Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

KLM11
Topic Author

Trip Reports And Crew Anonymity

Thu May 12, 2016 4:37 am

Hi all,

I'm in the process of writing my first "real" trip report. It's chronicling my first B744 flights on UA between SFO and ORD. I can't wait to share it on this site once I've finished writing it. I have what I believe to be an important question before I post it. During my travels the incredibly gracious crew let me into what I would consider sensitive parts of the B744. Like the aft crew rest and the cockpit (with vids/pics). They also gave me a bottle of sparkling wine inflight (told me to not open it in-flight but the gesture and wrapped-in-tablecloth presentation was superb) along with providing my seatmate and I with two glasses of sparkling wine from up front. Mind you I was seated in the last row of Y. Needless to say this left a lasting impression on me and I am forever grateful to have flown with such a stellar crew. But I must ask: is it wise of me to publish the date of this trip or should I just say it took place around a particular time for the sake of crew anonymity? I don't know what UA's policy is on this and I would feel horrible if I posted something that resulted in something bad for the crew. I appreciate your feedback!

KLM11

Edit: Of course the crew rest and cockpit visits took place while on the ground!

[Edited 2016-05-11 21:46:29]
BENAIRE - The Refined Airline

CrimsonNL

RE: Trip Reports And Crew Anonymity

Thu May 12, 2016 6:59 am

If you want to play it safe then just leave the date blank. It won't affect the quality of your report and the crew won't be easily identified!

Martijn
Always comparing your flown types list with mine

copter808

Thu May 12, 2016 5:05 pm

Only problem I see might be the wine. Pretty petty, but sometimes things like that come back and kick someone in the butt.

Let's hear from some UA crews here. In any case, if you have names or flight information it might be nice to write a letter to UA telling them about the crew that gave you such a positive experience.

e38

Fri May 13, 2016 2:02 am

Benjamin (KLM11), my recommendation is consistent with the information in Replies 1 and 2 -- I would not post any information in your trip report that might identify the crewmembers with this particular flight. Should a manager or supervisor become aware of this event, you never know how that person might interpret the actions of the crew with regard to company policy, and whether or not disciplinary action would or would not be appropriate.

e38

KLM11
Topic Author

Fri May 13, 2016 11:17 pm

Ok, I think I'll play it safe and leave the date out of the report. I appreciate the feedback!

KLM11
BENAIRE - The Refined Airline