bps3458
Topic Author

ANY Comments On Our Airlines / Air Nauru

Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:31 am

Hi guys,

lucky me gets to travel from Brisbane to Majuro, Marshall Islands next week. Quick meeting so customer booked my business class on Our Airlines (formerly Air Nauro) on their weekly milk run from Brisbane to Nauru connecting on their weekly flights to Majuro.

Has anyone ever flown this airline and can share their experience. Am looking forward to this flight and the various approaches to the small atolls in the South Pacific but not sure what to expect in business class of their 737.

Hope someone has some insight.

Cheers from Brisbane,

Peter

debonair

RE: ANY Comments On Our Airlines / Air Nauru

Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:27 pm

I guess it's time for a TR! Looking forward to such an "exotic" experience!

bps3458
Topic Author

Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:48 am

Quoting debonair (Reply 1):
I guess it's time for a TR! Looking forward to such an "exotic" experience!

Hi debonair, not expecting much from their business class but will make sure to take heaps of pictures during the trip as I will have to debark in Honiara and Tarawa and change planes in Nauro. I am sure it will be a special experience and not your "usual" business trip with one of the main carriers.

Cheers from Brisbane,

Peter

RyanairGuru

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:54 pm

I had a client fly Tarawa-Nauru-Honiara-Brisbane a couple of months ago after FJ cancelled his TRW-NAN flight mening he missed his connecting flight to SYD. Apparently Naura Airlines (no longer Our Airline by the way) are fine but nothing too flash. Most importantly they came over as much more professional and somehow better organised than Fiji Airways, although admittedly that isn't a high bar to jump.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

bps3458
Topic Author

Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:01 pm

Quoting RyanairGuru (Reply 3):
I had a client fly Tarawa-Nauru-Honiara-Brisbane a couple of months ago after FJ cancelled his TRW-NAN flight mening he missed his connecting flight to SYD. Apparently Naura Airlines (no longer Our Airline by the way) are fine but nothing too flash. Most importantly they came over as much more professional and somehow better organised than Fiji Airways, although admittedly that isn't a high bar to jump.

Hi RyanairGuru,

sounds good. Really look forward to a bit of island hopping ? Will make sure to post Trip Report when I get back.

Cheers from Brisbane,

Peter

fi622

Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:36 am

I've flown with them a few times and will be flying with them again in June (to MAJ as well!). It's always been a pleasant experience, and while historically they have had some fleet issues leading to last minute schedule changes, it does seem they've sorted that out with the introduction of additional aircraft. While I haven't flown them in business, they provided a decent sized meal for their intra-pacific flights, though I can't speak for the BNE-INU flight as i've always taken the late night departure. That being said, INU has little by way of amenities, but does provide for some great views of the island during arrival/departure.

bps3458
Topic Author

Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:46 am

Quoting fi622 (Reply 5):
I've flown with them a few times and will be flying with them again in June (to MAJ as well!). It's always been a pleasant experience, and while historically they have had some fleet issues leading to last minute schedule changes, it does seem they've sorted that out with the introduction of additional aircraft

Hi Fi622,

thanks for the positive feedback. Have had similar feedback that they have somewhat improved their performance/reliability as well as their on on board service in the last couple of years. Am certainly looking forward to this unusual business trip and will enjoy the views and remote airports.

Cheers from Brisbane,

Peter