Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

1989worstyear
Topic Author

Source for A320-200 Detailed Type Design Drawings

Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:15 am

I'm curious to see what significant changes have been made (if any) since the first -200 rolled out 30 years ago. From what I see working on cabin electrical mods and what I hear when I fly on these things - it seems safe to lump all CEO's under one generation since I'm convinced nothing changed.
Stuck at age 15 thanks to the certification date of the A320-200 and my parents' decision to postpone having a kid by 3 years. At least there's Dignitas...

zeke

Re: Source for A320-200 Detailed Type Design Drawings

Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:24 am

If you work on them you would have access to airnav !
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News

lightsaber

Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:26 am

If nothing changed:
1. Why cannot certain builds have sharklets?
2. Why do certain models get Sharklets after significant rework?
3. Why can latest receive Sharklets bolt on?
4. Early A320 48,000 cycle life, newer 60,000. Hours doubled to 120,000.
4. New coatings/metals, in particular after finding out island hoppers
5. New avionics and FBW. I know more about the 738 (on its 3rd system design for hydraulics).

But detailed engineering drawings! Those are drawings to make the parts and are proprietary. Some never leave Airbus. Some are Airbus and vendor only. Some go out for maintenance manuals. Usually maintenance manuals have only top level parts with a few details for repairs.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

wingscrubber

Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:47 pm

Minor product improvements and evolutions aside,,in terms of changes since day one I would start with the AD list for the A320, each one of which would have resulted in some form of modification;
https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policie ... ch/?q=a320

From my own personal memory of my limited sphere of influence in the landing gear world I can tell you that in this decade alone, from the A320 'classic' to the current A320 NEO, it is on its 3rd landing gear family, second hydraulic system layout, second or third landing gear controller, 5th main landing gear door actuator, 2nd hose supplier, 2nd main landing gear uplock design... wheels, tyres, brakes and TPIS have all changed at least once, the hydraulic fluid spec has changed from 500B to LD4/type 5, the kind of rubber the seals are made from has changed, the nosewheel steering centering cams have changed, etaxi is coming, it has new engines... err what else. Lots of things, and I can only speak for one system, multiply that again for the cabin air system, avionics, flight controls and so on, and you get the general picture - in sustaining engineering (or 'continued airworthiness') you never finish designing the aeroplane, all the way through to retirement.

I suppose the A320 if it was a car would be a kind of a Porsche 911 or Land Rover defender... outwardly decades after entering production it still visually looks like the original, but in actuality fact lots of little things have been changed over the years to the point that it is not a new aeroplane, but a refined version of the original.
Resident TechOps Troll

WIederling

Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:09 pm

wingscrubber wrote:
I suppose the A320 if it was a car would be a kind of a Porsche 911 or Land Rover defender... outwardly decades after entering production it still visually looks like the original, but in actuality fact lots of little things have been changed over the years to the point that it is not a new aeroplane, but a refined version of the original.

He. just look at the original Beetle.

do the NewGen parts in general fit back into older frames or are such generational changes incompatible ( always, sometimes ... ) ?
Murphy is an optimist