongoing flight out of the USA (i.e. to Europe). What's the point? If I don't have access to my luggage in transit (on a "normal" interlined transfer), I can't smuggle stuff in or out of the US that way. If it is about safety, just run the luggage through scanners and load for the next flight.

Cheers
micha

SKAirbus

Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:07 am

ID is compulsory when travelling by plane wherever you go in the EU. The flights are considered as domestic but the Shengen rules are at the discretion of the nations themselves. I remember on one of the last G8 summit held in France, border controls were implemented for that short period. I still often see sporadic checks on arrival of many flights. It's just propaganda as most terrorrist have found other ways to cross borders. Paris lessons unfortunately not so well learned.

I travel a lot inside the Schengen area and very rarely have my ID checked. In fact it flabbergasts me that in the current environment anyone can board a flight even if the ticket isn't in their name. The only exception to this rule I have seen is in Italy where they ask for ID before boarding domestic flights.

Within Scandinavia, SAS never check ID.

I think Schengen is a great idea but really needs to be rethought out. I can't see it being cancelled as it is a prestige project for the EU and would be seen as extremely damaging to its reputation. Also, countries like France and Germany are too proud to allow it to be dismantled. Just like they were too proud to allow Greece to leave the Euro.
Base: BRU

LGAviation

Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:10 am

Quoting Aquila3 (Reply 17):

They have a lot more to lose if American's need visas to visit their countries IMHO.

How so?
If you just look at the number of passports involved (consider that the percentage of US Citizens having a passport is relatively lower) and the average income/lifestyle of the traveler I would not say "a lot more".
I hope this does not happen at all, but fully expect my Country to reciprocate, possibly at EU/Schengen level.

Legally, the Schengen Area can only give visa-free access to citizens of countries that in turn allow Schengen citizens to enter without a visa. It's sort of what the US requires for VWP membership and if they exclude Schengen members, they simply don't fulfill the criteria for Annex II membership anymore and have to be kicked out. As if the Poland issue wasn't enough
2018: ADD CPH DAR DEN DME DUB FRA HAH HAM IST JIB KEF LYR MEL OSL PEK PKC PVG RAK STN SVO SYD YVR

mjoelnir

Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:41 am

Most of the arguments here are nonsense. What has a paperless Syrian refugee to do with somebody travelling with a valid European passport?
The only group that has been known for using European passports for a terrorist act in a third country in the near past has been the Mossad.
The misuse of a well made passport has been getting quite difficult since the passport includes biometric data.

I hope Schengen will introduce a Visa requirement for USA citizen the moment the USA closes the visa waiver program on major European countries and perhaps include a special line for USA citizen to ask them stupid questions causing a minimum two hours delay through immigration.

There were enough years in the past when Europeans needed a visa for the USA but USA citizen did not need a visa for the major European Countries, that first changed when France got enough of that game and introduced a Visa requirement for USA citizen.

LGAviation

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:10 am

Quoting mjoelnir (Reply 42):
Most of the arguments here are nonsense. What has a paperless Syrian refugee to do with somebody travelling with a valid European passport?
The only group that has been known for using European passports for a terrorist act in a third country in the near past has been the Mossad.
The misuse of a well made passport has been getting quite difficult since the passport includes biometric data.

Isn't it still the case that when one flies for example PHL-JFK-KEF that one could pass initial ID checks at PHL with any state-issued driver's license and that the only physical passport check prior to departure happens briefly at the gate?
2018: ADD CPH DAR DEN DME DUB FRA HAH HAM IST JIB KEF LYR MEL OSL PEK PKC PVG RAK STN SVO SYD YVR

DAL763ER

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:11 am

Quoting SKAirbus (Reply 40):
I travel a lot inside the Schengen area and very rarely have my ID checked. In fact it flabbergasts me that in the current environment anyone can board a flight even if the ticket isn't in their name. The only exception to this rule I have seen is in Italy where they ask for ID before boarding domestic flights.

Within Scandinavia, SAS never check ID.

And so what? Why is ID relevant? Schengen should strive to be ONE country, which in some areas it already is. It would be a shame if that goes away. ID requirement to board a Schengen/domestic flight is as silly in Europe as it is in the US. A boarding pass is essentially a bus ticket. Why is it treated so very differently?

LGAviation

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:14 am

Quoting DAL763ER (Reply 44):
And so what? Why is ID relevant? Schengen should strive to be ONE country, which in some areas it already is. It would be a shame if that goes away. ID requirement to board a Schengen/domestic flight is as silly in Europe as it is in the US. A boarding pass is essentially a bus ticket. Why is it treated so very differently?

Thank you! Intra-German flights for example would never be competitive against rail transport if they involved another 30 mins wait for some official total a look at a five years old picture and to nod their head.

StTim

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:21 am

You require a valid ID to fly anywhere (including intra UK) on Easyjet. A relation was going to fly with her son from to South up to Scotland - but as her son did not have a passport and was too young for a drivers license they took the train instead.

PanHAM

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:23 am

Nothing that was recently invented by US authorities to make "travel safer" makes a lot of sense. The latest EU passports with biometric data are "safe" and requiring visa from passengers who have "recently" been in Iran etc is BS. What about having met an Iranian in Germany? Or having spoken to an Iraqui on the phone?

In freight they just have invented another idea, dreight forwarders issuing AWBs for shipment to the US must now declare on the AWB "that the consignment has not originated in Egypt, Iraq, Syria, Somalia and has not passed through one of These countries. An absolutely idiotic requirement.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

readytotaxi

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:29 am

It would seem to me that all sides stand to loose if this is enforced, I understand the US concern,but would it not be better if America worked with them to fix the security problem rather than issue a ban.
The logistics of setting up a visa program for each county would be a big task, lots of headaches all round.

I see from the article that the deadline has now past, any news from A.netters in affected countries?
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

mjoelnir

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:34 am

For years there was no serious id check on inside Schengen flights, from the middle of last year I have not had one flight were my id was not checked, either by the airline and/or security control.