Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

dubaiamman243
Topic Author

Employment at the U.S carriers.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:20 pm

Hello fellow members!

I have a question regarding the US carriers employing Arabs in their respected companies.
Does the carrier prefer non arabs or non-muslims over muslims?
I am in my 3rd year majoring in Aviation Managent.

What are your opinions and recommendations if any.
The next airline CEO :crossfingers:

Woodreau

Re: Employment at the U.S carriers.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:51 pm

I don't think they're allowed to ask that question so the airlines wouldn't know who the Muslims or christians or agnostics or atheists are.
Bonus animus sit, ab experientia. Quod salvatum fuerit de malis usu venit judicium.

BravoOne

Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:56 pm

I would think that as long as you had a US Visa, assuming you are seeking work in the US, you would be good to go after any Home Land Security requirements are met. As the previous poster mentioned asking one's religion here in the US when it applies to employment is generally not allowed.

TheFlyingDisk

Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:59 pm

I would think that the most important thing that an airline would consider first is eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship. If you're not eligible then you can forget about expending your time applying as you'd be rejected right out of the bat. And this will be asked right from the outset, based on my experience filling out numerous employment forms for US-based companies (not just airlines).

Why not try the ME3, surely there's more for you to do there in aviation management than you would in the US3?
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

DocLightning

Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:22 am

In the United States, no employer can consider race, religion, or national origin* in their hiring decisions. However, they CAN take other things into account. For example, if you're a native Arabic speaker, that may very well work in your favor. In my work, I also do hiring and if someone tells me they speak Arabic or Spanish, that moves them up my list.

*They can certainly take visa/immigration/eligibility status into account. But if you're, say, a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder with Iraqi national origin they can't give you preference over or under a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder of British national origin.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

FlyDeltaJets

Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:39 pm

I know of may Muslim people in both airlines that I have worked for, as previously mentioned it is illegal for an employer to even ask about your religion. There are many oppourtunities available in all of the airlines for those coming out of school

check out:
united.jobs
delta.com/careers
work-here.jetblue.com
jobs.aa.com
southwest.com/careers

thats just the career website for some of the airlines. Good attitude, persistence and interview will get you in the door.
The only valid opinions are those based in facts