Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

heathrow
Topic Author

5T's C-GOPW mechanical?

Mon May 28, 2018 3:08 pm

While it's only rumours, I've heard 5T 's C-GOPW had an engine failure in flight and is stranded in YVQ. I have not seen her around YZF for around a week.

I have tried looking for more info online however most sited require paid membership. If anyone has any further information it would be greatly appreciated.

If true this is quite unfortunate, as I believe this tends to be their more reliable -200.

fr8mech

Re: 5T's C-GOPW mechanical?

Tue May 29, 2018 3:41 pm

You do realize that to many reading this post, all they read is gibberish. I’ve been in the business 30+ years and have no clue who 5T is. I certainly don’t know what type of aircraft carries the registration C-GOPW. Same for YVQ and YZF. Without looking them up, I assume they’re regional airports in Canada, but that’s it.

You may get more information if you wrote with a little less jargon.

Just my observation.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.
Unless it's expressly prohibited, it's allowed.
You are not entitled to a public safe space.
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

aeropix

Tue May 29, 2018 4:00 pm

I think the same can be said for a lot of posters in A-net. Amen to your comment!

PlymSpotter

Tue May 29, 2018 5:27 pm

This is why the mouse-over feature of the old forum format was so useful. It could well be that the poster has assumed this is still active.
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

heathrow
Topic Author

Wed May 30, 2018 2:51 pm

As pointed out, I assumed the codes were easy enough to figure out. I guess a part of me also thought if you don't understand the codes, you won't have any insight in to the matter.

george77300

Wed May 30, 2018 8:58 pm

fr8mech wrote:
You do realize that to many reading this post, all they read is gibberish. I’ve been in the business 30+ years and have no clue who 5T is. I certainly don’t know what type of aircraft carries the registration C-GOPW. Same for YVQ and YZF. Without looking them up, I assume they’re regional airports in Canada, but that’s it.

Just my observation.

Agreed but...

heathrow wrote:
I guess a part of me also thought if you don't understand the codes, you won't have any insight in to the matter.

This is also very true.

fr8mech

Wed May 30, 2018 11:40 pm

[url][/url]
heathrow wrote:
As pointed out, I assumed the codes were easy enough to figure out. I guess a part of me also thought if you don't understand the codes, you won't have any insight in to the matter.

I don't know, maybe after 30'ish years in the business, I believe in clarity and in helping folks. I understand if the airline is American or Delta or British Air, and the airports involved are JFK, DFW, ATL or the like. But, Canadian North and Yellowknife?

By using very specific jargon you eliminated a potential pool of people that could help.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.
Unless it's expressly prohibited, it's allowed.
You are not entitled to a public safe space.
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

JAGflyer

Thu May 31, 2018 12:47 am

heathrow wrote:
While it's only rumours, I've heard Canadian North's 's Boeing 737-200 C-GOPW had an engine failure in flight and is stranded in Norman Wells, NWT. I have not seen her around Yellowknife, NWT for around a week.

I have tried looking for more info online however most sited require paid membership. If anyone has any further information it would be greatly appreciated.

If true this is quite unfortunate, as I believe this tends to be their more reliable -200.

Translated for whoever does not understand the post.
If you flew today, thank a Flight Dispatcher!

CrimsonNL

Thu May 31, 2018 1:44 pm

Always comparing your flown types list with mine

heathrow
Topic Author

Thu May 31, 2018 4:29 pm

fr8mech wrote:
[url][/url]
heathrow wrote:

I don't know, maybe after 30'ish years in the business, I believe in clarity and in helping folks. I understand if the airline is American or Delta or British Air, and the airports involved are JFK, DFW, ATL or the like. But, Canadian North and Yellowknife?

By using very specific jargon you eliminated a potential pool of people that could help.

You make a valid point sir. My personal knowledge of codes may not relate well to others. To be perfectly honest, I'm not all that tech-savvy and am still in the mindset of rollovers. Perhaps it was the rollovers that got me to my level of knowledge at a young age.

I still believe if the average viewer is unaware of the inner workings of Canadian North, or even where Norman Wells or Yellowknife are, they probably won't have much info on this particular bird!

If anyone is curious however, she has made it back to YZF (Yellowknife) and seems to be undergoing some work!

Thank you CrimsonNL! This is interesting as I had thought the #2 had gone!

Max Q

Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:20 am

fr8mech wrote:

Just my observation.

I couldn’t agree more

Abbreviations are pointless if only understood by the writer

Admittedly this a pretty nerdish site but
translations should not be needed for ones own language !
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg